Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+9
The Admiral
navver
mike
minidandy
jake001
Tow Itch
alday
Terry Baynham
Helen
13 posters

August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay - Page 2 Empty Re: August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay

Post by Helen Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:35 am

Managed to get an EHU pitch for you, looking forward to meeting you x

Tow Itch - EHU - confirmed
    Helen & John - confirmed
    Jayne & Nigel arriving the 8th with EHU - confirmed
    Terry and April 9th onwards with EHU - confirmed
    Jake & Sandie with EHU ....... confirmed
    Chris with EHU ........ confirmed
    Mini Dandy with EHU ....... confirmed
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay - Page 2 Empty Re: August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay

Post by mike Wed 31 Jul 2013, 1:13 pm

minidandy wrote:Hello all, been a long time off the forum, just popped back on after spending a lovely 4 days at the Cambridge Folk Festival in my Dandy.

Im interested in coming to this as we were going away in the Dandy that weekend anyway

Do I book it through you Helen?

It would be me, the wife and my dog Copper

Nice to see you back Very Happy 

mike
    minidandy
    minidandy

Post by minidandy Wed 31 Jul 2013, 2:18 pm

Cheers Mike, I lost all interest in Dandy chat after that
    ridiculous spat on another forum a while back, Im back now, see you all on the 9th
    Phil
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 01 Aug 2013, 1:06 pm

Looking forward to meeting you at long last Phil Very Happy

it was an odd day here on Tuesday, the sheep got out and were running around the site and lanes with campers running around rounding them up then the cows and calf's ended up in the horses field along with the captured sheep, half the flock are in another field, I suppose it was entertaining Laughing
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 01 Aug 2013, 3:52 pm

Helen wrote:Looking forward to meeting you at long last Phil Very Happy

it was an odd day here on Tuesday, the sheep got out and were running around the site and lanes with campers running around rounding them up then the cows and calf's ended up in the horses field along with the captured sheep, half the flock are in another field, I suppose it was entertaining Laughing

Hope you get it sorted,the thought of Kevin chasing sheep affraid 
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 01 Aug 2013, 9:22 pm

Aha, the sheep are sorted now, the cows may be another matter Shocked 

I must upload some photo's soon, we met a lovely lad backpacking. When I say met him he arrived on site in the middle of heavy rain late at night and looked so weary we made him hot soup and put a bed in the awning for him and we're glad we did, the following day he took us to a small chapel (smallest in the British Isles) that's just around the corner but can't be seen from the road. Had we not met him we would have still been ignorant to it's existence. It's so lovely and has a natural spring inside and it's just around the corner from here, we've been driving past it for 20+ years and never knew it was there. Poor bugger had lost his camera .......... it was handed in at the office and now his camera will get back to him along with all the lovely pictures he had taken along the route. John's delivering it lol! 
    minidandy
    minidandy

Post by minidandy Thu 01 Aug 2013, 10:44 pm

Bless ya, that was a nice thing to do. I fancy going to that chapel when I get there, its the type of thing my mrs would like Very Happy 
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 02 Aug 2013, 10:30 am

mike wrote:
    Helen wrote:Looking forward to meeting you at long last Phil Very Happy

Hope you get it sorted,the thought of Kevin chasing sheep affraid 

Mike I'm so hurt. What would ever make you think I'd chase sheep? Google "The young bull and the old bull" Besides you can't run in wellies.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 03 Aug 2013, 8:10 am

I was asked by the Admiral if I would have a pop riveter with me over the weekend as theirs had gone walkabout. While on the subject of repairs I'd asked about their heater. It has a slight colour to the flame which I couldn't tell if it was a a partial vent blockage or if it was something on the end of the thermocouple colouring the flame as in a flame test. See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    No didn't think that would interest too many of you so here is a pretty picture illustrating what I thought might be causing the colour I saw. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

To make sure we had tried to give the heater a quick blast with a can of compressed air that I had with me. OK for blowing gunk out of keyboards but not really up to this task of clearing out any partially blocked vent hole.
    Anyway my friend is attending over the weekend and will be using his flatbed transit for transport (AKA The Gypo waggon) which is fairly capacious for carrying kit. So I will be bringing my compressor along to blow out the Admiral's heater my heater and anyone else's if so desired.
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Sat 03 Aug 2013, 7:58 pm

Yes I found that link very interesting, although I had already recognised the salty (NaCl Question ) flame from my chemistry classes 50 years ago What a Face 

always up for a good blowout Kevin cheers 
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 04 Aug 2013, 9:59 am

minidandy wrote:Bless ya, that was a nice thing to do. I fancy going to that chapel when I get there, its the type of thing my mrs would like Very Happy 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 04 Aug 2013, 2:55 pm

My Dandy's had a good clean today, you can see your reflection in the tub ....... it's going up tomorrow ready for the meet as we want to give the pvc a bit of a clean up too now. As you can see the paint job John did on the wheels has held up well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    navver

Post by navver Sun 04 Aug 2013, 3:22 pm

It looks better than new Helen, well done. Cleaning dandies is very satisfying isn't it; they do scrub up so well. No way would you think it was 20 years old.

