Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Dandy Dart For Sale

Dholtuk

Dandy Dart For Sale Empty Dandy Dart For Sale

Post by Dholtuk Thu 20 Feb 2014, 11:07 pm

I am reluctantly selling my Dandy Dart which I believe to be 1998 model. It is light blue and white and is fully winterised (paid for as an extra). It comes complete with matching PVC awning and also matching PVC sun canopy. Great condition inside and out. I need to get it out of the garage and take some photos when the weather is better and will then post these. Please post for any information.
    £1200
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Dandy Dart For Sale Empty Re: Dandy Dart For Sale

Post by Tow Itch Fri 21 Feb 2014, 12:06 am

Hello

Sorry things don't look to be working out, sorry to be losing you.
    Yes photos would be a great Idea.
    Fully Winterised, is that the heater as well as the insulated walls?
    If it's anything like £1,200 sounds quite reasonable.
    The photos and any further details about electrics and accessories would help too. The awning and sun canopy is very rare.
    If we are losing you what you are going on to? The price sounds reasonable if not cheap.Don't want to queer your pitch for selling but what about the Dart didn't suit you?
    Everything in life is a compromise but if we are going to be honest with new owners it would be good to know what causes owners to throw their hand in.
    I don't think it would affect your sale to tell but if you are bothered if you want to PM me that would be fine and I'll keep your reasons to one side.
    Dholtuk

Post by Dholtuk Fri 21 Feb 2014, 9:41 am

Hi there, the walls are fully winterised but it does not have underfloor heating. It still has 12v sockets but no battery so we have just been using a mains extension lead with 4 way adapter on and just thread that through into the kitchen. This is included in sale. The mattresses are both in great condition as is the seat cushion. The whole of the sink area is in great condition and we have replaced a few of the door catches which had broken. It comes with original curtains but does not come with roof liner. The awning and sun canopy have barely been used so these are all great condition too. I cleaned the majority of the camper with the recommended PVC cleaner last time we were out in it and it comes up a dream. The only part which is still dirty is the trailer cover as it was stored outside for a short while by the previous owners. There is no reason why this won't clean off too though. We have some paperwork with it too about the camper and instructions on how to erect the awning. Also receipts for the winterisation which cost over £400 alone.
    The reason for sale is that although I love the camper and it was my idea to buy it, my husband still prefers a caravan. His sister is selling us her caravan very cheap and it's too good an offer to refuse really. There are absolutely no issues with the trailer and it tows easily and my husband managed to put it up by himself a few times. I think he also misses having a toilet as we have 2 children which can be a pain in the night trekking to the toilets.
    I will try and get some pictures today.
    Thanks again.
    Dholtuk

Post by Dholtuk Fri 21 Feb 2014, 9:49 am

Sorry I have just remembered. The zip on the awning door is pulling away from the seam at one point. It is fixable and could either be glued or re stitched but we never got round to doing it as it wasn't really an issue but just like to be honest.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 21 Feb 2014, 1:03 pm

Dholtuk wrote:Sorry I have just remembered. The zip on the awning door is pulling away from the seam at one point. It is fixable and could either be glued or re stitched but we never got round to doing it as it wasn't really an issue but just like to be honest.

They do that. If I were buying I'd get it done while having zip out panels made for the awning. Definitely makes awning erection easier.

Get you photos uploaded. It's the time people start looking.
    Dholtuk

Post by Dholtuk Fri 21 Feb 2014, 1:43 pm

Photos available via following link

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Dholtuk

Post by Dholtuk Fri 21 Feb 2014, 1:49 pm

I am sorry to say that whilst putting the camper down after taking pictures this morning I have somehow managed to catch the inner roof on something and caused a tear. It is probably about the size of my hand and I'm sure can be easily fixed as it's a clean rip. It is also definitely only on the inside and won't affect how watertight it is. I am so gutted about this though because as you can see from the rest of the pictures this dart is a beauty. Also like a say I'm sure it's very easy and quick to fix just can't believe how I've managed to do it Sad
    I have taken lots of pictures so you can see just how good this camper is and how clean it all is. Whoever buys it won't be disappointed
    Dholtuk

Post by Dholtuk Fri 21 Feb 2014, 1:59 pm

Sale also includes a table, fresh water container, waste water container, electric hook up cable with 4 way adapter and various other bits like dustpan and brush, cutlery tray, grill pan, PVC cleaner, step and door mats.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 21 Feb 2014, 2:49 pm

