Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Post by Eilis on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 9:13 pm

that looks like a very tidy 6, some lovely stuff up for sale just now
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Post by vickoir on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 9:18 pm

good luck shaun is there anyone that lives close that could have a quick check for you if its near me i dont mind looking cheers

oops just checked the add bristol too far for me lol, however nick and i did drive from sunderland to bedfordshire just to look at our designer when we upgraded and then went back the next week to buy it
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 9:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

what about this cheeky green number with awning
ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 9:26 pm

vickoir wrote:

Have been watching that....but green?
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 9:28 pm

i do like those older green models Smile
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 9:28 pm

The Green are classics and they do look pretty smart in the flesh. Laughing
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 9:30 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:
vickoir wrote:

is green to girly for you Shaun 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 9 3462454224
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 9:30 pm

Shaun

Sorry just my cynical nature. Go for it. The faults listed are pennys and ha'pennys. just check it over.
If it's a long way ask the hard questions on the phone. It's no point going 200 miles to find out the floor is soggy or the suspensions ragged.
Actually a good body and PVC on ragged suspension would still be OK for £180.
Check through the lists for the questions to ask, best of luck.

Kevin.

I asked the hard questions drove from Manchester to Weston Super Mare and the bastards had lied to me.
In case of a repeat performance take bottle of petrol with you.
I'm not jaundiced honest.(ahem)

ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 9:32 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Shaun

Sorry just my cynical nature. Go for it. The faults listed are pennys and ha'pennys. just check it over.
If it's a long way ask the hard questions on the phone. It's no point going 200 miles to find out the floor is soggy or the suspensions ragged.
Actually a good body and PVC on ragged suspension would still be OK for £180.
Check through the lists for the questions to ask, best of luck.

Kevin.

I asked the hard questions drove from Manchester to Weston Super Mare and the bastards had lied to me.
In case of a repeat performance take bottle of petrol with you.
I'm not jaundiced honest.(ahem)

Its quite harsh to pour petrol over and set it alight if they are lying surely? or is that not what the petrol is for?
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 9:35 pm

i love the green ones shaun a few of members on here have them they all look really smart and it only at 87 quid at mo so could be a bargin in the making as it comes with awning too but i must admit i love green anyhow alien
but you have to be convinced not me lol!
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 9:47 pm

The Green has a non genuine kitchen.
Have they painted the sides or is it covered in god knows what.
If the sides are painted why? It was originally phenolic coated ply if painted over it's probably got filler as well.
Though if you're handy the proper stuff is available (and NO ONE would (could) get picky over Phoenix's standard plywood job)
All depends what price it goes to.
The green is a 5 so more space without the awning. The awning is smaller but easier to put up.
The brown is a fixed price and the awning is larger as its a post bat wing brown. (Browns started off like Greens and Oranges then went to full width awnings)

Kevin.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 10:03 pm

Tow Itch wrote: The Green has a non genuine kitchen.
Have they painted the sides or is it covered in god knows what.
If the sides are painted why? It was originally phenolic coated ply if painted over it's probably got filler as well.
Though if you're handy the proper stuff is available (and NO ONE would (could) get picky over Phoenix's standard plywood job)
All depends what price it goes to.
The green is a 5 so more space without the awning. The awning is smaller but easier to put up.
The brown is a fixed price and the awning is larger as its a post bat wing brown. (Browns started off like Greens and Oranges then went to full width awnings)

Kevin.

Thank you Kevin,

We did think long and hard about it, but are pleased with what we've got.
Hopefully you will see her in the flesh one day!

Shaun,

The green ones are good, retro ask Cazz.

ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 10:07 pm

I have had a reply from the one on gumtree, getting excite now but wanna keep composed, I easily ripped off, lol

Have asked about condition, seller wants a quick sale, can I ask that anyone who can offer good advice add me on msn?

my username @ ntlworld dot com
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 10:16 pm

good luck fingers crossed for you pm mike he'll be in bed now but he is close to you and am sure he'll give you some tips as to what to look for
ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 10:18 pm

vickoir wrote:good luck fingers crossed for you pm mike he'll be in bed now but he is close to you and am sure he'll give you some tips as to what to look for

I have had some great advice from mike, my biggest problem atm is the dandy is in Bristol, 4 hours away and I have no towbar yet. Looking forward to a challange, lol

Maybe I will make it to the xmas meet, lol
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 10:21 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:
vickoir wrote:good luck fingers crossed for you pm mike he'll be in bed now but he is close to you and am sure he'll give you some tips as to what to look for

I have had some great advice from mike, my biggest problem atm is the dandy is in Bristol, 4 hours away and I have no towbar yet. Looking forward to a challange, lol

well you and yours would be most welcome santa at xmas meet santa
when would you be thinking of going to bristol? and i'm sure you can borrow a car with a towbar if you can't get it fitted in time lol!
ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 10:23 pm

vickoir wrote:
ShaunJUK wrote:

when would you be thinking of going to bristol? and i'm sure you can borrow a car with a towbar if you can't get it fitted in time lol!

Well if its going to happen then this week.
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 10:26 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:
vickoir wrote:
ShaunJUK wrote:

Well if its going to happen then this week.

oh i'm all excited for you good luck again and hope its the one
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 10:26 pm

Shaun

Msn ????? Technophobe. PM me I'll send my email address & phone no.
Sort summat out.

Kevin.
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 10:29 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:

What's wrong with the green one? 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 9 3462454224 To be honest when I first saw pics of the green ones, I wasn't sure, but in the flesh they are much better. There is quite a few pics of mine in the various sections.

Good luck with the brown bargain one. 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 9 3498837457
ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 10:31 pm

cazz wrote:
ShaunJUK wrote:

What's wrong with the green one? 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 9 3462454224 To be honest when I first saw pics of the green ones, I wasn't sure, but in the flesh they are much better. There is quite a few pics of mine in the various sections.

Good luck with the brown bargain one. 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 9 3498837457

I will wave on my way past lol
ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 10:36 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Shaun

Msn ????? Technophobe. PM me I'll send my email address & phone no.
Sort summat out.

Kevin.

Im a telephone a phobe, lol

I have asked about general condition, tyres, brakes, chassis, bed boards.

Not expecting much for 180
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 10:50 pm

Why? if it's not much then your probably into £250 plus inc fuel.
It's not worth buying tat a few pounds more for the best you can afford is always good, problems are always expensive.
Price however is no indication of quality.
I think Cazz was very pleased with her purchase and people have paid a lot more for rubbish.
I missed that the sides were breaking up on mine.
Be prepared to be pleasantly surprised.

Kevin.
ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 10:52 pm

Tow Itch wrote:

It's not worth buying tat a few pounds more for the best you can afford is always good, problems are always expensive.
I think Cazz was very pleased with her purchase and people have paid a lot more for rubbish.

Kevin.

Although I have read all your great comments on here I have never even seen a dandy so not really sure what to look for. It is however a learning curve, just wish someone lived near Bristol.
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 11:16 pm

Tow Itch wrote:

Kevin.

Kevin, You read my mind. If we were still looking for one, we would be arranging a viewing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 15 Sep 2019, 7:59 pm