Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

draught excluder bed base

ravey

draught excluder bed base Empty draught excluder bed base

Post by ravey Sun 16 Apr 2017, 12:07 am

hi everyone i have just replaced my bed base,s with a 6mm sheet and in the process of removing the rivets i came across the bed cushion non slip wall support.and underneath that was a draught excluder/support?this also stops the be bed base banging against the trailer when folded out.you can see it on the bed base before you fold it out.it looks about 3/4 of an inch thick.anyone know where can i get some from,cheers dave Very Happy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

draught excluder bed base Empty Re: draught excluder bed base

Post by Tow Itch Thu 20 Apr 2017, 1:05 am

ravey wrote:hi everyone i have just replaced my bed base,s with a 6mm sheet and in the process of removing the rivets i came across the bed cushion non slip wall support.and underneath that was a draught excluder/support?this also stops the be bed base banging against the trailer when folded out.you can see it on the bed base before you fold it out.it looks about 3/4 of an inch thick.anyone know where can i get some from,cheers dave Very Happy

I'm not quite certain what you mean.
    The later models of Designer hinge the beds differently to the early Designers (& Discoverys, Delta, Dart & anything numbered 6, 5, 41/2 and 4)
    The early Dandys are hinged at the bottom of the bed when closed which became near the top of the bed when open. There is an (inadequately) upholstered section at the top of the Dandy tub that becomes the interior edge of the bed.
    The later Dandys (some point post 1992 but just before acrylic windows) have the bed hinge at the ends of the tub, not along the outside. This hinge point is higher and the interior side of the bed rotates about the point. There is no hard lump on the interior side of the bed.

Not sure what type of bed you're referring to. If it's the earlier type I've never noticed the feature you're mentioning. If it's the later type I'm not really au fait with these.

If I've missed the point completely. (I do at times) a photo might help. See: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    ravey

Post by ravey Fri 21 Apr 2017, 7:54 am

its the rubber strip you can see running along the bed base on the outside.you can see it before you turn the base over.anyway i have got some now20mm x 15mm self adhesive rubber foam,thanks anyway,cheers dave

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 11:51 am