Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

The Quiet Site - Ullswater - The Lake District

ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

The Quiet Site - Ullswater - The Lake District Empty The Quiet Site - Ullswater - The Lake District

Post by ShaunJUK Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Quiet Site in Ullswater has to be one of my favourite sites.

The site is situated in the village of Watermillock and is situated just a mile from lake Ullswater and has amazing views.

We arrived on Saturday afternoon and was welcomed by the very friendly staff, the site is packed full of facilities.
    The shower and toilet blocks are very clean and the showers are powerful and hot and their is also a couple of bathrooms for those who prefer a bath. There are plenty of sinks for washing up, Laundry and Ironing Facilities.

The site is fully landscaped and all pitches have great views.

There are water points around the site and a chemical toilet and motorhome service point.

My favourite part of course was the Quiet Bar, a lovely converted barn selling locally brewed beers and also their own "Quiet Pint". In a beautiful setting with an open fire and friendly atmosphere. Dogs are allowed in the bar also.

They also have a pool table (which made for a very interesting game)

Can anyone see why?

They also have a soft play area for the kids in the bar and Air Hockey, Table Tennis and a TV room.

Altogether a fully equipped site built for families but which lives up to its name.

There is lots to do in the area and upon arrival you are given a number of local walks, we did the 8 mile walk to Aira Force over the mountain, this isnt just a walk, there are steep thin paths with big drops at the side but it is all worth it for the stunning views!

This was a return visit, my last visit being 8 years ago! I wont be leaving it so long again and recommend it to everyone!
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

The Quiet Site - Ullswater - The Lake District Empty Re: The Quiet Site - Ullswater - The Lake District

Post by Caz1960 Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:02 pm

absolutely stunning and great photo's great place to go flower even with the limbo pool table The Quiet Site - Ullswater - The Lake District 1705467399
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

The Quiet Site - Ullswater - The Lake District Empty Re: The Quiet Site - Ullswater - The Lake District

Post by ShaunJUK Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:08 pm

I just read through and missed so much

They have a well stocked shop which is very well priced, I went out to the supemarket to get some bacon (for breakfast) only to find they stocked bacon and cheaper than Tesco!!

They also have a free to use fridge freezers, microwave and kettle all available 24 hrs

24 hr wifi (not super fast but enough to browse)

Large childrens play field and dog walking area.

I was also to pick up a good 3g signal for those with ipads or internet dongles.

They have also been awarded with an award for the most sustainable park 2012. they have a very long list of why [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 25 Sep 2012, 7:31 am

It looks absolutely beautiful Shaun and it's one we will get to next season, thanks for the review and thanks for all of the pictures.

I'm thinking looking at the reviews, prices and pictures of the sites people get too I'll have to do a bit more travelling next season. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 6:27 am