Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Easter Camp

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Easter Camp Empty Easter Camp

Post by Tow Itch Sun 16 Feb 2014, 6:01 pm

Easter

Anyone who is interested is cordially invited out at Easter. Self and a few friends are off to Dent. I've made countless posts about Dent before.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  http://www.dandycampers.org/t954-music-and-beer-festival

We'd not originally thought of Dent but of doing a show probably Weston Park.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thing is the camping isn't cheap, there isn't much in the way of facilities and it was called off last year when there hadn't been that much rain.

We then thought about the much smaller but free [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] This provides a show to go to and because it's a free show might tempt those not too focused on transport based events.

Given it's location and the fact that I didn't go to Dent last year Conder farm won the votes for the accommodation.

I am concious that transport and automotive shows are a focus of much of my camping whereas last year we camped near Nantwich and one could take in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but nobody was interested in that last year.

We have tried to ask what people want to do this is the much simpler I am doing this and all are welcome. If you fancy coming but would like to tweak the weekend in some way, do say so.Nothing is set in stone.
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Easter Camp Empty Re: Easter Camp

Post by peridot Mon 17 Feb 2014, 12:21 am

The break from the miserable weather today got us thinking about the season ahead. Hopefully bedwok is booked up for the Green Man music festival in August and it would be lovely to welcome some more members to that gathering if they are interested.

Apart from that we've little planned and will certainly try to get along to a meet-up somewhere. Easter won't work as Mrs P. has sorted us out with one of her cheap overseas holidays. We're going to a part of Spain that is new to me but features in a certain popular TV comedy series. I really don't know what to expect  Easter Camp 1912976309 
    Dustindusty
    Dustindusty

Easter Camp Empty Dent

Post by Dustindusty Wed 12 Mar 2014, 10:33 pm

Hiya , I've camped at Dent a few times but usually use High Laning. I've never checked out the Conder site but I did have a look on google earth . Is there anywhere flat with ehu to camp? As it's Easter I would expect any level ground to be taken early.
    What are your thoughts on this?
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 14 Mar 2014, 5:39 pm

Dustindusty wrote:Hiya , I've camped at Dent a few times but usually use High Laning. I've never checked out the Conder site but I did have a look on google earth . Is there anywhere flat with ehu to camp? As it's Easter I would expect any level ground to be taken early.
    What are your thoughts on this?

Er as I'm quite fond of saying yes and no and no and yes.

Is there anywhere level. Yes the bottom is level(ish). Now the scouts always said not to camp at the bottom of a hill but I'd always said I'd never seen the ground get mushy there let alone pool with water. During the dismal summer of 2012 I did see pooling mind you there were one or two pools at that time at Margarets (High Laning )

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

High Laning 2012 During the Music and Beer Festival when the river broke it's banks on the Friday.

I have to confess at this point I'm hopelessly jaundiced about High Laning part of it is the price when compared to facilities and space but the major part is that she reneged on a deal with a friend over hosting an event there.

There is also a manageable slope on the far wall (The wall near factory(?) next door) The down side of this location is it can be a bit of a midge magnet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Camping along the far side wall.

However EHU is available in neither of these locations.

There is a flat patch to the side of the barns that has EHU but this is normally nobbled by very regular campers during peak times. there is also a flat(ish) patch to the LHS of the track that enters the field where EHU is available.
    They have 2 or 3 spare EHUs plus they will offer an EHU link in substitution for any caravan not being used that weekend. So there could often be 5 or 6 EHU available which is far more than I've ever seen needed.

Easter can be the quietest of the Bank Holidays (dependent on weather) I'd generally say Dent is too full on the Bank Holidays but conversely I like the village show in August. Also while at times I think we (friends and I) do Dent too much we didn't go at all last year and I miss Dent.

I did a review on Conder Farm [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you are thinking of going one downside is you can't book.

I'd say also if you want anything that needs a bit of effort it's better to catch Mick than Wendy. Conversely if you are thinking of going PM me (I'll send you my phone number (Which is useless when in Dent. 3 only worked for 1 year) and we will try to sort EHU in advance.
    Dustindusty
    Dustindusty

Easter Camp Empty Dent

Post by Dustindusty Thu 27 Mar 2014, 10:01 pm

I'm camping at High Lanning next wknd 4th-6th with a few biking buddies . I'll check out the conder site and see if it suits.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 11:47 am