Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Herbert the Dandy Alternative

navver

Herbert the Dandy Alternative Empty Herbert the Dandy Alternative

Post by navver Mon 27 Jul 2015, 12:10 am

This looks an interesting buy for someone. Only one ever made. looks like PVC roof as a dandy but solid sides. Even has a toilet compartment!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    rabbitlover
    rabbitlover

Herbert the Dandy Alternative Empty Re: Herbert the Dandy Alternative

Post by rabbitlover Mon 27 Jul 2015, 8:41 pm

It does look like a fabulous camper, too big for us and I wouldn't want to make the beds every day but definitely a character.
    Judith
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Mon 27 Jul 2015, 10:53 pm

That's certainly a unique piece of history.

There's an old thread about it on another forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I wonder how high the bidding will go.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 28 Jul 2015, 11:40 am

Very interesting and whether it is unique or not I've certainly never seen one.
    It reminded me a bit of the Chateau Mobile camper but even the Chateau Mobile extends sideways.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'd love to see how the van extends lengthways.
    Considering that the person selling this is involved with the Small Motorhome And Friends Forum his idea of history is a little faulted. He says that this experimental Everyman was designed in 1962 as their response to the Dandy. The only thing is the Dandy as first launched at the 1965 Belle View Camping and Caravan Exhibition. See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As for having more space it is 10' by 6' 5" folded, extending to 12' by 6' 5" erect. I'd say the smallest Dandys 6' 6" by 4' extending to 6' 6" by 12' still has it beat for size and certainly beat for useable space. His child or children could be sharing their own bed in a Dandy.

Link to a piece on the later Everymans that did expand sideways. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 11:52 am