Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Our Dandy Delta

stu.gtx

Our Dandy Delta Empty Our Dandy Delta

Post by stu.gtx Mon 06 Jun 2016, 3:35 pm

Hi,

This is our Dandy, family owed from new and kept in a dry garage most of it's life.  This was a step up for us after camping in various tents over the years.  Surprisingly warm (especially with an oil-filled radiator) and so easy to tow with pretty much any car due to it's low weight.  I did look into getting an original awning but decided a retro canvas one would be easier to erect and store.  It has been modified to fit but and it's perfect for us.  I was considering getting an air-beam tent but my wife said she wouldn't go back to sleeping on the floor!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Our Dandy Delta Empty Re: Our Dandy Delta

Post by peridot Mon 06 Jun 2016, 11:49 pm

That looks amazingly well kept stu ...

... and the awning is a great match.

Where is the site in the first picture?
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 07 Jun 2016, 3:19 am

One of the questions I've never found the answer to "Why do Deltas end up with right hand side stoves when Darts and Designers/Discoveries have LHS stoves?"

Any ideas?
    stu.gtx

Post by stu.gtx Tue 07 Jun 2016, 9:26 am

peridot wrote:That looks amazingly well kept stu ...

... and the awning is a great match.

Where is the site in the first picture?

Thanks, I got that one as it's a bit retro looking and the roof pitch matches well.

It's a place called Shepherd's View near Seascale. We were there last week. Nice site, could probably do with a bigger toilet/shower block for the size of the site. Nicely placed for day trips around South Lakes area though.
    stu.gtx

Post by stu.gtx Tue 07 Jun 2016, 9:27 am

Tow Itch wrote:One of the questions I've never found the answer to "Why do Deltas end up with right hand side stoves when Darts and Designers/Discoveries have LHS stoves?"

Any ideas?

I'd never even noticed that. We tend to use a camping stove in the awning or outside when we cook and just used the cupboards underneath for storage.
    navver

Post by navver Tue 07 Jun 2016, 7:52 pm

Tow Itch wrote:One of the questions I've never found the answer to "Why do Deltas end up with right hand side stoves when Darts and Designers/Discoveries have LHS stoves?"

Any ideas?

I reckon it's because the Delta has a bench (is it really a bed) which would be right in front of the stove if it were left hand. Doesn't matter if it's in front of the drainer for dart and designer.

More importantly why are dart and designer not the same. Left hand drainer is much more user friendly for the washer up whoever he may be.
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Tue 07 Jun 2016, 10:20 pm

stu.gtx wrote:
    It's a place called Shepherd's View near Seascale.  We were there last week.  Nice site, could probably do with a bigger toilet/shower block for the size of the site.  Nicely placed for day trips around South Lakes area though.

Looks nice. We plan to get up that way some weekend so I've bookmarked their page.

navver wrote:
    I reckon it's because the Delta has a bench (is it really a bed) which would be right in front of the stove if it were left hand. Doesn't matter if it's in front of the drainer for dart and designer.

More importantly why are dart and designer not the same. Left hand drainer is much more user friendly for the washer up whoever he may be.

Laughing

I can see the logic for the smaller units and am also puzzled why the larger ones aren't the same. With the single seat on the left hand side of the Designer for example I would have thought it safer to have the cooker on the right.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 07 Jun 2016, 11:28 pm

Well I don't know if I should feel somewhat mentally challenged for not realising that the bench would get in the way of the cook or if I can just pass it off as probably only noticed by someone who uses a Delta.
    Yes navver perhaps they all should have RHS stoves as passing the dishes for draining to the right is more natural for right handed people.

Oh yes Stu forgot to mention a lovely looking combo. It's always the perennial question about the benefit of the exact fitment of the PVC awning against the ease of erecting a normal awning whose lofting doesn't require quite the same effort as PVC. Whatever works for you it does look lovely.
    kadders

Post by kadders Mon 04 Jul 2016, 8:39 pm

Nice looking awning Stu

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 10:26 pm