Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
Eilis
vickoir
mike
7 posters

Tow hitch has gone and done it

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Tow hitch has gone and done it Empty Tow hitch has gone and done it

Post by mike Thu 01 Dec 2011, 4:30 pm

Just had a text from kevin the little devil has bought a designer and is on his way home now,he ask me to post the pictures from his phone

mike

Last edited by mike on Thu 01 Dec 2011, 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Tow hitch has gone and done it Empty Re: Tow hitch has gone and done it

Post by mike Thu 01 Dec 2011, 5:19 pm

Flippin heck you made me think about that one i sent it to one of my email addresses so here we go

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks nice and is that an awning i see

mike
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Thu 01 Dec 2011, 6:09 pm

twit twoo mr itch very nice indeed does that mean the sexy green numbers on the market????
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Thu 01 Dec 2011, 7:50 pm

very nice Smile congratulations
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Thu 01 Dec 2011, 9:31 pm

Well done that man. Glad you got what you wanted. Tow hitch has gone and done it 3517506835 Tow hitch has gone and done it 2792229418
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 02 Dec 2011, 12:53 am

Thanks Mike.

You posted.

mike wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]may be interesting depends what it actually is,advert states fully winterised

Well as illustrated by the photos above.
    It isn't from 1981.
    It is an early 90's Designer not found year stamp but with glass windows not Acrylic.
    It is winterised with a heater.

Bad bits: It needs new bungies. (pennies and ha'pennys)
    No stroke iffy electrics.
    The mice have been at it since last use made a bit of a feast of the curtains nowt else.
    Needs a bit of a wipe over.

Unsure bits.
    What are the two short poles pictured near the door with stoppers on both ends?
    Not completely unfolded the awning, is all the round the base shield attached to the awning on later Dandies? i.e. on the Green Un it's completely separate.

Good bits.
    If that awning has been used more than 10 times I'd be amazed. Possibly never used.
    Two spare corner brackets for awning frame.
    Price £500
    Alright fuel and bits have cost say £90.00 today.
    Also I've spent time and money looking at various Dandys. Remember my happy trip to Weston Super Mare and my love of ebay.
    Still reckon I'm quids in on this.

Kevin.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 02 Dec 2011, 4:33 am

Sounds like a bargain,think the two poles will be for the awning they go into the ends of the pieces that cover the bed ends,then a piece of bungee pulls them taught.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 02 Dec 2011, 8:30 am

mike wrote:Sounds like a bargain,think the two poles will be for the awning they go into the ends of the pieces that cover the bed ends,then a piece of bungee pulls them taught.

they go into the ends of the pieces that cover the bed ends,then a piece of bungee pulls them taught

???????????????????

Invitations are cordially offered for the Christmas meet "Help Kevin erect The Awning Party" RSVP.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 02 Dec 2011, 12:29 pm

This is of a 6 but its the same on the designer you can see a pole in the piece i was talking about,they do make a better seal than the picture shows

Couldn't read the last bit something about we could all sod off you want to do the awning on your own lol!
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 02 Dec 2011, 10:03 pm

Tow hitch has gone and done it 1428739134 You must be so pleased.

Those pole things are completely different to ours also, our ground sheet and around the door draft flap are all in one, and it press studs the whole way around the edge of the awning, it had Velcro around the door.

An awning party, that's not an everyday event. lol!
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 02 Dec 2011, 11:05 pm

The vendors were really helpful and obliging in going through things.
    I'd generally give the I haven't used X, Y and Z with suspicion, but not in this case. If the awning had been used it was a good while ago.
    I looked for the across the base of the door and beds as per an older Dandy. What I realised was that the awning came round to cover the bed areas. Now is the Designer like Mikes 6 and the under door piece is separate or is it attached to one of these sides that fold in?
    I gather I'll need to open the Dandy up again pre Christmas and could look then. I'd just like to set my stall out as soon as possible.

