Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Made in China !

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Made in China ! Empty Re: Made in China !

Post by mike on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 7:48 am

Following my do you buy British post i found this look at the picture and follow the link,if they made dandys wonder how much they would be.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
naedoot
naedoot

Post by naedoot on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:03 am

Mike - there are a lot of chinese scooters and low CC motorcycles etc flooding our shores.

ranging from £400 onwards someone somewhere in the uk must be making good money on them even at that price.

issues with the Made in China things like this are they are using sub standard materials at present.

some folk have issues with the kit others swear by them.
However in a around 5 years I think that they will be the new Japan ( its going the same way as the old Japanese motorcycles and cars)

might be worth an email though could be a good business op
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:14 am

I used to belong an electric bike forum one member contacted a Chinese manufacturer and got a quote of just over £70 pounds all in per unit for a container of electric bikes the same model was fetching £500 each in the uk,i would have thought a basic simple no frills dandy would be pretty cheap and in my mind that's where riva went wrong they tried to go too far up market,the right person could get them made there shipped over probaly for less than half the build cost in this country,lets be honest rough edges are nothing new to us lol!
John
John

Post by John on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:14 am

We could always enquire for a dandy lookalike,
naedoot
naedoot

Post by naedoot on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:30 pm

had a look on alibaba and made in china sites

they have some brilliant designs although not where near as good as the dandy.

some are nice and compact some are massive.
price range for the ones I was looking at were approx 1K down based on qty ordered - god knows what shipping would be.

would be a risky venture .

Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:53 pm

naedoot wrote:Mike - there are a lot of chinese scooters and low CC motorcycles etc flooding our shores.

ranging from £400 onwards someone somewhere in the uk must be making good money on them even at that price.

issues with the Made in China things like this are they are using sub standard materials at present.

some folk have issues with the kit others swear by them.
However in a around 5 years I think that they will be the new Japan ( its going the same way as the old Japanese motorcycles and cars)

might be worth an email though could be a good business op

I was at the NEC for the bike show and it's odd after years of variable quality Chinese imports I spoke to 3 companies looking to bring over bikes in numbers and establish a wholesale distribution set up. Was looking at one CG125 copy can't remember what they were looking to retail for but certain it was less than £1,500. It didn't display any of the too obvious poor features.
To the non motorcycling amongst you £1,500, upwards of 90 mpg if not 100mpg, £15 road tax(I think). Cheaper than a bus ticket.
naedoot
naedoot

Made in China ! Empty Made in China !

Post by naedoot on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 2:17 pm

Yep China is getting better in its build quality few years yet to be up there with the rest.

think that this could be moved to a new thread though as it could go on and on.

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:08 pm

naedoot wrote:Yep China is getting better in its build quality few years yet to be up there with the rest.

think that this could be moved to a new thread though as it could go on and on.

Done ........ hope you think the title fits lol!
naedoot
naedoot

Post by naedoot on Tue 21 Feb 2012, 7:03 am

top gear did a bit on cars in china the other week

as to the motorcycle situation - they bikes are usually direct clones of the big names out there and a lot of parts are interchangeable with the chinese version and the original

the steel they use in the construction is not the best on some along with other parts
most are part assembled and require a test at a vosa centre ( think thats the one).

as I said wont be too long until they become better. so can see a future for other items built there

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 08 Aug 2020, 1:55 am