Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Awning fixing??

warbird01uk
    warbird01uk

Awning fixing?? Empty Awning fixing??

Post by warbird01uk Wed 20 May 2015, 6:00 pm

Hi all, its that time of year again, I think we have just about mastered the erection of our 4/5 however, I'm looking to add a bit in front of the door to make a bit of an awning, would some kind person tell me how an awning would marry up to the main frame of the roof to give a water/wind proof seal? Sides I can work out up to a point. Awning fixing?? 115684958
    navver

Awning fixing?? Empty Re: Awning fixing??

Post by navver Wed 20 May 2015, 8:19 pm

This is the normal awning pole which hooks onto the dandy. It hooks into the same saddle inside the dandy as the roof bars do.

You can see the awning roof will be a few inches lower than the dandy roof and it will pass under the roof to the inside of th camper where it has some strings to tie it to thee roof bars etc. The roof rope is then pulled tight and pulls the roof down over the awning roof. this makes a very weatherproof seal as any rain on the awning roof blown towards the dandy will have to go up to get under the roof.

The awning sides at thee end bungee onto the bed boards like the batwings do.
    The sides walls extend round to cover the space under the beds with a short vertical pole bungeed to the trailer cover buttons.

You can use a motorhome drive away awning such as the Movelite by either throwing the connection tunnel over the dandy roof for speed or pass it under the roof and tie off inside as above.

Hope that explains it clearly enough.
    urbtaf
    urbtaf

Post by urbtaf Wed 20 May 2015, 10:12 pm

Fixed our porch awning by using a plastic figure of 8 awning rail, It fits tight over the bead in the roof pvc, and stays attached to that. then the awning bead just slides into the other half of the 8 as it would on a camper. Pull the roof tightning string and the awning rail is below the roof line so does not leak.
    navver

Post by navver Wed 20 May 2015, 10:54 pm

Sorry forgot to put in the link for the awning pole end picky.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    warbird01uk
    warbird01uk

Post by warbird01uk Fri 22 May 2015, 7:07 am

Thanks for the info, I will look to see what spare poles I have laying about to make up something simple. I'll get a local firm (Kingswood Canvas) to make something up out of vinyl. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 1:48 pm