Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Grunts groans and moans 2014

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Grunts groans and moans 2014 Empty Grunts groans and moans 2014

Post by Helen Wed 21 May 2014, 9:43 pm

Yes it's May and we forgot to start of a new groans thread back in January  affraid 

I'm moaning and want to rant ........... Dogs.

My poochie is pathetically soft and very laid back as the people who've met him will know, you don't even know we have him with us unless you come over and see him lay there. Anyhow to cut a long story short around 3 years ago we were camping ...... yep with the Dandy and at the time to stop kids bothering the dog we just put windbreaks around ..... he is very fluffy and is like a magnet to kids wanting to stroke him which we don't mind but not constantly all weekend whilst the parents are at the other end of the site. Grunts groans and moans 2014 1912976309   Cutting that long story short is a doomed ambition now  What a Face 

Bailey ...... our Shetland sheepdog stuck his head under the windbreak ..... just because he's nosy, he loves to just stick his head and two front paws out whilst his back end remains under the windbreaks ...... and that's how he was when someone's dog bit his neck whilst he was watching the world go by.  He ended up with an infection which needed treating and eventually a small cyst type thing formed which needed treating ....... 18 months ago it needed attention and today the damn thing exploded leaving my poor dog in a right old state ..... he has been admitted whilst they decide what to do next.

So to the stupid people who had their really annoying barking all day long dog on a washing line so long it even went across the site road so the dog stopped anyone walking around that end of the site and then had the cheek to tell me to put my dog on a lead or leave it in a boiling hot Dandy following the attack (his neck was injured Doh!) .......  you're TOTAL MORONS. Your nasty dog went for Bailey several times even when he was going for his walk on a short lead and yours could because you couldn't control it and then you think it's okay to stick your dog on a washing line so you can say it's on a lead ....... no it isn't there are stakes with longer plastic type leads that don't tangle the dogs legs and are fit for purpose available for a few quid. We decided not to use windbreaks to keep the dog out of sight following that Easter weekend and he now lie's quietly just looking at the world go by bothering no one.

and to the other dogs owners ~May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits amongst other places Twisted Evil

deep breath and relax  What a Face
    moorsman

Grunts groans and moans 2014 Empty Re: Grunts groans and moans 2014

Post by moorsman Wed 21 May 2014, 10:27 pm

i know wht you men how nnoying is it when you wlk dog or in our cse 3 dogs ll on leds nd meet some numpty with dog running loose . nd then they sy its lright he just wnts to sy hello . well no its not lright its bloody ignornt .
    ps my keybord is dying
    regrds kev
    moorsman

Post by moorsman Wed 21 May 2014, 10:28 pm

sorry forgot to sy hope the dog gets well soon
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Wed 21 May 2014, 10:57 pm

Sorry to hear that Helen, we both hope Bailey feels better soon.  Grunts groans and moans 2014 1468157981 Grunts groans and moans 2014 1468157981 

moorsman looking at your post  Suspect  we would guess your A is knackered.  Smile
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Wed 21 May 2014, 11:35 pm

affraid 18 mths later OMG that is a hell of an abscess ..plus lucky it burst  Grunts groans and moans 2014 1468157981   POOR Bailey hope you claimed on their insurance also do they have a dog licence ??? I won't take mine on camps. Grunts groans and moans 2014 2024858757  with all of us together the other campers will think the circus is in town   Grunts groans and moans 2014 3462454224  Grunts groans and moans 2014 3462454224
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 22 May 2014, 11:18 am

We didn't think anything more would come of small puncture wounds Caz and although we bathed it we didn't take him to the vet initially until approx 11 days post bite (puncture wounds looked to have healed fine) but it turned out there was quite a bit of infection under the skin that had 'pocketed' lower down his neck and under all that fluff we couldn't see it. That ended up being lanced to drain it and then he got what the vet said was a cyst at the actual bite site that would probably be fine and it would be better to leave it alone. 18 months later it erupted and was aspirated and treated with antibiotics and although it looked a bit nasty as there was a hole it healed fast and the vet said it may never happen again.
    We really should have taken him straight to an emergency vet to have it looked at the minute he was bitten and charged the other people for the visit but we didn't anticipate just what sort of chain reaction could happen.

We went to Fron Farm last year http://www.fronfarmcaravanpark.co.uk/ and he has a notice up that any dog not on a lead will be rounded up and the owner will have to pay a £5 release fee ........ I thought it was a brilliant idea and there were no dogs running riot on that site.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Sat 24 May 2014, 2:23 am

what a traumatic time and bless it must have upset the site owner and thats good

but will say to anyone that comes accross the problem with a dog attack go to the vets asap and get the owners details
    hiccups do happen to nice owners but they would offer straight away it's the ones that Helen has come across harms the rest of us in the end
    so glad Bailey is better  Grunts groans and moans 2014 1468157981 Grunts groans and moans 2014 1468157981 his fur most probably saved him from more damage  Grunts groans and moans 2014 1468157981 Grunts groans and moans 2014 1468157981 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 11:44 am