Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

How much is a dandy worth

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

How much is a dandy worth Empty How much is a dandy worth

Post by mike on Sun 12 Feb 2012, 7:45 am

I raise this question not meaning any individual dandy but in general ,if you have bought a late one then these thoughts may not apply but if you paid under £1000 they may,we bought ours two years ago for £750 have been away 18 times in that time that consists of 7 full weeks and 11 long weekends, what would that have cost if we didn't camp,i know the same applies to any camping unit not just dandys but when you break it down camping can still be cheap if i sold mine affraid at the right time of year i would get more than i paid cant be bad.
The other thought i always have is it doesn't matter if you pay top dollar for a unit so long as you keep it two or three years use it often then take the cost of your camping into consideration against alternative holidays set this against the price you sell for and you may find your not losing as much as it seams,if any thing in real terms.

All this goes out of the window if you use the Haven type sites at peak times but that's an individuals choice all we need on a site is peace and quiet,toilet,shower and electric and that type of site still doesn't need to cost a fortune.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

How much is a dandy worth Empty Re: How much is a dandy worth

Post by Helen on Sun 12 Feb 2012, 7:58 am

We have had more than our moneys worth and would most likely get our money back if we sold it this year. Being able to get away at short notice.

Over our camping years we changed our tents regularly because new and better ones came on to the market constantly. We have had our Dandy for almost ten years now and are still very happy with it. Imagine how much we would have spent on tents over the past 10 years
naedoot
naedoot

Post by naedoot on Sun 12 Feb 2012, 8:29 am

good topic

cant say anything about our Dandy value over time yet as we havent been away in it however can with the tent we had - one of the reasons for our Dandy purchase was we had considered a small trailer for our camping gear as we have to pack a fair bit

Bought our tent 3 years back for £140 brand new - thought at that price we can give it ago.
Had a week in Cornwall for not a lot of cash for the week compared to the normal caravan we hired.
2 years of using family members house then a 1 week holiday in Haven last year for £130 ish including activity passes for the weans.
A wedding last August also involved.

Bought the Dandy for £250 and sold tent for £100 so for the sake of £40 loss on the tent we cant complain.
this year we have a week in Devon planned £75 for the week with hook up and a week in Haven for similar price to last year - plus all the weekends we have ideas on should make our cash back soon enough.

Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Sun 12 Feb 2012, 8:32 pm

Phoenix was originally bought for £250 about 20 years ago.

A rough tot up of her rebuild was about £600.
This includes her new travel cover, tyres and shinny new hub caps.

How do we value her?

PRICELESS
Caz1960
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Mon 13 Feb 2012, 9:28 pm

I agree with Phoenix my dandy Bought her for £700 now is priceless I love you took her to a Haven holls camp £56 for 4 nights and our new adventure coming up I wouldn't have done it with a tent or a caravan but with the Dandy she has got me excited to explore the world !!!! How much is a dandy worth 2792229418
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Tue 14 Feb 2012, 9:16 pm

This thread is sounding like an credit card advert. lol!

Ours was originally an accessory for our classic car, but it has now turned into our main camping unit, with the campervan becoming more a day bus and overnight camper. Crying or Very sad + cheers + Rolling Eyes

Worth to us, much more than money, but if we were to ever sell it we would get back what we paid, if not more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 19 Aug 2019, 9:39 am