Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Helen
Owd Lad
6 posters

Dandy Dart For Sale

Owd Lad
    Owd Lad

Dandy Dart For Sale Empty Dandy Dart For Sale

Post by Owd Lad Thu 13 Jun 2013, 11:13 am

A neighbour, Brian, has asked me to post his Dandy Dart for sale. He bought it about five years ago from Ian at Riva. The reason for the sale is that Brian is now suffering from arthritis in his shoulders and has trouble setting up and de-camping. 
    The unit is believed to be a 1990 or 1993 model (chassis number not clear) and is in tidy order and has been well maintained. It isn't winterised but does have a Riviera heater and has had gas struts fitted, as well as being kitted out for an electric hook-up.
    Included in the sale will be:-
    Royal Traveller3 awning, gas bottles, hook-up cable, spare wheel, water carriers, internal lights, shelving and sundry domestic items. (Sorry, but there's no food and drink with it though)
    It should be enough to take it out for a first trip without further expense.
    The asking price is £950. If anyone is interested, contact me and I'll put you in contact with Brian. For information we're situated at Brighouse Bay Holiday Park, a few miles outside Kirkcudbright in beautiful Dumfries and Galloway, offering the chance for a buyer to break their journey and try the unit out for the first time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Steve

Last edited by Owd Lad on Thu 13 Jun 2013, 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Dandy Dart For Sale Empty Re: Dandy Dart For Sale

Post by Helen Thu 13 Jun 2013, 1:22 pm

It is a tidy little Dandy Steve ....... are you sure about the year though, the units look like an early 90's Dandy as do the interior wood style bed walls. The windows are pre 94 too and the blinds suggest it may be a bit earlier possibly 91 - 93.
    Owd Lad
    Owd Lad

Post by Owd Lad Thu 13 Jun 2013, 2:34 pm

Hadn't given the age much thought but I now think your observations are valid and it is earlier than I've put in the description. Been down and had a look at the chassis number, which was a bit inconclusive as the punch marks have been done at an angle, but it does look as if the last two digits could be 90,93,96 or 98. Working on the basis that the last two are unlikely it would mean that it's going to be a 90 or 93. Very sorry if I've misled anyone and so is Brian who didn't know about the chassis number and was only going on what had been suggested on the Riva web site when he was looking to buy. I'd have thought that Ian would have known so it's possible that it was typo' error on the web site. Again many apologies for the error and I'll try an edit.

Steve
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 13 Jun 2013, 2:39 pm

No worries Steve, it looks really clean and tidy ..... as I've said many times my thoughts are that condition is far more important than age when it comes to a Dandy Dandy Dart For Sale 3498837457

I'm just nosey lol!
    navver

Post by navver Thu 13 Jun 2013, 4:05 pm

Beautiful looking dandy that looks really well cared for.

Just wondering what the bungee between the two roof supports in the 4th photo is for. Is that to stop them falling onto the bed when collapsing.
    Owd Lad
    Owd Lad

Post by Owd Lad Thu 13 Jun 2013, 4:39 pm

My what big eyes you've got! My first thoughts were that they were something to do with the shelf but having seen another bungee over the door I realised that they are fitted to stop the 'A' frames from moving off their mountings, if the wind gets up. Our Designer has a different design of mounting and allows us to tie the cords around them. It serves to keep the cords out of the way as well.

Steve
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Thu 13 Jun 2013, 6:54 pm

I never cease to be amazed at how well kept some of the older Dandys can be.

This one looks absoutely fantastic .
    stacy1986

Dandy Dart For Sale Empty Dart for sale

Post by stacy1986 Thu 27 Jun 2013, 1:00 pm

Have you still got this dandy? would love to go and see it if possible thanks
    Owd Lad
    Owd Lad

Post by Owd Lad Thu 27 Jun 2013, 7:13 pm

Stacy, please check your messages. I've sent you some contact details

Steve.
    Owd Lad
    Owd Lad

Post by Owd Lad Mon 01 Jul 2013, 7:24 pm

The Dart is now sold. Many thanks for the interest shown.

Steve
    discobryan
    discobryan

Post by discobryan Mon 01 Jul 2013, 10:30 pm

thanks mate, me and stacy love it, cant wait to get out with it later on in the month!Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 1:10 am