Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Stabiliser

John
John

Stabiliser Empty Stabiliser

Post by John on Sat 18 Feb 2012, 4:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Stabiliser fitted, another boot bargain £30
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Stabiliser Empty Re: Stabiliser

Post by mike on Sat 18 Feb 2012, 4:48 pm

John wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Stabiliser fitted, another boot bargain £30

Your banned lol!

You dont do bad at car boot sales do you
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 18 Feb 2012, 6:12 pm

Well john I must confess I'm impressed if not jealous at what you bought for £30.(repeat again it's not jealousy, it's not jealousy, it's not........)
I am curious though. I have the Designer and my old 4. The Designer I've never had step out or snake in any way though I would say I'm more conscious of it than the 4. I think the difference is just towing mass. The 4 the only thing I've had happen is a slight skip or chirp from the tyres under hard breaking as I've not got the rod brakes perfectly balanced. The Designer I've towed at illegal speeds and the 4 at highly illegal speeds. (see the early reports on Dandy's and the speeds they towed at "abroad") The 4 is just so stable and the Delta being closer to that, I can't help but think you would have got better value selling the stabiliser on to someone with a Designer.
It does look the dog's though and easily £30 worth of bling.
Did you get a new towball or just throughly degrease the old one and replace the cover?
John
John

Post by John on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:42 am

All ready have a swan neck tow bar , the reason that I fitted it was insurance if somebody cut me up and under hard breaking and taking avoiding action I might need a bit of help, I have never had any problems towing a dandy whatsoever and agree it is totally stable, but 30 quid I could not refuse.
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:58 am

John wrote:All ready have a swan neck tow bar , the reason that I fitted it was insurance if somebody cut me up and under hard breaking and taking avoiding action I might need a bit of help, I have never had any problems towing a dandy whatsoever and agree it is totally stable, but 30 quid I could not refuse.

john i think i must insist if we are ever any where with you and there is bootsale within 50 miles of that area we MUST go shopping lol!
for 30 quid i agree towing a dandy is pretty easy and stable but for that money and the piece of mind should you need it is priceless
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:03 am

is it a straight forward swap over?
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:29 am

NickB wrote:is it a straight forward swap over?

Somewhere on the web is a pdf for fitting it looked easy when i read it,cant find it now though
John
John

Post by John on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:54 pm

There is only one trick to it remove the rear bolt last, what you have to do is knock the bolt through using a piece of 10mm about 35mm long to retain the shock absorber that stays in place on hitch bar, the when you replace the new hitch you knock the bolt through displace the 10 mm job finished 10 mins there is video on the utube, no problem at all
John
John

Post by John on Mon 20 Feb 2012, 5:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

here is how

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 05 Apr 2020, 11:15 am