Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Helen
Krist0n
6 posters

single or double electrics

Krist0n
    Krist0n

single or double electrics Empty single or double electrics

Post by Krist0n Thu 05 Jan 2012, 5:46 pm

We are looking at a Dandy Destiny on Sunday, with the inbuilt fridge.
    We need to get a towbar fitted. Do we go for the single or double electrics?
    Also, does anyone have a towbar fitted in between reversing sensors. I've been told that it's possible to do, but if it does interfere, then tough. They sell a detatchable one, but this comes in at an extra £100.
    Thanks.
    Kriston
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

single or double electrics Empty Re: single or double electrics

Post by Helen Thu 05 Jan 2012, 6:04 pm

For the small difference in price we went for double electrics, you never know what were going to buy in the future Laughing
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 05 Jan 2012, 6:22 pm

Would agree with helen on this,though you may find its not worth opening the dandy at home before you go away just to fill the fridge,it would top your 12 volt system up,i didn't bother but my dandy has no fridge and i dont use the 12 volt in it.

After making the above statement i just wondered if you can access the fridge whilst folded on these models through the bottom half of the door?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 05 Jan 2012, 6:26 pm

Even if you can't access at least your fridge would be cold on arrival, I can't remember if it is possible to access the fridge or not even though I know someone once said:scratch:
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:54 pm

I think I remember Ian at Riva saying you COULD get to the fridge. It works out at £40 more to have double electric. But if I need to get the deatatchable tow bar aswell, that's an extra of £140. Plus I need to get an awning, a hitch lock, a wheel clamp. single or double electrics 143088812

Has anyone had a detatchable towbar fitted? Or anyone with reversing sensors?
    bgarston
    bgarston

Post by bgarston Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:48 pm

k.zissler wrote:We are looking at a Dandy Destiny on Sunday, with the inbuilt fridge.
    We need to get a towbar fitted. Do we go for the single or double electrics?
    Also, does anyone have a towbar fitted in between reversing sensors. I've been told that it's possible to do, but if it does interfere, then tough. They sell a detatchable one, but this comes in at an extra £100.
    Thanks.
    Kriston

Hi Kriston,

Double electrics are good if you have a fridge in the trailer and you need to keep things cool when travelling. Whilst the back of the car is in bits it would be worth you getting the 2nd socket fitted at the same time even for a small extra charge.

Re reversing sensors. Our 307 is fitted with standard Peugeot sensors but the tow hitch does not interfear with them when solo.... .....on the other hand when towing I can manually switch the parking sensors off via the car radio as the drawbar of the Dandy is picked up when reversing, stopping me hearing Mrs G's directions! (I do however need to remember to switch them back on after unhitching. If I had opted for a genuine Peugeot towbar wiring loom the sensors would have automatically switched on/off when hitching/unhitching our Dandy.

Hope this helps? Ben Very Happy
    bgarston
    bgarston

Post by bgarston Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:55 pm

Forgot to say our tow bar is fixed, ie there all the time. For the sake of £100 I'd find a piece of scaffold bar and place it behind your car roughly where a tow bar would go to see if a fixed ball would make your parking sensors play up. Just a thought, let us know if you try this.

Ben single or double electrics 2618919104

Last edited by bgarston on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:23 pm

Thanks for the replies. I will try the scaffold bar thing before I make my decision.

I think I WILL go for the double electrics after reading lots about it. I have read somewhere that I need to also get a splitter or something to stop all the power draining from my car battery. I will have to discuss it with the towbar fitter I think.

I've been qouted from one guy £160, but I didn't know about single or double electrics at that point, and he didn't mention it. This guy was trying to sell me the detatchable one for £275.(again, not sure if this is single or double electrics).
    Another guy said it would probably be ok to fit a standard one, and he would be able to tell me, just by looking at the setup of the sensors. He qouted £230 for double electrics I think.

My goodness, so many decisions. Why can't life be slightly simpler.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:18 pm

Top idea about the scaffold tube.
    Possibly sensible variation in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Opinions from 12S users?

As for the the charging relay your tow bar fitter will sort that but a self sensing one costs under £20. I've featured [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] before. It uses the same url for all pages (don't know how) so you have to go to "Towing and Hitch Accessories" then "Self-Switching Combi Master".
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Sat 07 Jan 2012, 12:45 am

when we buy our next towcar which will be soon we will get the new 12s and then by a splitter,we will also look at getting a split relay and leisure battery in the car so we can sometime cope with out EHU.
    Its worth getting twin electrics or 12s then you can power the fridge and also charge leisure battery if you have one.
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Sat 07 Jan 2012, 5:06 am

so many things to think about/consider.
    When did camping get so complicated? lol.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 07 Jan 2012, 10:24 am

Once your all sorted with your Dandy camping will become so much simpler lol! no more blowing up the beds amongst all of the other things you don't have to sort out because they are in the Dandy, no more drying the tent out when you get home single or double electrics 2792229418
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:38 pm

When you remind me of that Helen, you remind me of how worth while this all is lol.
    Thanks for your advice everyone.
    I have solved my Towbar problem. I found some instructions for my reersing sensors, and found there are 4 different settings for external bits such as spare wheels(4x4), towbars, etc. (what the etc may be is beyond me?!) So I will be going for the swan neck with double electrics, but electrics put under the bumper.
    Thanks again for all your help on this matter.
    Kriston

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 3:17 am