Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+6
Phoenix
Tow Itch
Caz1960
Cazz
Helen
mike
10 posters

How old is your dandy

Poll

How old is your dandy

[ 5 ]
    How old is your dandy Bar_left9%How old is your dandy Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 12 ]
    How old is your dandy Bar_left22%How old is your dandy Bar_right [22%] 
    [ 19 ]
    How old is your dandy Bar_left35%How old is your dandy Bar_right [35%] 
    [ 19 ]
    How old is your dandy Bar_left34%How old is your dandy Bar_right [34%] 

Total Votes: 55
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

How old is your dandy Empty How old is your dandy

Post by mike Mon 31 Dec 2012, 8:06 am

Just thought this might be thought provoking to prospective new owner,please try to find the time to vote,have not put a closing date on this will let it run

mike
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

How old is your dandy Empty Re: How old is your dandy

Post by mike Mon 31 Dec 2012, 8:31 am

If you feel like it a few words and pictures if not just a vote will do fine

We have a dandy 6 which will be 27 years old in 2013,we started with a 1988 delta and changed for a 6 which was older.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The interior of our 6

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 31 Dec 2012, 8:53 am

This ones mine, the best thing we ever bought and have had so much fun with it ....... and lots more to look forward to

Bonus is it's now worth more than we paid all those years ago Laughing
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 31 Dec 2012, 9:05 am

Helens comment about value makes me think,we paid £750 for the dandy £200 for the awning (this was a very cheap price ) and if i sold it i would make a small profit.

mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 31 Dec 2012, 9:55 am

And what about the people who have more than one Dandy ....... that fit into two categories lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 31 Dec 2012, 9:58 am

Helen wrote:And what about the people who have more than one Dandy ....... that fit into two categories lol!

They can put a post on with pictures and an explanation Very Happy but vote once
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 31 Dec 2012, 10:15 am

We have two Very Happy

Ones is quite new being a 1988 discovery, so that's the nearly 30 category.

The other is one of the very early ones with a plastic sink from the late 60's, as there isn't a 40 to 50 year old category, i've put that in the 30 plus one. I believe it's currently the oldest on the forum.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 31 Dec 2012, 10:23 am

Peeps with more than one should have all their dandy's added to the poll. Very Happy

Can mods add votes for us awkward ones? Or perhaps we need a poll for age of second Dandy. lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 31 Dec 2012, 10:48 am

I dont think admin can add votes,the thing is its one vote or unlimited,now if i go for unlimited it only takes one spammer to join put loads of votes on and ruin it,there would be no way of sorting it as i cant see who voted what,so to try and make it meaningful and safe i limited it to one vote.

mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 31 Dec 2012, 10:51 am

It is going to prove a point though that Older Dandys are still good to go and in use regularly so age of a Dandy isn't as important as condition and you don't have to break the bank to own one either Very Happy
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 31 Dec 2012, 10:59 am

I see, one vote defo sounds the safest option.

A second poll for second Dandys it is then, and a third for some. lol!

Too true Helen, we got both of ours on the road for under £800, we needed all new electrics and tyres on one.

The old electrics were a 5 core cable with string through it I think. :-S
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 31 Dec 2012, 11:21 am

Just thought i will get Nancy to click one for you next time she is on,which do you want the 20-30
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Mon 31 Dec 2012, 12:15 pm

my old girl looking great for her age
    paid £700 for her and she has saved me a fortune, time and comfort more adventures to come
    her little sister will be make her debut soon

(think I had one leg in a dip when I took this photo )the Dandy is straight but I wasn't
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 31 Dec 2012, 12:47 pm

mike wrote:Helens comment about value makes me think,we paid £750 for the dandy £200 for the awning (this was a very cheap price ) and if i sold it i would make a small profit.

mike

I think it might be in the lap of the gods whether you made a profit or not. I've not seen many brown 6's go for over £1,000 and we have all seen the odd one go for pennies.

I don't think the price I'd get for my units if I sold them is a good measure of value. As you have owned your 6 for a few years you must have had full value from its purchase price several times over. It's still in as good a condition as when you bought it and it's not cost a fortune to maintain either. What else can anyone want from a product?
    If somebody sells up because of age it's one thing but while Helen muses that her Dandy is worth more than she paid for it so what. (read on not meant as an insult Helen) Helen is also the first person to recognise what it would cost to replace with something else, if there is any replacement. No one on here can be bothered with canvas again and the few who have gone to caravans are painfully aware of the expense of storage and towing, that they have little more useful space or less than a Dandy and can be a money pit.
    The person who has been most badly burned with a Dandy purchase is The Admiral and yet the costs incurred wouldn't even be considered when you see what people have lost on caravans.

