Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+6
ShaunJUK
hakuna matata
Nick
bgarston
MrsG
mike
10 posters

Fuel prices

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Fuel prices Empty Fuel prices

Post by mike Thu 17 May 2012, 6:35 pm

We had a good moan when the price shot up its now 132.7 a lit at asda just my luck the tank is nearly full.
    MrsG
    MrsG

Fuel prices Empty Re: Fuel prices

Post by MrsG Thu 17 May 2012, 6:41 pm

Hmmmm could be being thick here (has been known) but if it was previously 134.9 (last I filled up 2 weeks ago) and is now 132.7, does that make us worse off if we've lost .2 of a litre but are only saving 2p?

Sorry...I'm a girl.... Rolling Eyes
    bgarston
    bgarston

Post by bgarston Thu 17 May 2012, 6:43 pm

Hi Mike,

I've signed up to this website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The site will send you daily updates of fuel prices at all the filling stations within a radius of a given location.

Ben
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 17 May 2012, 6:48 pm

A few weeks ago it was 140.7 a lit so its moved down 8p a lit,if i did enough mileage that would be a good idea Ben but a tank full lasts a month so it wouldn't be worth venturing out of grimsby for it and here asda are always the best price.
    MrsG
    MrsG

Post by MrsG Thu 17 May 2012, 6:53 pm

Wow....that is quite different just in different regions!

Sneaky buggers they are...
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Thu 17 May 2012, 6:57 pm

I just paid 141.9p for diesel at Shell the unleaded was 135.9p
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 17 May 2012, 7:00 pm

NickB wrote:I just paid 141.9p for diesel at Shell the unleaded was 135.9p

137.7 at asda here
    bgarston
    bgarston

Post by bgarston Thu 17 May 2012, 7:00 pm

mike wrote:A few weeks ago it was 140.7 a lit so its moved down 8p a lit,if i did enough mileage that would be a good idea Ben but a tank full lasts a month so it wouldn't be worth venturing out of grimsby for it and here asda are always the best price.

Fair comment Mike. Around our way there is loads of choice in terms of filling stations. Also we have 2 cars, one petrol the other diesel. I also work the other site of the city from where we live and prices are often different the other side of the city. All in all it's hard to keep track of what is a good price for what we need, when we need it. It is for his reason I find the petrol prices site really useful.

Ben
    hakuna matata

Post by hakuna matata Thu 17 May 2012, 7:58 pm

got to say i cannot rememberthe last time i was in a petrol station for fools liquid gold.
    ive just payed 64p a lt Shocked Fuel prices 2702329197 . thats LPG by the way. puts a smile on your face to go and fill up. Fuel prices 2702329197

neil
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Fri 18 May 2012, 11:49 am

It's 79.9p a litre here, the variation in LPG prices is shocking, and I live almost next door to the refinery!!!
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Fri 18 May 2012, 11:50 am

mike wrote:A few weeks ago it was 140.7 a lit so its moved down 8p a lit,if i did enough mileage that would be a good idea Ben but a tank full lasts a month so it wouldn't be worth venturing out of grimsby for it and here asda are always the best price.

Ooh peerIng out my office window looking for mike filling up his car at Asda Fuel prices 344726530
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 18 May 2012, 12:23 pm

All our vehicles need filling up, that's 160 litres in total affraid They won't all be filled up at once Rolling Eyes Now where's my push bike, and I'll need a dog trailer. lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 18 May 2012, 1:32 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:

Ooh peerIng out my office window looking for mike filling up his car at Asda Fuel prices 344726530

I filled it two weeks ago only used quarter of a tank Very Happy may top it up sunday
    vessey44
    vessey44

Post by vessey44 Fri 18 May 2012, 1:57 pm

hakuna matata wrote:got to say i cannot rememberthe last time i was in a petrol station for fools liquid gold.
    ive just payed 64p a lt
    neil

64p OUCH!!! Get a bulk tank & buy it as agricultural/heating gas much cheaper Wink
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 18 May 2012, 3:56 pm

vessey44 wrote:
    hakuna matata wrote:got to say i cannot rememberthe last time i was in a petrol station for fools liquid gold.
    ive just payed 64p a lt
    neil

64p OUCH!!! Get a bulk tank & buy it as agricultural/heating gas much cheaper Wink

Always wondered about that, can someone out in the sticks who uses LPG as heating gas ligitimately get a lance fitted for piping into a car? I mean ligitimately as in getting a Gas Safe engineer who is paperd up to fit one of these. Knowing a bit about how Gas Safe is item specific I always presumed anyone papered up to fit such a lance was probably in the sole employ of an LPG or petrol factor.
    Not the legitamate bit about having to cough to HM Revenue and Customs for tax on heating gas used as motor fuel.

If it was possible I think you could end up with people in mains gas areas who ended up going with LPG as there car savings outweighed their increased expense on home heating.
    Just tried to look up the cost of bulk LPG can't get a figure per Kg one site quotes 48.99p/litre. Autogas is working out at from 65p/litre from Lister gasses 1Kg = 1.98Litres That means that the Autogas is costing £1.29Kg. So 47 Kg would cost £60.50 That is to within a fiver of the cheaper suppliers of 47Kg gas bottles and a 16p differential between delivered bulk LPG and autogas is derisory considering the tax differentials.

