Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Folding Dandy Caution

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Folding  Dandy Caution Empty Folding Dandy Caution

Post by Helen on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:57 am

We were playing with the Dandy yesterday and although we usually prefer to lift both beds over John decided to try the method where you pull the roof to lift the bed, we have tried this once before ......... same thing happened again, John pulls the roof, the bed lifts and before you know it the bed is dropping rather fast. I grabbed it in time to stop it crashing down but pulled my shoulder rather badly this time Sad

It may be that John is tugging the roof a bit hard but I do wonder if you should only do this with gas struts fitted because you don't have time to run around and grab the bed before it starts it's descent without them on and it will come down with some force perhaps causing damage.

Last edited by Helen on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
John
John

Folding  Dandy Caution Empty Re: Folding Dandy Caution

Post by John on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:04 am

I did watch the video from riva, and it seems it is all down to timing, one pulls it up the other catches as it hits the vertical then both lower it, you might need a bit of practice to get it right, perhaps when your shoulders better, anyway I do hope it will not stop you from lifting a glass or two Laughing
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:10 am

I will manage that John I will just have to only hold one drink at once for a while Laughing The problem for me is the catching it before it starts it's descent and once it has it moves fast
Folding  Dandy Caution 2607158912

were going to stick to our old method for folding the beds.
naedoot
naedoot

Post by naedoot on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:11 pm

hope your shoulder gets better quick

dont fancy pulling our roof across to get the bed end to come over - it will be lift and hold the bed as they as a tad on the heavy side
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:14 pm

naedoot wrote:hope your shoulder gets better quick

dont fancy pulling our roof across to get the bed end to come over - it will be lift and hold the bed as they as a tad on the heavy side

Seen it done and it was scary decided then never to do it that way.
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:29 pm

Solution

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] +[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] =[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What Some See As Problems Others See As Opportunities
Esermalda
Esermalda

Post by Esermalda on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 4:38 pm

Sad sorry to hear about your shoulder, is it the same one you injured before? hope its better soon
Essie
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:01 pm

Yes Essie.......left shoulder, the bed fell and I grabbed just before it hit, managed to save it slamming down but due to it falling the weight seemed so much more.

I wonder if this is how Matts Dandy window ended up broken Question one things for sure we won't be doing it that way ever again unless we have struts.
Caz1960
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:13 pm

Folding  Dandy Caution 9639063 Helen not good but I do ask why ? is it faster or is doing it manually I know it would take say 3 burly no lets have 5 muscle men oh scantly clad to do that to my baby and NO way would i attempt to catch it Folding  Dandy Caution 2197500976
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:22 pm

Catching it is instinct, can't have my dandy getting hurt Laughing

It does lift the bed easier and keeps the roof from catching under the bed board, it's how riva show it on the video but as John says timing is everything and we just can't get it right. Embarassed I would rather we do it our old way of just lifting the bed over and bringing it down in a controlled manner, to us it's not worth the risk to the Dandy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 10 Aug 2020, 1:38 am