Cracking poll Mike I think it will come as a shock to anyone visiting the average age of Dandys. I entered 30+ for The Green Un (Actually 40+) so a 20 to 30 vote due for the Designer.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 31 Dec 2012, 1:11 pm

The thing is Kevin its not just what you have for sale its how you sell it and if you are in a hurry, most of the adverts i see are pathetic not enough info or pictures or just plain bull sh*t lol!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 31 Dec 2012, 1:27 pm

If Jayne keeps her Dandy for the same amount of time I've now had mine it will mean it's cost less than £200 per year and there will still be a return should she sell, looking at the price of tents I think that's a good deal Very Happy

adding the cost of my new suspension, the mistake of letting the awning go and buying another and other bits and bobs (don't forget I also got a suncanopy that I can sell on ) I reckon it's cost me around £90 per year and going down with each season ..... plus my return should be fairly good.

Taking it all into consideration Dandys are a fantastic buy compared to other options Twisted Evil
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 31 Dec 2012, 1:58 pm

Helen wrote:If Jayne keeps her Dandy for the same amount of time I've now had mine it will mean it's cost less than £200 per year and there will still be a return should she sell, looking at the price of tents I think that's a good deal Very Happy

adding the cost of my new suspension, the mistake of letting the awning go and buying another and other bits and bobs (don't forget I also got a suncanopy that I can sell on ) I reckon it's cost me around £90 per year and going down with each season ..... plus my return should be fairly good.

Taking it all into consideration Dandys are a fantastic buy compared to other options Twisted Evil

I must be more expressive. I was thinking of her grief with Minnie rather than her current purchase. Her current purchase while not cheap has every bell and whistle and has still worked out cheaper than buying an average Dandy and fitting all the bits.

I am actually arguing Dandys are good value. If you could get any price you wanted for your Dandy how much would it have to be to get something other than a Dandy that you would be as happy with?
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 31 Dec 2012, 2:03 pm

mike wrote:The thing is Kevin its not just what you have for sale its how you sell it and if you are in a hurry, most of the adverts i see are pathetic not enough info or pictures or just plain bull sh*t lol!

Mike

I'll agree with you so far but you know how my mind works I'm convinced half the ads from sellers with no details are that way for a reason. If they don't tell you about stuff then you can't argue that they gave an inaccurate description.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Mon 31 Dec 2012, 7:53 pm

As of tonight both of ours fall into the 30+ category. lol!
    Another vote needed for the over 30's.

Phoenix, we think mid seventies.

Dylan, we think 1983 vintage.

The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Mon 31 Dec 2012, 8:18 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    Helen wrote:If Jayne keeps her Dandy for the same amount of time I've now had mine it will mean it's cost less than £200 per year and there will still be a return should she sell, looking at the price of tents I think that's a good deal Very Happy

I must be more expressive. I was thinking of her grief with Minnie rather than her current purchase. Her current purchase while not cheap has every bell and whistle and has still worked out cheaper than buying an average Dandy and fitting all the bits.

I am actually arguing Dandys are good value. If you could get any price you wanted for your Dandy how much would it have to be to get something other than a Dandy that you would be as happy with?

I agree Kevin we definitely got burned with Minnie, but that was before we met you guys and we didn't really know what we were looking at, this time we did! Having said that we grew to love Minnie and has some great holidays in her.
    Olivia wasn't cheap but as you said she has got all the bells & whistles you could ask for in a Dandy and we intend to keep her for years.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 01 Jan 2013, 10:07 am

Jayne

For a man who is rarely short of a word I seem to have great difficulty in both using the right words and putting them in the right order at times.
    What I was trying to say is Minnie is the worst example I know of someone paying too much when unknowing or being outright deceived. Though Minnie pales into insignificance when looked at what happens to people when they are "done" when purchasing a caravan.
    You also managed to repair and replace items and what you sold was a perfectly serviceable Dandy. Bad caravans are are a money pit or scrap or both.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Wed 02 Jan 2013, 8:01 pm

mike wrote:Just thought i will get Nancy to click one for you next time she is on,which do you want the 20-30

Yes please. Very Happy cheers
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 03 Jan 2013, 5:37 pm

Cazz wrote:
    mike wrote:Just thought i will get Nancy to click one for you next time she is on,which do you want the 20-30

Yes please. Very Happy cheers

Suspect is that not cheeting Suspect
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 03 Jan 2013, 6:49 pm

Not really as Cazz has two dandys and can only add one to the poll. The other dandy exists and is in regular use Smile
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 03 Jan 2013, 8:49 pm

Suspect bounce me two need another vote How old is your dandy 3462454224

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 6:12 pm