Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
mike
Helen
The Admiral
7 posters

Alternative Dandy trailer tent sink/cooker unit

The Admiral
    The Admiral

Alternative Dandy trailer tent sink/cooker unit Empty Alternative Dandy trailer tent sink/cooker unit

Post by The Admiral Sat 14 Apr 2012, 6:09 pm

I have a notification set up on ebay for new trailer tent ,kitchen units and this one showed up last night and local to us in Walsall as well. No Buy It Now price though but as I really liked the look of it I contacted the seller this morning and he said there was a BIN on it but that had gone when someone placed a bid. However he said he was prepared to end the auction early if we were prepared to pay the BIN price which we were so to cut a long story short we went and collected it this afternoon and here it is.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is the main unit

Showing the sink and cooker unit

You can see the pipework in this one and the side attachments, which are upside down in the picture which slot on to the side of the unit and can be used as work surfaces.

Finally the legs and the storage shelf, the legs are adjustable and the unit slots on to the ridges at the top of the legs.

Really pleased with it, ok is not a Dandy unit, but it will do very nicely and its certainly loads cheaper than having a proper Dandy one installed!

Last edited by Helen on Fri 20 Apr 2012, 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title change with Jaynes permission)
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Alternative Dandy trailer tent sink/cooker unit Empty Re: Alternative Dandy trailer tent sink/cooker unit

Post by Helen Sat 14 Apr 2012, 6:14 pm

Alternative Dandy trailer tent sink/cooker unit 1710857839 Alternative Dandy trailer tent sink/cooker unit 1710857839 Alternative Dandy trailer tent sink/cooker unit 1710857839

we now have two lots of pictures of your very smart kitchen lol! never mind, its absolutely lovely and very very posh Alternative Dandy trailer tent sink/cooker unit 2792229418
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Alternative Dandy trailer tent sink/cooker unit Empty Re: Alternative Dandy trailer tent sink/cooker unit

Post by mike Sat 14 Apr 2012, 6:20 pm

Will you take the stand so you can cook in the awning you are getting Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 14 Apr 2012, 6:24 pm

The colour is perfect too Very Happy
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sat 14 Apr 2012, 6:47 pm

Will take the stand anyway, as it will save us having to put our current kitchen unit up, but you are right it will match our new soon to be awning perfectly. Really looking forward to collecting that, Helen will you be able to bring it along to the Woodhall meet for us and many thanks once again for agreeing to sell it to us? Alternative Dandy trailer tent sink/cooker unit 2161515090
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:21 pm

We have lovely new suspension now Jayne so we can put our Dandy awning on the trailer now instead of having it in the car so no problem getting it there. Alternative Dandy trailer tent sink/cooker unit 184121345
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Sun 15 Apr 2012, 9:38 am

That looks the bees knees. Is it custom made? I like the trolley idea very much. Alternative Dandy trailer tent sink/cooker unit 1710857839
    Essie xxxx
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sun 15 Apr 2012, 10:37 am

Esermalda wrote:That looks the bees knees. Is it custom made? I like the trolley idea very much. Alternative Dandy trailer tent sink/cooker unit 1710857839
    Essie xxxx
    Glad you like it, no its not custom made, it's come out of a Raclet Trailer Tent apparently, the previous owners used it when they went out in their Bongo. They are now having the Bongo fully converted so no longer needed the unit hence the sale.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 15 Apr 2012, 8:21 pm

Not wishing to be offensive to Jayne (I find it easy to offend without effort) but we have kept this thread open and locked the alternative kitchens thread off?????

I'm perhaps uniquely aware that you must have become frustrated with ever getting a kitchen sorted. (I was trying to sort something that would have seen a Dandy kitchen wending the Admirals way)

So it's not what you set out to get originally but you may well have ended up with something that's more versatile.
    If you tend to deploy the awning regularly then cooker and fridge in the awning has a lot to be said for it.

This would be more relevant in a alternative kitchen thread but I'll bump this here anyway.
    If your stuck I have a combined double burner and grill with a sink. The rest of kitchen unit is shot but it is the important basis if you need to make a kitchen. I don't want anything for it.

Just to correct the above the "If Your Stuck" Is an open offer to anyone who needs a kitchen.

Last edited by Tow Itch on Sun 15 Apr 2012, 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It wasn't clear that the offer was to anyone.)
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sun 15 Apr 2012, 9:18 pm

No offence Kevin, Helen started the other thread to post the pictures from the Facebook Group on my behalf as at the time they were on my phone and I couldn't post them on here. I then decided to email them to myself and post them on here from our laptop. It therefore seemed silly to have the two threads going about our new kitchen so Helen locked the other one off, but kep it open with a link to this one because she thought more people might find this thread that way (if that makes sense).

We intend to cook in the Dandy still, rather than in the awning as we will not always be taking that, which is why we needed a unit that would fit in the space between the two sofas which this one does. So now we have a cooker and sink unit that we can use, which I'm happy with so I'm no longer looking for a Dandy one, but I would like to say thank you very much for all the help you have given us in our search.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 16 Apr 2012, 7:16 am

Hi Kevin, Jayne was so happy about her new kitchen units and couldn't post the pics at first so I did it for her and at the same time she was posting them here, I thought we could leave this thread for now whilst Jayne and everyone else is chatting about the kitchen and then perhaps change the title later on with Jayne's permission and then get rid of the other thread but for now I put a link on the other thread.

We prefer to do a bit of housework later on when the threads gone quiet, it's not that we would remove anyone's threads (unless posts are offensive) but if they can be of use to other people we can always change the title and put it in another area at a later date.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 16 Apr 2012, 6:37 pm

Alternative Dandy trailer tent sink/cooker unit 1428739134 on sorting out your kitchen. Alternative Dandy trailer tent sink/cooker unit 184121345
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Mon 16 Apr 2012, 6:40 pm

i really like your kitchen Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 5:06 am