Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Tow Itch
alan195
6 posters

Acrylic Awning set-up instructions needed

alan195
    alan195

Acrylic Awning set-up instructions needed Empty Acrylic Awning set-up instructions needed

Post by alan195 Mon 27 May 2013, 2:30 pm

Hi. I have just bought a 2006 Dart which came with the official zip-on Acrylic Awning. Does anyone have any set-up instructions for the awning?

Thanks

Alan
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Acrylic Awning set-up instructions needed Empty Re: Acrylic Awning set-up instructions needed

Post by Tow Itch Mon 27 May 2013, 3:17 pm

I don't know anyone with an acrylic awning rather than the PVC one.

All I can think of is phone Ian at Riva and see if he will post you some instructions [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Do phone rather than email, emails tend not be responded to as quickly.

Obviously it's his business but Ian tends to provide better support for any age of Dandy than other manufacturers do for brand new campers.

We do love photos here and we would especially love some photos of your awning and how it is set up.
    navver

Acrylic Awning set-up instructions needed Empty Re: Acrylic Awning set-up instructions needed

Post by navver Mon 27 May 2013, 4:21 pm

If it helps, I have a zip on mine but no awning. In addition to the zip there are 2 small white clips with holes in them which look like they will allow a pole to be clipped in. They are located at each end in the top corner under the roof flap.

My guess would be zip it on, fit end roof pole and leg, then start building the frame inside the canopy. I know the front and sides zip in and out.

There must be a back to the awning to seal in the area under the beds.

With any awning, I always lay the poles out first on the floor roughly where they wll go. That makes it easy to identify the parts.
    alan195
    alan195

Post by alan195 Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:11 am

I have contacted Ian, I bought the Dart complete with awning from him. Apparently they were supplied by a French firm Marachel, who are no longer trading, and they did not come with instructions. I have Googled but can't find anything.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:18 am

alan195 wrote:I have contacted Ian, I bought the Dart complete with awning from him. Apparently they were supplied by a French firm Marachel, who are no longer trading, and they did not come with instructions. I have Googled but can't find anything.

That's it? I would have expected more from Ian especially as you bought the unit from him. He didn't talk you through the process then?
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Mon 03 Jun 2013, 1:27 pm

I can't speak or read French but is this them?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    stevie9398

Post by stevie9398 Mon 03 Jun 2013, 3:40 pm

I can help a little as We have an acrylic awning on our Dimension. Principles should be similar.

Assemble frame. There's probably 5 poles with hooks on that hook onto the top of the Dandy front wall. Most likely these will be caravan style hook ends rather than the usual Dandy type as use inside the camper. Apart from this the awning frame looks pretty identical to a PVC awning frame. There will be three very short poles that stick into the front joints to form the front canopy.

Once the frame is up slide the roof over the top until the zip on it lines up with zip on the dandy roof. There are holes in 3 places to push the stub canooy poles over and the pole ends push into pockets at tge front edge of the awning. My zip is actually two zips that start at the bottom of the roof and meet in the middle. You will need a step to reach.

Once zipped on zip in the four panels. Now tension by adjusting the roof poles to take out slack in the fabric. Finally peg and attach guy ropes to 2 front corners.

There should be a piece of PVC skirt that velcros under the dandy door. The skirts yo cover the under bed areas should attach by hooking an elastic on the top corner around a blue button at the front left and right of the Dandy. They will be blue buttons that aren't used for anything else.

Steve
    stevie9398

Post by stevie9398 Mon 03 Jun 2013, 3:46 pm

Sorry about spelling, using my phone!
    I should add there were no instructions for me either. Watch out for unexpected issues as i had a few: Blue buttons for skirts missing, some holes not drilled in poles so poles wouldn't stay together and wrong sized c-clips used so roof bars fell on head when wind blows. I suspect not many were made for my model hence the issues. Once fixed the minor issues it is a great awning though.
    alan195
    alan195

Post by alan195 Mon 03 Jun 2013, 7:57 pm

Thanks for that, it is really useful.

Alan
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:44 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:I can't speak or read French but is this them?

Must be right they even have PVC caravan awnings Acrylic Awning set-up instructions needed 1710857839
    alan195
    alan195

Post by alan195 Tue 04 Jun 2013, 7:54 am

ShaunJUK wrote:I can't speak or read French but is this them?

Slightly different spelling from what Ian gave me. Also Ian said they were no longer trading
    stevie9398

Post by stevie9398 Tue 04 Jun 2013, 12:23 pm

I think it's just a difficult name to spell. One front panel has 'Riva' and the other 'Marechal'.

Not much presence on the web so perhaps stopped trading and bought out by another company. That might well have meant no more custom made awnings for Riva?
    stevie9398

Post by stevie9398 Tue 04 Jun 2013, 12:28 pm

I should have explained - Iwas describing the logos on the front of our Riva awning.

Steve
    navver

Post by navver Sat 08 Jun 2013, 9:32 am

stevie9398 wrote:I think it's just a difficult name to spell. One front panel has 'Riva' and the other 'Marechal'.

Not much presence on the web so perhaps stopped trading and bought out by another company. That might well have meant no more custom made awnings for Riva?

I remember reading somwwhere that they wanted Ian to buy 50 awnings at a time so he stopped offering them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 5:43 am