Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Gazebo's on campsites

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Gazebo's on campsites Empty Gazebo's on campsites

Post by Helen Thu 07 Jul 2011, 8:26 pm

I have seen so many gazebo's on campsites trashed due to wind. Some campsites don't allow them because of the damage they can cause to tents, cars or caravans. They are good if the wind isn't strong but if it gets up and your in an open field then be very careful. In the right situation they are a good way to shelter but the conditions matter so if you are going to use one please evaluate the area and the chance of a large gust of wind causing damage. No
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Gazebo's on campsites Empty Re: Gazebo's on campsites

Post by Eilis Fri 08 Jul 2011, 6:50 am

this is so true as my gazebo was the victim of a really strong gust of wind when camping recently and it broke a leg Sad thankfully no other damage was done to tents or anything but 2 other gazebos were damaged at the same time and a caravan awning barely survived
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 08 Jul 2011, 1:55 pm

helen wrote:I have seen so many gazebo's on campsites trashed due to wind. Some campsites don't allow them because of the damage they can cause to tents, cars or caravans. They are good if the wind isn't strong but if it gets up and your in an open field then be very careful. In the right situation they are a good way to shelter but the conditions matter so if you are going to use one please evaluate the area and the chance of a large gust of wind causing damage. No

Worse than that just think, its blowing across the site and connects with a toddler playing affraid
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 08 Jul 2011, 3:11 pm

I've seen a few blowing around fields with bent and broken poles and yes they could really hurt someone too. pale
    Thing is people put them up when its not windy and think they will be okay but then go out for the day and leave them or just go to bed and then the wind arrives and shreds them. bounce

I would say use a Day tent rather than a gazebo, I know they are more expensive but when you consider a gazebo can be wrecked on it's first day up it really is worth the extra money for something made for the purpose of camping and is far stronger too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 9:19 am