Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Grunts - Groans - Moans

Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 3 Empty Re: Grunts - Groans - Moans

Post by Eilis on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 7:19 am

hopefully environmental health is the way forward, i really don't know how they can justify doing this to you every year.

if you buy something from a shop it must be fit for purpose, so why are they allowed to do these rubbish repairs every year and make your summer unbearable? how are you supposed to sit in the garden with that noise and dirt all around you Sad
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 7:25 am

Apparently the company that built it are now being sued by the highways agency and this new company is carrying out more repairs than have ever been done, they are taking off the top 8 feet of construction so practically building it all again from scratch and we are being told that this will be the last time for repairs as it should now last for 30+ years. cheers

It's just a pain in the backside because they are rebuilding it, when it was first done they only worked in the daytime and we did have a lot of muck and problems but at least we got to sleep nights. Problem is now it's open they have to get it done as fast as possible so that means night times too. Sleep
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:10 am

Just sort of been conned but not going to argue, tesco have a payg phone offer where you buy £10 top up and get £30 worth,nancys phone is on tesco payg and has been switching itself off,only had it 30 months Very Happy .We decided to buy the one below at £39.97 thinking we would get £20 worth of free credit so the phone would cost £19.97.
Then on reading the top up deal when we got home its not available on her tariff we only pay 10p a min and 5p a text,the tariff its available on is 25p and 10p plus the free credit only lasts for a month.
Luckily the phone looks like good value and it has the qwerty key pad that she wanted after using my blackberry.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:12 am

I've had an LG phone in the past and really liked it, i'm looking at phones at the minute as my contract is up soon and i'm not sure what to get next time. I have a qwerty keyboard at the moment and really like it so i'm likely to keep that but still very much undecided :/
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:20 am

Eilis wrote:I've had an LG phone in the past and really liked it, i'm looking at phones at the minute as my contract is up soon and i'm not sure what to get next time. I have a qwerty keyboard at the moment and really like it so i'm likely to keep that but still very much undecided :/

We only keep nancys going to take to work and because the 0800 numbers are only 10p a min,we dont have a land-line any more,when we got the previous one it was £50 with £20 worth of free credit,she had £28 on it all ready so we started with £48 30 months ago and still have £18 left.
I will change the blackberry next year for a 3g model this one is ok for viewing the forums Very Happy but a bit slow for normal surfing.
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:26 am

don't currently use my phone for internet but as i'm totally addicted to the forum i want to be able to check it during the day when i'm at work lol therefore need to think about internet use this time round Very Happy
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:32 am

Eilis wrote:don't currently use my phone for internet but as i'm totally addicted to the forum i want to be able to check it during the day when i'm at work lol therefore need to think about internet use this time round Very Happy

Well our forum comes up great on the phone, initially i had to set the phone to column view but i dont think that's necessary now
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 12:03 pm

Dear All

This site.
If I have to be logged In to get the option to reply, it's a bit of a pi$$£& to go to preview to be then told to log in.
Did a "Short" review on a Dandy I viewed only to see it all disappear.
Yes I know I should copy it first.
Damn, Blast, Naughtyword, Really Profane Term, etc, etc.

Kevin.
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 12:17 pm

sorry to hear that Kevin, must have been really frustrating Sad

must admit i do things the lazy way and my laptop automatically logs me in when i visit the site (can't find a smug emoticon but that's what i'd put here if we had one lol )
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 12:24 pm

I log in first before I look at anything or reply, if we didn't have the log in then anyone could post anything they wanted on here. Sorry you lost it though Kevin, that must have been frustrating. I have set my laptop so that it automatically logs me in now Eilis.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 12:25 pm

Cant you set things to log in on every visit i do,you should get that option when you use the login at the top of the page,after saying that i let firefox do it
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 1:32 pm

Dear All

As a matter of hygiene I do not use any auto log on selections, and most certainly store no passwords.
Yet to get the option to post a reply you must be logged on. Also to have viewed the link that Helen was referring to I had to be logged on.
I don't know if you have a time out feature?
It only ever seems to be the long posts that go missing.
Perhaps thats sod's law. Perhaps you're all relieved.
Maybe you just installed a clever form of automatic quality control on the comments.

Kevin.

