Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

Replacement legs & bike rack.

Palmydays

Replacement legs & bike rack. Empty Replacement legs & bike rack.

Post by Palmydays Fri 22 Aug 2014, 10:10 pm

Hi,
    I'm new to the Dandy experience, I have owned a few different trailers in the past but always thought the Dandy was one of the best. Now I am the - proud - owner of one myself & the first things I needed to search on were the need for new legs & a bike rack. It seems these issues have been raised before but I don't seem to be able to find any satisfactory results on the forums.
    Does anyone therefore know of a parts supply for the Dandy's, I am hoping I can get some replacement legs as some of mine are well shot. Later I may be needing brake parts to overhaul the braking system. I was also hoping to find a supplier of a bike rack since I will need to carry 4 bikes & this will not be possible any other way with my vehicle (Vauxhall Monterey - Isuzu Trooper rebadged by Vauxhall), perhaps this will be a project for me & may result in some small business venture if other like the results! Smile
    Hope someone can help me with these questions.
    Regards,
    Dave.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Replacement legs & bike rack. Empty Re: Replacement legs & bike rack.

Post by Tow Itch Sat 23 Aug 2014, 2:50 am

Palmydays wrote:Hi,
    I'm new to the Dandy experience, I have owned a few different trailers in the past but always thought the Dandy was one of the best. Now I am the - proud - owner of one myself & the first things I needed to search on were the need for new legs & a bike rack. It seems these issues have been raised before but I don't seem to be able to find any satisfactory results on the forums.
    Does anyone therefore know of a parts supply for the Dandy's, I am hoping I can get some replacement legs as some of mine are well shot. Later I may be needing brake parts to overhaul the braking system. I was also hoping to find a supplier of a bike rack since I will need to carry 4 bikes & this will not be possible any other way with my vehicle (Vauxhall Monterey - Isuzu Trooper rebadged by Vauxhall), perhaps this will be a project for me & may result in some small business venture if other like the results! Smile
    Hope someone can help me with these questions.
    Regards,
    Dave.

Hello and welcome. Congratulations on your purchase and on making your first post.

Simple answer phone [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Ian doesn't list the legs as parts but I'm sure he can supply. Once you have made contact you might choose to say how much they are for our future reference.
    Slightly more complex answer. Given that they may be made as one offs or as part of a small batch I'm not expecting them to be too cheap. Why do you want new legs? Unless they are completely shot try cleaning up with paraffin soaked [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] pad or similar open weave hand scourer. The paraffin helps remove rust and the less abrasive the pad the less of the original electro galvanizing is removed. If the surface is really bad then it's a wire brush on a drill followed by painting or perhaps [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to finish.

Carriers
    If you use the search facility at the top of the page it will help. I think we used the term "Roof Rack" originally so using just "Rack" as the more words you use the more spurious answers you get, we then have [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of which [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is the most complete answer.
    Basically Dandy did run off a few of these but stopped as it was felt like a licence to overload.  

Later I may be needing brake parts to overhaul the braking system.
    Putting my best stern face on!
    Really and certainly legally if you have any brake problems these should get your first attention. There isn't normally much of a need for parts just adjustment.
    Using brakes as a search term [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is probably your best help.

Any questions do ask.
    Palmydays

Replacement legs & bike rack. Empty Thanks.

Post by Palmydays Sat 23 Aug 2014, 9:47 am

Many thanks for the links Tow Itch, some useful stuff there. I will look into contacting the Dandy office when they are back from their holidays & let you know what comes of it. As for the brakes, the unit isn't going anywhere until I have it all sorted out anyway so they can hold on a little while, I'll be taking them apart & cleaning them up first to see what's needed!
    Cheers,
    Dave.

Sponsored content

Replacement legs & bike rack. Empty Re: Replacement legs & bike rack.

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 12:23 pm