Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

Bed Gas Struts

gazer1

Bed Gas Struts Empty Bed Gas Struts

Post by gazer1 Sun 01 Mar 2015, 9:43 pm

Hi looking for an answer about bed gas struts to fit my designer. I have bought some rover 25 gas struts - I have had a look at some of the different ways of fitting them. I have noticed that the struts have been quoted at 170mm and 330mm from the pivot point. My question is this has any one fitted them differently? I am thinking of fixing them 275mm and 275mm from the pivot point. The thinking behind this is that at full extension it would stretch to 550mm ( max extension 600mm) so still under compression . When beds are open or closed the struts would be compressed to 390mm. Is this too much pressure or this ok? Any help would help me as I do not want to start drilling holes and then find to be in the wrong place regards Gary
    navver

Bed Gas Struts Empty Re: Bed Gas Struts

Post by navver Mon 02 Mar 2015, 12:03 pm

Hi and welcoe to the forum

Have a look at this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    navver

Post by navver Mon 02 Mar 2015, 4:45 pm

The first page gives some very useful info from John
    gazer1

Post by gazer1 Tue 03 Mar 2015, 8:31 am

Thanks for information all help gratefully recieved. Not sure whether the 170 and 380 is taken from the hinge or the edge of the trailer/bed regards gary

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 8:30 am