Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

Apache free standing motor home awning

darkyle

Apache free standing motor home awning Empty Apache free standing motor home awning

Post by darkyle Wed 22 Aug 2012, 10:45 pm

WE used an Apachee motor home free standing awning with our dandy 6, it is very good and fits very well looks great and is better than the origianal dandy awning I think by far.
    when we had the dandy awning we woke to total condensatian it was like a rain forest inside.
    we tried leaving the door part open by 1/2 - 1/4 - closed all no good so we chucked ours away as we thought no one would want it and it came with our camper anyway.

well thats my thoughts anyway and experiance though I know others will defend the dandys poor awning I thought it was poor.

btw even though I am selling my dandy 6 I am keeping the Apachee awning its that good and it can be used with something else we may get at some point.

cheers
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Apache free standing motor home awning Empty Re: Apache free standing motor home awning

Post by Helen Thu 23 Aug 2012, 1:17 pm

I also had a freestanding awning and your right ...... no condensation at all plus the door opening was better and it was no where near as heavy to erect. I sold my first Dandy awning What a Face .......... then spent the next few years trying to find another because I wanted something a bit bigger than the freestanding one we had for when we take little ones with us Rolling Eyes

I have since learned the sheet method for lining the roof and it works so no more drips in the awning cheers

Dandy awnings can fetch quite a bit of money.
    darkyle

Apache free standing motor home awning Empty Re: Apache free standing motor home awning

Post by darkyle Wed 26 Sep 2012, 10:52 pm

We did not know that anyone would pay for a dandy awning Sad
    we just thought that unlike the dandy that is well made and designed that the awning was just to bad and not even a good fit?
    I have found a photo of the awning I used with my dandy if any are intrested I may be able to post it here.
    I dont have a scanner though so would have to take a picture of the picture with my phone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 10:54 am