Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+21
back_to_the_boats
jase
Claire
tartanterror
Phoenix
ShaunJUK
Caz1960
discovery
bilbo
Ali
Kimmie
carl
Cazz
Tow Itch
Lol and Steve
Eilis
vickoir
The Admiral
Nick
mike
Helen
25 posters

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Post by Helen Thu 07 Jul 2011, 8:40 pm

1996 Dandy Delta with sun canopy and propex heater

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Post by Tow Itch Fri 08 Jul 2011, 9:26 am

Dear All

Read the Q & A's to this last one and look at the pics. The phrase about it being so warm that the previous owner fitted letterbox type vents to the top of the doors. Now either this is a common mod or this was up for sale within the last few months. I remember someone Mike? commenting on the vents.

Sorry this is just plain cruel, but you have to let people know they still appear.

Kevin.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 08 Jul 2011, 1:53 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Dear All

Read the Q & A's to this last one and look at the pics. The phrase about it being so warm that the previous owner fitted letterbox type vents to the top of the doors. Now either this is a common mod or this was up for sale within the last few months. I remember someone Mike? commenting on the vents.

Sorry this is just plain cruel, but you have to let people know they still appear.

Kevin.

Looks familiar as Kevin says,nothing wrong in that though,we had a fully insulated delta and getting too warm was never a problem,in very hot weather it was always cooler in the dandy,so cant see any point in extra vents and in fact with an insulated one i wouldn't want them in the winter cold air coming in would cause condensation,i found the way to do it in the winter with an insulated one is close everything up and turn the heat up lol! then sit there in your T shirt.

mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 08 Jul 2011, 3:05 pm

If they are letterbox type vents I could imagine them getting a bit annoying in windy weather, we don't need extra ventilation in ours either the kitchen window doe's the job.
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Fri 08 Jul 2011, 6:26 pm

Late Dark Blue Designer [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it doesn't have an awning from what i can see
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Mon 11 Jul 2011, 7:30 pm

very early blue and green dandy

Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Mon 11 Jul 2011, 9:29 pm

Rare White Dandy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

or maybe not so rare?

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:10 pm

Eilis wrote:very early blue and green dandy

That looks like another canvass foof
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:11 pm

i tried to see if i could tell but not 100% sure if it's canvas or pvc as some of the pics do look like either
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:42 pm

mike wrote:

i really hope it hasn't got a canvas 'foof' that would be awkward to explain Laughing
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:47 pm

vickoir wrote:
    mike wrote:

i really hope it hasn't got a canvas 'foof' that would be awkward to explain Laughing

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 2 3208163979
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 12 Jul 2011, 5:07 pm

Dandy 6 £325 will need some work but what a buy.

Another 6 £995 but loads of pictures

And another 6

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 14 Jul 2011, 8:05 am

Brown Dandy with full awning
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 14 Jul 2011, 12:17 pm

Helen

Cracking spot, not posted in with the Dandies.

Because I'm idle and this will become the largest thread can we get it to list in reverse order? Newest first!

Dear All

Phoned about this. The "Infamous" previous seller had outlined the windows in black tape. She had replaced this in light brown.
    She doesn't know why the previous owner did this she has never had any leak problems!

Go on tell me Mike I'm too picky I expect too much of people.

Kevin.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 14 Jul 2011, 12:23 pm

I like how the outlined windows look and remember it has a full awning so this would cover and protect the front windows. Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 14 Jul 2011, 12:27 pm

This late 70's early 80's looks to be good, it has been described very well by the seller who has had it several years
    with awning
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 14 Jul 2011, 2:53 pm

Go on tell me Mike I'm too picky I expect too much of people.

Kevin.

Would i say that Kevin ? Very Happy
    Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve Fri 15 Jul 2011, 12:20 am

Hi all,

Yes i thought that one looked good but its title is a 5 berth, then in the description it says it is a delta, so not a 5 berth, more like a bit bigger 4 berth.

I know the delta bench seat is bigger than the dart bench set, but it isn't much bigger, a lot of people describe them as a childs bed, but i wouldn't put a child on it to sleep, not unless you didn't mind them falling off several times during the night.

The camper does look nice though with the new covers, but if you are looking for a 5 berth this isn't for you.

What do you think Mike cos you have had a delta?

lol!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 15 Jul 2011, 8:01 am

I wouldn't put a child on a Delta bench seat, they are far too narrow. I think the Dandy Discovery bench or Designer bed made from the seats and table are far more suitable as they are wider. I would always say go for more space than you need, even with tents we always said a 5 berth was more like a 3. It may be possible to fit 5 people into our designer but I wouldn't like to try it as there would be no privacy and it would be very cramped. rabbit
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Fri 15 Jul 2011, 3:04 pm

looks a good but for someone though pirat
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Fri 15 Jul 2011, 8:37 pm

this is a nice brown dandy designer fully winterised with the later 90s kitchen and double glazing [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 16 Jul 2011, 6:27 pm

Have you seen this funky 6 for sale with retro curtains a flowers on the outside, it says designer but is a 6 Very Happy

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 16 Jul 2011, 6:39 pm

helen wrote:Have you seen this funky 6 for sale with retro curtains a flowers on the outside, it says designer but is a 6 Very Happy

hash=item1c1d49d5b2#

Couple of points what does he mean

WE HAVE REPLACED THE PLY SIDES WITH P. V. C . ONES EASY TO WIPE IF YOU GOT KIDS .

Also the inner bed walls are white is it something they have added or is it insulated ? if so it could be a real bargain.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 16 Jul 2011, 7:59 pm

Just taken another closer look Mike and it does look insulated (if interested ask don't take my word for it) and the end bed panels do look like white pvc, its nice and bright.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 17 Jul 2011, 6:35 am

NickB wrote:this is a nice brown dandy designer fully winterised with the later 90s kitchen and double glazing [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just had a look at this why a brown roof,and i would have expected more detail in the answers ! white roofs where to keep them cool i thought

Q: Hi, I am very interested in your dandy camper but i have just noticed that the outside of the roof is Brown but the inside is white. Is the outside made of pvc or has it been covered with something as i have never seen a brown roof before. Thanks, Mrs LB. 16-Jul-11

A: Yes, that's right.

Q: Hi Does the camper have an awning and would I be able to view the it? 16-Jul-11
    A: No there is no awning. The camper is as seen in the photos.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 9:46 am