Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Removable insulation

Guzzimik

Removable insulation Empty Removable insulation

Post by Guzzimik Sun 23 Sep 2012, 11:10 pm

After a dodgy summer I actualy managed to get the Dandy out the other day to take some picks of my removable insulation (I think we are going to need them on our trip to Yorkshire!).
    The Panels are attached using press studs, the fixed halfs of the studs are fitted to the door and window panels using small screws, and to the side panel top rails using pop rivets. I also fitted a stud to in the bottom corner of the bed unit.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The panels were made by first measuring the length and height of each side, they are all different. Each panel starts as a rectangle made of two pieces of fabric stitched together with 4oz wadding sandwiched in between. Next the studs were marked and fitted to the edge that is going to be fixed to the window and door panel (making sure that you are matching the appropriate panels). The insulation is then fitted and held up, this enables you to mark out the shape of the insulation to match the appropriate side, and the studs along the top rail.

I made the insulation so that it tucks in behind the matress and fixes to the stud in the bottom corner.
    The side panel was then trimmed to shape and re-stiched together.

The insulation for the ends of the Dandy were made the same way but using 2oz wadding, this enables them to be left in place when the Dandy is packed away.
    The fabric used was something we had laying around, the red/orange fabric seems to have some sort of waterproof coating, which could be a good idea in case of condensation.
    We are considering making window flaps but as yet not sure if necessary, will update if we do.
    The insulation panels are nice and light and we fold them into four and put them in bags in pairs and keep them on top of the Dandy.

I hope this useful
    Mik
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Removable insulation Empty Re: Removable insulation

Post by Caz1960 Sun 23 Sep 2012, 11:28 pm

Removable insulation 1710857839 Removable insulation 1710857839 Removable insulation 1710857839 Removable insulation 1710857839 Removable insulation 1710857839 Removable insulation 2197500976 fantastic good solution to a problem and looks brilliant
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Mon 24 Sep 2012, 7:21 am

that looks great, mike did something with the type of insulation you get to protect tables but this method seems much more flexible and less cumbersome to do

def worth a try Smile
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 24 Sep 2012, 7:55 am

Great job and you'll feel a difference with the insulation Removable insulation 1710857839
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:33 pm

Good idea, and handy to reuse usable things. Removable insulation 2170595768

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 1:13 pm