Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+11
Pashrolo
Terry Baynham
Nick
Eilis
ShaunJUK
The Admiral
Phoenix
bgarston
Tow Itch
mike
Helen
15 posters

Woodhall Spa - Birthday meet

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Woodhall Spa - Birthday meet - Page 5 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa - Birthday meet

Post by Helen Sun 09 Jun 2013, 7:56 pm

Love all the light's, looks so pretty Woodhall Spa - Birthday meet - Page 5 1710857839
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Sun 09 Jun 2013, 8:39 pm

What a great weekend, another brilliant birthday meet with DandyCampers. Unfortunately we couldn't be there on the Saturday night as we had prior engagements again but it was great to see so many people, unfortunately not all in Dandys but circumstances cant be helped.

As the excitement grew last week I had to do something special for the weekend, last year I arranged a talk on Carbon Monoxide this year I thought I would do something a little creative so set about making a flag..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If I had known I could be this creative I would have taken art at school.

The flag is an adapted shower curtain and I used Dylon fabric paints and markers to draw and paint the image.

We had 7 units at Woodhall this year and a good mix of ideas and advice, I like how all members of the forum are happy to spend time discussing what modifications have been made on their Dandy and share information.

This was our first time out properly with our new awning thanks to Caz and the difference it makes is amazing, we had a lot of condensation on the roof and a lot of dripping the next morning so will be looking to find a fix for this.

I didnt get many pictures but I saw at least Jayne and Mike out with their cameras so there will be plenty to come.

The only question left was where next?
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 09 Jun 2013, 9:13 pm

Where are the pics of you all dressed up Shaun??
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Sun 09 Jun 2013, 10:09 pm

I dont think anyone took any
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 09 Jun 2013, 10:26 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:I dont think anyone took any

Well Damn I was looking forward to seeing you all dolled up
    Faceman
    Faceman

Post by Faceman Sun 09 Jun 2013, 10:47 pm

He looked great as a butler but he walked off when I asked him to serve the wine! Laughing
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 09 Jun 2013, 10:53 pm

But no pics Crying or Very sad
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 10 Jun 2013, 9:21 am

Your flag is great Shaun Woodhall Spa - Birthday meet - Page 5 1710857839 might have a go at one myself

Condensation in the awning ...... sew two sheets together end to end and thread over the roof bars, it catches the drips and the sheets dry over the day Woodhall Spa - Birthday meet - Page 5 3498837457
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:29 pm

What can i say Shaun Woodhall Spa - Birthday meet - Page 5 2161515090
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Mon 10 Jun 2013, 6:14 pm

Arrived home at 16.10, came back the pretty way over Woodhead keeping motorways to a minimum.
    Things seem OK, I even got help unloading the bus. A chocolate lollipop with jelly hearts on it and a big bag of mini eggs that I bought in Skeggy yesterday seemed to do the trick Woodhall Spa - Birthday meet - Page 5 1710857839
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Mon 10 Jun 2013, 6:38 pm

jake001 wrote:Arrived home at 16.10, came back the pretty way over Woodhead keeping motorways to a minimum.
    Things seem OK, I even got help unloading the bus. A chocolate lollipop with jelly hearts on it and a big bag of mini eggs that I bought in Skeggy yesterday seemed to do the trick Woodhall Spa - Birthday meet - Page 5 1710857839

Nice one Woodhall Spa - Birthday meet - Page 5 2170595768
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:01 pm

Phoenix landed safely at home at just before 5 o'clock this afternoon. Smile
    She is all unpacked and tidied up ready for her next outing. Which hopefully won't be too long.
    It was really great to meet up with everyone and to finally put faces to names. We enjoyed everyone's company and are looking forward to meeting up with you all again sometime soon.

Ps Shaun the flag looked great. Woodhall Spa - Birthday meet - Page 5 1710857839 Woodhall Spa - Birthday meet - Page 5 1710857839
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:30 pm

Home and in bed by 21.30 after a round trip through Birmingham to collect some spares.
    Missed the people who were there last year but not this.
    Thanks to everyone but especially Terry and April who after I had hunted Mr and Mrs P away refused to take no for an answer and helped me pack up. It would have easily been another hour and a half of packing if I'd been on my own.

More to report but can't as I'm dog tired.

Hope all are safe home.
    Pashrolo

Post by Pashrolo Tue 11 Jun 2013, 12:51 pm

We had a great weekend too, was good to meet some of you and our first time ever seeing other Dandy's - although could someone please book a bit more sunshine next time please, the boys were gutted we didn't get a swim! Woodhall Spa - Birthday meet - Page 5 2618919104
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 11 Jun 2013, 1:26 pm

Pashrolo wrote:We had a great weekend too, was good to meet some of you and our first time ever seeing other Dandy's - although could someone please book a bit more sunshine next time please, the boys were gutted we didn't get a swim! Woodhall Spa - Birthday meet - Page 5 2618919104

Last year they could have had a swim on the site affraid especially under my dandy,we had a fair bit of rain.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 11 Jun 2013, 7:31 pm

Pashrolo wrote:We had a great weekend too, was good to meet some of you and our first time ever seeing other Dandy's - although could someone please book a bit more sunshine next time please, the boys were gutted we didn't get a swim! Woodhall Spa - Birthday meet - Page 5 2618919104

We went swimming on the Saturday, you shouldn't have let the weather put you off the pool was boiling!
    Pashrolo

Post by Pashrolo Wed 12 Jun 2013, 9:05 am

Not entirely sure about swimming on site although I could guarantee the boys would have been playing in it! Think we'll go back and explore the area a bit more so the pool will be a definite next time if it's nice and warm!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 6:15 am