Those wheels really lift it as well especially with the new bearing caps. A perfect colour match to the trailer.

I need to paint the legs on mine as rust is forming on the welds. I wonder whether they would look good in white. I will certainly be doing the wheels I think.

Is that a new cover and is the spare wheel OK under there. it looks very low.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 04 Aug 2013, 3:34 pm

The spare is fine, the Dandy's currently on a slope and has it's front end elevated so any rain will run off ...... our legs need painting too, we usually use silver hammerite but have toyed with the idea of doing them in the same cream as we did the wheels, or perhaps blue to match the stripes on the tub.  The cover is a few years old now but the pale blue one had a hole in it when we bought the Dandy.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 04 Aug 2013, 7:58 pm

Got to go now another tedious evening of drinking wine awaits, if it's a better day tomorrow I think we'll go up the Orme and watch the sunset, this time I'll get some photo's as it can be spectacular.
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sun 04 Aug 2013, 11:13 pm

Helen slight change of plan, we aren't going to be able to get away early from work on the Thursday as we'd planned so it would be very likely gone 8:00pm before we got there which is too late. But we are still happy to pay for Thursday night so that we can get there as early as we want on the Friday (hope that makes sense). So what I'm trying to say is we'll be there early Friday instead of late on Thursday!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 05 Aug 2013, 10:07 am

That's okay Jayne, you won't have to pay for Thursday ........ however if you want to come Thursday 8 is fine we can get Olivia erected between us and it will still be light.
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Tue 06 Aug 2013, 8:11 pm

Helen wrote:That's okay Jayne, you won't have to pay for Thursday ........ however if you want to come Thursday 8 is fine we can get Olivia erected between us and it will still be light.

Thanks for the offer Helen, but 8:00pm would be the earliest and that's assuming we don't hit any traffic which at that time of day we're almost certain to! So we're going to come down Friday morning aiming to be there about 11:00 - 12:00.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 07 Aug 2013, 9:29 am

See you Friday Jayne Very Happy 

I have my dandy all cleaned up now ........ will get the camera out later. I also have a problem though ....... the bed frame has a crack in the corner affraid the weld going down is okay but the top bit of the frame has cracked Crying or Very sad We're going to do a temporary fix just to make sure it doesn't get any worse until John can weld it.

folks here are fascinated by my Dandy Laughing 
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 07 Aug 2013, 10:04 am

Forgot to say ....... your pitches are all ready and waiting so if you planned to arrive Friday and wish to come sooner you can do August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay - Page 2 3498837457

Remember to drive straight through the farmyard, there is a sharp bend between the barns that the road follows ..... you will see a loo block on the left, just after there is a walled entrance on the right (next to bins) take that ...... you'll see my Dandy. Do not pay at the office ....... we will sort that when everyone is here
    minidandy
    minidandy

Post by minidandy Wed 07 Aug 2013, 12:48 pm

Good good, I should be there 8 ish on friday, chill a beer ready for my arrival!
    Still havent laid a new laminate floor in mine, going to stay late after work and finish it ready to show off, replaced the rotten door bottom with an old kitchen cupboard door, its not a bad colour match!
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 6:09 pm

Estimate tomorrow mid afternoon Helen, it's only 60 miles Smile
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 07 Aug 2013, 8:42 pm

Looking forward to seeing you all, the fridge is full of cold drinks ....... well may not be full after I've finished with it tonight but there will be one waiting for your arrival x

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 07 Aug 2013, 8:50 pm

Trying out my new fairy lights tonight ....... this time they're blue to match the Dandy cheers I've put them all around the sun canopy ....... figured there are going to be a few Dandy's in the same colour so I'd best make sure I know which one to get into at night What a Face 
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 08 Aug 2013, 7:33 pm

Jake and Sandie have arrived, all set up and sipping sangria ........ also eating strawberry's and cream that look delicious Twisted Evil 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 7:57 am