Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Replacement Door Hinges

dave36

Replacement Door Hinges Empty Replacement Door Hinges

Post by dave36 Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:19 am

New Season is upon us, Dandy was pulled out today and all the pvc was washed off with TFR. Hinges remain a problem, as the trailer is over 30 years old I think the way to go may be to replace all of them, but what with?
    please share your solutions, I have bodged them for the mo, but closing the door is a bit of a knack and the kids are not up to it - the aluminium surround fouls the frame.
    Oh - clumsy me crashed the trailer, moving it by hand! need a fog light replacement, is there a direct replacement for the glass?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Replacement Door Hinges Empty Re: Replacement Door Hinges

Post by mike Mon 16 Apr 2012, 11:43 am

dave36 wrote:New Season is upon us, Dandy was pulled out today and all the pvc was washed off with TFR. Hinges remain a problem, as the trailer is over 30 years old I think the way to go may be to replace all of them, but what with?
    please share your solutions, I have bodged them for the mo, but closing the door is a bit of a knack and the kids are not up to it - the aluminium surround fouls the frame.
    Oh - clumsy me crashed the trailer, moving it by hand! need a fog light replacement, is there a direct replacement for the glass?

Dave i think you may have to ring Ian at riva about the hinges i have searched the web for them in the past but never found them,as you say a full set may be the way to go as these things change over the years,i ordered some air vent covers from Ian for my 6 and they are a slightly different size,i rang him and he apologized but said that was the size his supplier used now so i guess mine are not made any more.
    Have you checked if the aluminum frame needs tapping back into place they do sometimes,the fog light on my delta was a separate light just a cheapo job.

mike
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 12 May 2012, 10:23 am

Now on the riva site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 12 Jun 2012, 8:34 am

How much do Riva charge p&p?

Would this site be more competative?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:49 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:How much do Riva charge p&p?

Would this site be more competative?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Always found Ian competitive on postage and of course always a source of free advice
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:37 pm

Will get some ordered then, was interesting to see mine was the only one with just one hinge on the lower door
    dave36

Replacement Door Hinges Empty Riva hinges

Post by dave36 Tue 12 Jun 2012, 4:40 pm

got mine within a few days of talking to Ian, very useful bloke to contact, full of info!
    they were exactly right and I am very happy, dont know about p&p but the ones he had were old stock and £5 the pair.
    My bottom door also has one hinge, lord knows why!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 4:34 am