Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

PVC Cover Makers

vessey44
    vessey44

PVC Cover Makers Empty PVC Cover Makers

Post by vessey44 Sun 12 Feb 2012, 9:48 pm

I have looked at a few rebuild threads & some people mention the roof been the only part that cannot be sourced

These people are only 10mile away from me & have a very good reputation in the industry...He can make anything from a pattern & make repairs to existing PVC

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

PVC Cover Makers Empty Re: PVC Cover Makers

Post by mike Mon 13 Feb 2012, 6:42 am

vessey44 wrote:I have looked at a few rebuild threads & some people mention the roof been the only part that cannot be sourced

These people are only 10mile away from me & have a very good reputation in the industry...He can make anything from a pattern & make repairs to existing PVC

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thats handy as like the local guy i use most dont have heavy duty pvc welding gear and thats what is needed to make strong joints and weld the insulation inside the roof.
    vessey44
    vessey44

Post by vessey44 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 12:02 pm

Mike,does your local guy work on lorry sheets etc.

Siplings make sheets,curtain siders etc. from scratch so if i dropped my dandy off he could re-cover it fully

Curtains siders are now available as fridge trailers aswell so insulation should be easy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 13 Feb 2012, 12:45 pm

vessey44 wrote:Mike,does your local guy work on lorry sheets etc.

Siplings make sheets,curtain siders etc. from scratch so if i dropped my dandy off he could re-cover it fully

Curtains siders are now available as fridge trailers aswell so insulation should be easy

No he mainly does smaller jobs now for factory's ect,i enquired with him about adding insulation to the bed end pvc but he doesn't have the gear for that type of welding any longer,it would require something to weld two pieces of pvc with a layer of foam in the middle,that's why i opted for my DIY system as riva wanted £600 for doing it,if somewhere could be found its not a difficult job would just have to mark around the inside of the pvc to ensure the insulation didnt go past any fixing places remove it from the dandy then weld a second layer of pvc within those lines with foam in the middle.
    He could have done it by stitching which would have been ok as the thread expands to stop water entering the stitches and i think he quoted about £130 for all four ends.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Mon 05 Mar 2012, 8:47 pm

Very Happy what is the weight / oz of the pvc on a dandy ???

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 11:02 pm