Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Riviera Heaters

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Riviera Heaters Empty Riviera Heaters

Post by Tow Itch Wed 31 Oct 2012, 5:28 pm

Either two or three people are desperate for these or we may have to re evaluate their worth.

I was involved in a conversation with a site member when this one sold at the end of Sept.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I thought that £207.64 was a one off with two competitive bidders. Though there was a third bid at over £100.

Fortunately the other member managed to buy a Riviera heater for sub £45.

A month later I've now seen this sale.

£210.00 and still with a third bidder above £100.00.

I joked at the first sale will we now see Dandys scrapped off for their heaters. Now I'm not too sure it's a joke.

It could be a realization of the heaters worth as against the cost of a propex.

It could be that point in time where eBay made an open market for an item and having initially made the item cheaper the market demand then increases the items cost. Like what happened with classic motorcycle parts.

It could be getting expensive if you want a heater for your Dandy.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Riviera Heaters Empty Re: Riviera Heaters

Post by mike Wed 31 Oct 2012, 6:16 pm

The biggest selling point has to be the no power at all needed,just gas,when they get to £500 i will remove mine lol!

mike
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 01 Nov 2012, 4:42 am

I might have revised how much value the heater is.

As you may know I like Tilley Lamps and often they are adequate to both light and heat my Dandy.

The ex british military Bialaddin Lamp is possibly slightly superior with the German Petromax Lamp and it's many copies an equal to the Tilley the Petromax lantern being copied by Butterfly, Wenzel, Egret Brand, Sea Anchor, Hipolito, Geniol, etc

As you may be aware or not there is a NATO wide or certainly USA desire to become a one fuel army hence attempts have been made to produce Diesel motorcycles and such.

Now despite the fact that anywhere that there are planes and helicopters Jet A Jet A1 or JP-8 are present and all are close enough to paraffin to allow lanterns to work America has decided it needs a Diesel lantern.

Petromax Lanterns new from £85.00 to £120.00 Nobody seems to be selling the copies now other than wholesale.

Tilley lamps still made in the UK £120.00

Bialaddin lamps No longer made in Halifax but in South Korea £180.00

So BriteLyt of the USA are now manufacturing a version that will burn Diesel and has whole host of additional features. A heater that can be used with or without the mantle, a wire mesh globe and an attachment to use the light or heater set up to power a stove. Oh it has a couple of reflectors as well.

I'm so impressed that they stress how high the quality is then warn of sharp parts.

Nice little video to finish off with.

Think that if I was making a video and demonstrating how to pack and unpack the product I'd put the big metal dividing plate back in when I re packed.

So how much will this integrated light heat and cooking system cost? It's reduced from $500.00 to $450.00.

Does my Riviera heater become worth another £100 if I put a stew on top of the grating panel?

Last edited by Tow Itch on Thu 01 Nov 2012, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 01 Nov 2012, 7:58 am

It could be a selling point but you'd have to try it first, let us know how you get on with that stew Kevin Laughing
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 01 Nov 2012, 6:58 pm

Helen wrote:It could be a selling point but you'd have to try it first, let us know how you get on with that stew Kevin Laughing

Have to make sure that I pack the mallet so I can make the side portion of mashed potatoes.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 04 Oct 2014, 7:41 pm

Just came across this thread by accident and thought of something to add.
    As some may know I have an uninsulated Designer with an aftermarket kitchen as well as my normal Designer. The second one just appeared at the right money.
    Last Sept I camped but forgot an essential connector for the stove.
    The first morning before I could go out to buy a connector I did boil a kettle and cook a fried breakfast on the Riviera heater.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 4:39 am