Bugger,bugger,bugger, bugger. That is or was a really nice top dollar Dandy. (My personal preference of heater over insulation may be known)
    Thing is no one who is paying top dollar for a Dandy will want one with a slash in the roof interior. We have talked in the past about using Tenacious Tape or even PVC patches for this sort of repair but this is a big cut.
    Personally I'd be phoning Ian (Riva) at this point and inquiring if he makes new roofs? Then I'd be looking at my home insurance policy. If it's covered whether I'd then buy a new roof or discount the sale is a different question.
    Try asking Ian about repairs and also Mick Withers he can be quite helpful. Find him at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Dholtuk

Post by Dholtuk Fri 21 Feb 2014, 3:01 pm

Thanks for your reply. I have emailed Ian to see what he thinks and how much it will cost to fix. Hopefully someone will still see the potential and obviously we will now be open to offers.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 21 Feb 2014, 3:16 pm

Dholtuk wrote:Thanks for your reply. I have emailed Ian to see what he thinks and how much it will cost to fix. Hopefully someone will still see the potential and obviously we will now be open to offers.

I'd phone he is not too good with emails. Phone and he's great but some people have sent emails that have never been answered.
    Dholtuk

Post by Dholtuk Fri 21 Feb 2014, 3:18 pm

I've just phoned but unfortunately they shut at 2:30 pm on a Friday so will try tomorrow.
    navver

Post by navver Fri 21 Feb 2014, 9:07 pm

Ian does do patch kits £6.99

Dholtuk

Post by Dholtuk Sat 22 Feb 2014, 8:47 am

Thank you. I think that is probably my best bet and because it's such a clean rip I think it should patch up quite easily. I have it advertised on preloved too at the moment and have already had a lot of interest despite the rip. Fingers crossed x
    Dholtuk

Post by Dholtuk Mon 24 Feb 2014, 1:58 pm

We have now patched the tear with Tenacious Tape and Seam Seal. The updated photos are now available

guysat
    guysat

Post by guysat Mon 24 Feb 2014, 2:08 pm

Dholtuk wrote:We have now patched the tear with Tenacious Tape and Seam Seal. The updated photos are now available

[url//s158.photobucket.com/user/dholtuk/slideshow/]/s158.photobucket.com/user/dholtuk/slideshow/[/url]

Hi
    Just sent you a preloved message asking for pictures this morning, but have just found them here. so no need to email them now
    Where are you located, Im in Polesworth M42 J10  How long have you owned the trailer

Guy
    Dholtuk

Post by Dholtuk Mon 24 Feb 2014, 2:12 pm

Hi we are in Chesterfield, Derbyshire and have only owned the camper for about a year but it was our next door neighbours previously who had had it stored in their garage for a few years and never really used it.
    guysat
    guysat

Post by guysat Mon 24 Feb 2014, 3:48 pm

Dholtuk wrote:Hi we are in Chesterfield, Derbyshire and have only owned the camper for about a year but it was our next door neighbours previously who had had it stored in their garage for a few years and never really used it.

Hi, would it be possible to view this Saturday 1/3/14
    Dholtuk

Post by Dholtuk Mon 24 Feb 2014, 5:24 pm

Hi many thanks for your interest but I think it will be sold by then because I've had so much interest today. I will let you know if it isn't though as Saturday will be fine.
    guysat
    guysat

Post by guysat Mon 24 Feb 2014, 5:51 pm

Dholtuk wrote:Hi many thanks for your interest but I think it will be sold by then because I've had so much interest today. I will let you know if it isn't though as Saturday will be fine.

Thats a great shame, never mind, good luck with sale
    Dholtuk

Post by Dholtuk Mon 24 Feb 2014, 10:52 pm

Now sold  Very Happy 
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 24 Feb 2014, 11:01 pm

Congratulations to you too. Bet friday wasn't one of your best days.
    Dholtuk

Post by Dholtuk Mon 24 Feb 2014, 11:09 pm

I am still so so mad about what happened on Friday. We practically lived in it last summer and I've lost count the number of times we have had it up and down with no issues and the very day you are trying to show it at its best this happens! I was shaking today when we got it out again in case anything else went wrong. Fortunately it didn't! I'm sure the new owner will be more than happy because its still beautiful. Thanks again for all the help and advice.
    PJ

Post by PJ Tue 25 Feb 2014, 9:20 am

Dholtuk wrote:I am still so so mad about what happened on Friday. We practically lived in it last summer and I've lost count the number of times we have had it up and down with no issues and the very day you are trying to show it at its best this happens! I was shaking today when we got it out again in case anything else went wrong. Fortunately it didn't! I'm sure the new owner will be more than happy because its still beautiful. Thanks again for all the help and advice.

I am sure I will! Dandy Dart For Sale 3517506835 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 6:28 am