Quick tack on the end. Flood Control. Just added an apostrophe and corrected your to you're. If it's a quick edit Flood Control locks you out for a minute. Which is why you have this tacked on the bottom.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 1:42 pm

Sorry to hear your problems,i can assure you we have no settings you mention and most certainly would not use them on you if we had Laughing you sell your self short as to the value of your contributions (god did i just say that) lol! you did lose me though are you saying your log in disconnects itself,if so i dont understand because if i dont want the laptop for anything else i just leave it logged on i think 8 hours was the most.

mike
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 1:46 pm

I think i saw in the admin a 60 second delay between posts but have never encountered it for an edit,will look at reducing it though just in case

mike
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 1:52 pm

Kevin have reduced it just in case its causing problems.

mike
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 2:39 pm

Hi Kevin, you know I enjoy your posts. There are settings that allow members only to see links and pictures so you have to be logged on. I hope Mike has sorted out the problem you are having, a few members have posted very long posts. Sad
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 2:57 pm

In England we don't get the first injection of anasthetic pale They just go straight in.
I had six of these yesterday, don't watch if your squemish or have a needle phobia

Had a rotten night with pain and the bloody motorway work didn't help. Evil or Very Mad I am in a particularly grumpy mood today

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:03 pm

I can cope with pain so long as its some one else's, dont like needles so i will skip it affraid
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 23 Jul 2011, 3:48 pm

Latest letter sent to Community relations manager

I am yet again complaining about the noise created by the works to the M60, whilst being woken at weekends was a nuisance being woken at 2.30 am during the week is unacceptable and unfair to residents. My husband has gone to work tired and as he has to drive a long distance it is also a health hazard. Whilst you are a very nice man and show sympathy to our plight you are personally not being woken night after night. The noise was so bad on Thursday night that even the dogs that live on our street were barking as you would expect them to do when hearing loud banging in the early hours. It is not just us complaining but the majority of our neighbours are also becoming angry. As stated in the letter that was sent to residents this is going to go on for six weeks, how would you like to be woken night after night and then have to go to work during the day. The noise during the night is a big problem and if a neighbour was causing noise levels similar to those the works are creating then environmental health would take measures to stop it. Explaining what equipment is being used and why is of no consolation what so ever so there is no point in you contacting us if this is all you are going to do, what we need is to be able to sleep at nights and if you do not have the power to reduce night noise levels then please do not contact us. If the noise at night continues we will just have to find someone that can do something about it. Please excuse me if I come across as being grumpy but lack of sleep tends to cause this and is affecting our quality of life. Please do not call around to our property or telephone me as I am currently confined to bed, any correspondence can be done via email so that I have a record of it.

Do I feel better after a good old moan ............. NO
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 28 Jul 2011, 7:43 pm

We now have vibration monitors as the work starts big time with the ripping up of one side of the carriageway this weekend day and night .................. Oh Joy!

The purpose is to see if the vibration is going to be too much for the structure of our property and others along our row Crying or Very sad
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Thu 28 Jul 2011, 8:00 pm

helen wrote:We now have vibration monitors as the work starts big time with the ripping up of one side of the carriageway this weekend day and night .................. Oh Joy!

The purpose is to see if the vibration is going to be too much for the structure of our property and others along our row Crying or Very sad

oh well that sounds encouraging, so not only do you have to put up with the noise and hassle your house could vibrate to bits..... great! affraid
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Fri 29 Jul 2011, 7:03 am

helen wrote:We now have vibration monitors as the work starts big time with the ripping up of one side of the carriageway this weekend day and night .................. Oh Joy!

just to throw a cynical spanner in, who is monitoring this? is it the company that would have to pay if something went wrong or is it being independently checked? not that i don't trust the company, but i don't trust them :-/

they can just say 'no, the vibration isn't too bad' and not do anything Sad
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 29 Jul 2011, 8:12 am

Your right Eilis but as we have already experience of all of this from the first time it was built we are not quite so green now, we dealt with all of this once before. They are going to dig down to the first layer of construction so practically a rebuild and no we don't trust the company as we did the first time around. The vibration equiptment is from the Contractors but our neighbour has contacted her mortgage company and insurance company as she already has signs of damage and they are having similar vibration monitors fitted. Last time this happened we all had to have our home insurance companies repair the damage so we are all now contacting them as it is in their interests to prove that it is caused by the construction. If we have damage on the scale that we did last time we are going to see if we can get our properties classed as blighted, this would mean the highways agency would have to buy them and we would all have to move. We were not aware of this before but we are now as apparently they bought one of the bungalows last time.

We don't really want to move as we live amongst good people and have a community that you don't often find these days but none of us want to have a property that buyers can't get a mortgage on for the next few years and have to pay for our own structural surveys every year for the next few years either. It is really a no win situation.

We may end up living in the Dandy yet cheers
bilbo

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 3 Empty re:grunts,groansand moans

Post by bilbo on Sun 31 Jul 2011, 5:58 pm

hi helen,
hope your back's getting better.I was reading your nightmare with
construction noise and it brought it all back to me and my wife, we used to live in
a maisonette in Hollinwood, Oldham when they were first building it, Horrendous time,
I was on nights at the time and walking round like a zombie. We both hope it's not
too long before you get some peace and quiet
Hugsaregood,
Bilbo
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 31 Jul 2011, 8:36 pm

Not far from me then and yep first time around was awful and now we have to do it all again. My back is feeling better thank you. Now all we need it to be able to get some sleep, first time around they did the work during daytime hours and it stopped at 9 at night, now its 24 hours Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 15 Sep 2019, 8:01 pm