Quote Mike
    Flippin heck you made me think about that one i sent it to one of my email addresses so here we go
    ??????????

Just seen Cazz's piece on the door flap / groundsheet arrangement on her Green one. It's different than mine, my groundsheet is separate and no press studs on base of awning to attach a previous groundsheet to.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 03 Dec 2011, 5:07 am

Kevin the under door piece is separate and if i remember correctly it velcros into plaice,so worth checking that the fixings are ok,the original 6 one used velcro but i fitted a piece of caravan awning channel and use a caravan draught skirt.

Quote Mike

??????????

I meant i couldn't work out how to get them posted from my phone so i attached them to an email and sent them to myself.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 03 Dec 2011, 6:41 am

Dont know if its the same with the designer perhaps a current owner could answer but on the delta one of the awning front roof cross poles is longer than the other,with the delta it was long to the left as you face the dandy.

mike
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:24 am

mike wrote:I meant i couldn't work out how to get them posted from my phone so i attached them to an email and sent them to myself.

I know, lol! if needed I can show you at Christmas.

I'm thinking your phone is the htc wildfire, if so, you do it the same as you would on the computer. santa
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:58 am

Hi Kevin and Congratulations, you found a real bargain cheers

The two poles can be seen in this picture - sort of as they are inside the sleeves, the longer one is for the left hand side (bed side as you look from the front) the 'skirt' velcro's on as can be seen in this picture. I also use strong magnets to secure it to the legs just as an added extra.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 03 Dec 2011, 10:12 am

I know, lol! if needed I can show you at Christmas.

I look forward to that Very Happy

Its the wilfire s but i dont normally log on with it as you know you can loose your new post notification that way,mind you the other reason i never logged on was that i find it fiddly typing on the phone but its easy with my £1 stylus Very Happy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 03 Dec 2011, 10:24 am

mike wrote:Dont know if its the same with the designer perhaps a current owner could answer but on the delta one of the awning front roof cross poles is longer than the other,with the delta it was long to the left as you face the dandy.

mike

Thanks Mike

Though getting worn out and losing the will to live before trying to erect the PVC onto the awning. I had at least assembled the frame. Hence my query about the two odd poles. Therefore I have sorted out the fact that the awning is asymmetrical.

Reading the instructions (after the event = male) and it doesn't make the skirt too clear but does mention it.

Yet some odd other lines: Fit groundsheet if required. Discovery / Designer "(70'')" "(631/2'')" {Me the 3 in 63 could be a 3 or a 5}
    The oddest way I've ever seen measurements denoted and I presume the dimensions are those from the old narrow awning 5's?

Referring to dismantling I'd never noted the line before: (referring to the LHS bed) "Lift the other bed by pulling on the roof, ensuring you clear the roof of the way of the bed

Helen

Thank you as always a picture is worth a thousand words, or 150,000 if I'm writing them.

You will be consulted soon re the replacement of curtains. N.B. I wrote down the dimensions at the time. Far too efficient. I've now copied them down onto the printed instructions rather than losing the scrap of paper. Not me at all.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 03 Dec 2011, 10:34 am

Referring to dismantling I'd never noted the line before: (referring to the LHS bed) "Lift the other bed by pulling on the roof, ensuring you clear the roof of the way of the bed

Have seen this done once and that was enough for me,no way do i want that amount of bed dropping in an uncontrolled manner onto the dandy affraid ,factory recommendations or not,that's why i have never posted it as an option
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 03 Dec 2011, 10:48 am

Preaching to the converted.
    I could understand it with two people, one supporting the bed, then it stops the roof getting caught by the bed.
    Almost as good if not better would be if your "assistant" wasn't too kinetic. Just get them to rest at the door end leaning against the Dandy with their hands over the edge.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 04 Dec 2011, 5:01 pm

We tried it once and never again, you can pull the roof and the bed lifts but someone has to catch it fast before it falls and that is some weight to try and grab whilst it is in motion. Shocked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 8:59 pm