So all the above about fitting a lance on an LPG tank would seem uneconomic. You looking at a totally different price as an industrial buyer Vessey?
    vessey44
    vessey44

Post by vessey44 Fri 18 May 2012, 4:06 pm

Fitting the lance/hand or electric pump is simple its siting the bulk tank according to regulations which can be the disadvantage for most but the advantages make it well worth it Wink
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Fri 18 May 2012, 4:28 pm

Always wondered about that, can someone out in the sticks who uses LPG as heating gas ligitimately get a lance fitted for piping into a car? I mean ligitimately as in getting a Gas Safe engineer who is paperd up to fit one of these. Knowing a bit about how Gas Safe is item specific I always presumed anyone papered up to fit such a lance was probably in the sole employ of an LPG or petrol factor.
    Not the legitamate bit about having to cough to HM Revenue and Customs for tax on heating gas used as motor fuel.

If it was possible I think you could end up with people in mains gas areas who ended up going with LPG as there car savings outweighed their increased expense on home heating.
    Just tried to look up the cost of bulk LPG can't get a figure per Kg one site quotes 48.99p/litre. Autogas is working out at from 65p/litre from Lister gasses 1Kg = 1.98Litres That means that the Autogas is costing £1.29Kg. So 47 Kg would cost £60.50 That is to within a fiver of the cheaper suppliers of 47Kg gas bottles and a 16p differential between delivered bulk LPG and autogas is derisory considering the tax differentials.

So all the above about fitting a lance on an LPG tank would seem uneconomic. You looking at a totally different price [/quote]

all that made my brain ache but yet again we loose thought there was going to be a tanker strike to find no! which added to fuel shortage! which added to fuel rises now the fuel goes down by couple of pence !!!!! ha where's my BIKE and can you tow a Dandy from it Fuel prices 3462454224 Fuel prices 3462454224 Fuel prices 3462454224 Fuel prices 3462454224 Fuel prices 3462454224 Fuel prices 3462454224
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 18 May 2012, 4:39 pm

Whilst dreaming is great can i just pop in a reminder that this is an open forum nice and not so nice people can read posts on here,so lets keep it in the world of dreams and not reality lol!
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Fri 18 May 2012, 4:46 pm

Fuel prices 2161515090 Fuel prices 2161515090 to all tanker drivers ( I have too much bad karma as it is Fuel prices 2792229418 Fuel prices 2792229418

the anger is to the powers to be that tax the hell out of us Fuel prices 2024858757
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 18 May 2012, 5:26 pm

mike wrote:Whilst dreaming is great can i just pop in a reminder that this is an open forum nice and not so nice people can read posts on here,so lets keep it in the world of dreams and not reality lol!

Mike I was looking at what might be achievable legally by someone who already buys bulk LPG.
    I think myself and Mr Vessey are ploughing different furrows. I think he is referring to bulk diesel where I know years ago the savings were massive. That is on bulk NOT red.
    A week or two ago I had an introduction into the world of the legal use of waste vegatable oil. The options for what is possible then the options on process and finally the legal restrictions are such that I didn't even bother mentioning it.
    Fair point but I wasn't mentioning anything that isn't squeaky clean.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 18 May 2012, 5:31 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    mike wrote:Whilst dreaming is great can i just pop in a reminder that this is an open forum nice and not so nice people can read posts on here,so lets keep it in the world of dreams and not reality lol!

Mike I was looking at what might be achievable legally by someone who already buys bulk LPG.
    I think myself and Mr Vessey are ploughing different furrows. I think he is referring to bulk diesel where I know years ago the savings were massive. That is on bulk NOT red.
    A week or two ago I had an introduction into the world of the legal use of waste vegatable oil. The options for what is possible then the options on process and finally the legal restrictions are such that I didn't even bother mentioning it.

Thought the allowance for veg oil use was fairly high so making it worth while,
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 18 May 2012, 6:20 pm

mike wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote:

Thought the allowance for veg oil use was fairly high so making it worth while,

I said I wasn't getting into that.
    Yes 2500litres a year
    So it's also collecting 50litres + per week.
    Having space away from home as a smell between a fish and chip shop and rotting corpses doesn't endear you to the neighbours.
    The equipment isn't cheap the commercially offered stuff is dubious.
    Not setting fire to yourself or poisoning yourself makes the venture more positive.
    You could just filter and twin tank but this isn't suitable for common rail diesels.
    You can't buy then hire or loan the expensive equipment to a fellow producer.
    There is a certain amount of art to it and coming to a grinding halt or wrecking an engine tends to demoralise people.
    There is an amount of residual fats to dispose of.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 18 May 2012, 6:26 pm

Think my ebike is still fairly cheap to run,about 20p for 30miles but it struggles towing the dandy Very Happy
    hakuna matata

Post by hakuna matata Fri 18 May 2012, 7:06 pm

after reading all above , ive got a friend who use,s lpg ,and get in bulk buy for her heating etc.
    for me its easy to drive down the road 1/2 a mile and pay 64 p a lt and let them have the head ache re storage , etc.etc.
    when i first had the LPG conversion done guess what i paid for a ltd 22p Shocked Shocked yes it was one third of petrol price then . but it still puts a smile on my face to go and fill up my camper or my 4x4 . Fuel prices 115684958

neil . Fuel prices 3870488038

p/s look out for a lpg 4x4 kia coming up for sale soon.
    vessey44
    vessey44

Post by vessey44 Fri 18 May 2012, 10:46 pm

The savings on bulk diesel are small when you look at the theft issues...I'm talking of bulk LPG storage for your heating & how cheap that is compared to LPG at the pumps due to having no tax

Forget brewing bio diesel i'll add a photo for you tomorrow to show you why...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 12:13 pm