Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+4
Krist0n
Phoenix
Tow Itch
Bob&Col
8 posters

Bob and Col saying hello

Bob&Col

Bob and Col saying hello Empty Bob and Col saying hello

Post by Bob&Col Mon 08 Sep 2014, 7:42 pm

Hi everyone
    Having just won an Ebay bid on Sunday we are chuffed to say we have our first Dandy which is a 90's Designer with under floor heating and and an Awning. We go to Shell Island a lot which is a tad on the windy side and the two types of tent that survive the storms the best are the Dandy and Bell Tents. My wife Col loves our Bell Tent but I am a fair bit longer in the tooth than she and fed up of sleeping on the floor and she graciously agreed to the change. We pick her up on Saturday from Wolverhampton.

I have some questions about the heater...who makes it? How efficient is it in terms of gas consumption and heat output? Does it produce a lot of condensation? We live in West Yorkshire so not too far from Riva, less than an hour away, so I will have it serviced as it has not been used for over a year. Also I notice that the last Designers were all winterised, the seller did not advertise it as winterised...do you know if they all were in the 90's

Thank you in anticipation
    Cheers
    Bob & Col
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Bob and Col saying hello Empty Re: Bob and Col saying hello

Post by Tow Itch Mon 08 Sep 2014, 8:11 pm

Bob&Col wrote:Hi everyone
    Having just won an Ebay bid on Sunday we are chuffed to say we have our first Dandy which is a 90's Designer with under floor heating and and an Awning.  We go to Shell Island a lot which is a tad on the windy side and the two types of tent that survive the storms the best are the Dandy and Bell Tents.  My wife Col loves our Bell Tent but I am a fair bit longer in the tooth than she and fed up of sleeping on the floor and she graciously agreed to the change.  We pick her up on Saturday from Wolverhampton.

I have some questions about the heater...who makes it?  How efficient is it in terms of gas consumption and heat output?  Does it produce a lot of condensation?  We live in West Yorkshire so not too far from Riva, less than an hour away, so I will have it serviced as it has not been used for over a year.  Also I notice that the last Designers were all winterised, the seller did not advertise it as winterised...do you know if they all were in the 90's

Thank you in anticipation
    Cheers
    Bob & Col

Heater [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Light blue Dandys were available both insulated and uninsulated.I'd rather have an uninsulated Dandy with a heater than an insulated one without.

Was it this one you won? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Looking at the 4th from, 3rd from and next to last picture I'd say it was insulated on a uninsulated Dandy you would see the walls as blue and white.
    If it is this one do tell us about the awning when you get it erected. It looks to be nonstandard.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Mon 08 Sep 2014, 9:55 pm

Hello and Bob and Col saying hello 936075699 Bob&Col

Bob and Col saying hello 1428739134 on your purchase.

Bet you are looking forward to your first outing. bounce bounce
    Bob&Col

Bob and Col saying hello Empty Thanks for the welcome Tow Itch and Phoenix much appreciated

Post by Bob&Col Tue 09 Sep 2014, 8:43 pm

And thanks for the useful info. Slightly worried about the awning looking non standard...what gives it away Toe Itch? And yes it is that one
    Cheers
    Bob
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 10 Sep 2014, 12:45 am

Bob&Col wrote:And thanks for the useful info.  Slightly worried about the awning looking non standard...what gives it away Toe Itch? And yes it is that one
    Cheers
    Bob

Well it's not a standard PVC awning, look through posts it just isn't.
    Not being a standard awning is a mixed blessing. If I were camping in the midst of winter I'd prefer a standard awning. If deployed with a awning strap they're all but bulletproof. Non standard awnings are often lighter and of greater volume. Dandy awnings are a bit of a lug to erect and the depth of just over 6ft is just not the same as some 8ft plus awnings.

The awning looks well done.
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Wed 10 Sep 2014, 4:11 am

Hi. And welcome to the wonderful world of dandys Smile
    Must admit, I love the look of that awning. 
    Hope all goes well on collection day Smile
    Bob&Col

Bob and Col saying hello Empty Non standard awning

Post by Bob&Col Wed 10 Sep 2014, 7:34 am

Thanks Tow Itch for the knowledge and liking the awning Krist0n, I'll have to keep my patient head on till I can get it pitched and have a play. May take it up the Lakes in a couple of weeks
    Cheers
    Bob
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Thu 11 Sep 2014, 11:56 pm

Hi Bob&Col

Congratulations on your new Dandy and welcome the forum. Looking forward to hear how you get on with it.

The awning looks fantastic. It's very like the lightweight awnings that were sold with some Dandys but not quite the same. It obviously fits very well, so we'll all be fascinated to understand its pedigree.
    navver

Post by navver Fri 12 Sep 2014, 8:08 pm

Hi Bob & Col and welcome. I think I've seen that awning on this forum somewhere. I also think it's an insulated dandy. It looks in super condition, one of the best around.
    Bob&Col

Bob and Col saying hello Empty Picked up last Saturday

Post by Bob&Col Tue 16 Sep 2014, 2:39 pm

Hi All
    Thanks to everyone for the welcomes and supportive comments. We are hoping to take it to Slaiths this weekend to put it up and check it out. Nice couple selling it only had it a year, their toddler did not like it and let them know it!! He said he has taken the electric hook up out of it as he wants to use it in his tent. Can anybody tell me what I need to replace it. Also we have not got a second electric hitch on our tow bar for charging the leisure battery and not too sure if I should as we already charge a leisure battery in our camper van and that may be too much for it to handle? Any suggestions I would be grateful.
    Cheers
    Bob
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 16 Sep 2014, 3:43 pm

You can go with this type and do a fitting job

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Or the easy way

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 16 Sep 2014, 3:48 pm

I did it this way

Bob&Col

Bob and Col saying hello Empty Electrics

Post by Bob&Col Tue 16 Sep 2014, 7:51 pm

Thanks Mike that's great I thought it was more complex than that
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 16 Sep 2014, 10:09 pm

A little late but Bob and Col saying hello 1217042266 Bob and Col saying hello 1217042266 Bob and Col saying hello 1217042266
    Bob&Col

Post by Bob&Col Wed 17 Sep 2014, 6:47 pm

thanks Helen!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 1:20 am