Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

where is the spare wheel carrier on a delta

Esermalda
Esermalda

where is the spare wheel carrier on a delta Empty where is the spare wheel carrier on a delta

Post by Esermalda on Mon 20 Feb 2012, 9:30 pm

I rang Ian at Riva to enquire re spare wheel as mine doesnt have one, he told me most didnt have one, but I remember someone saying about rust on the roof from a wheel?
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

where is the spare wheel carrier on a delta Empty Re: where is the spare wheel carrier on a delta

Post by Helen on Tue 21 Feb 2012, 8:01 am

Good Morning Essie ....... some people stick the spare wheel under the cover on top of the Dandy, this can cause rust marks to the folded roof. If you are going to put yours there I would put it inside a couple of bin bags or something similar to stop this happening.
Esermalda
Esermalda

where is the spare wheel carrier on a delta Empty Re: where is the spare wheel carrier on a delta

Post by Esermalda on Tue 21 Feb 2012, 8:07 am

Mornin' Helen, Have had a look at the original specification for the delta and it says that a 'spare wheel carrier' was standard,
Did they mean two black bags or a specific space for it?
essie
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 21 Feb 2012, 8:16 am

I have no idea Essie Laughing but I know that lots out there don't have them and looks like Ian thinks so too ...... dandy weren't the best at keeping brochures or specifications up to date so not all of their information is totally accurate.

Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 21 Feb 2012, 8:27 am

It's not rust that is the real problem. It's an interaction between the tyre and the PVC roof.
Really nasty manky ( my spell check doesn't cover "Manky" is it a North West term?) black marks.
Not sure if anyone has removed them but if they did it would have been quite a job.
Has Anyone Removed The Black Mark From A Roof? Does the PVC cleaner do it?
My Designer came with a vinyl bag for the wheel don't know if it was courtesy of Dandy or a car spares shop?
Essie do not let your spare rest on the roof.

I have been looking at a Delta with a spare wheel carrier I'll let you know where and how it's mounted within a few days.
Probably courtesy of the spare wheel thread that may give you some ideas as well.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Read on it does get to carriers!
John
John

Post by John on Tue 21 Feb 2012, 2:15 pm

mine was underneath, near side, to the rear of the wheel two studs welded on,wheel bolted on to the studs
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 21 Feb 2012, 2:31 pm

John wrote:mine was underneath, near side, to the rear of the wheel two studs welded on,wheel bolted on to the studs

That sounds like dandy engineering to me lol!
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 21 Feb 2012, 5:42 pm

Laura's Dandy has a rust coloured mark on the Dandy roof, from how it was folded the mark is on the inside ..... preferable to the outside and she plans to sort out a roof liner to hide it but it is still annoying and nothing and I mean nothing will shift it, it was from the spare being placed on top. As for black marks yes the pvc cleaner doe's remove them but use sparingly and not often as it is a solvent.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 Apr 2020, 7:18 pm