Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
Caz1960
The Admiral
Helen
7 posters

Suns been shining today ........ almost Dandy time again.

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Suns been shining today ........ almost Dandy time again. Empty Suns been shining today ........ almost Dandy time again.

Post by Helen Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:44 pm

Everyones quiet today, I would have thought this lovely weather would have put a spring in your step and given people thoughts of camping again soon. I know it did make me wish I was Dandying today, brought back memories of sitting outside the Dandy without a care in the world sunny It's been a long winter for us but today felt like it's almost over cheers
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Suns been shining today ........ almost Dandy time again. Empty Re: Suns been shining today ........ almost Dandy time again.

Post by The Admiral Thu 23 Feb 2012, 9:39 pm

Don't Helen, I've been stuck at work all day. We wont be able to get away until June either because of Nigels wrist op! Sad
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Suns been shining today ........ almost Dandy time again. Empty Re: Suns been shining today ........ almost Dandy time again.

Post by Caz1960 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 9:54 pm

Razz Razz me ive been busy collecting gadgets for my trip in my dandy but been naughty and dipped into the holls funds to buy Matt's couldn't let her go as i got restless when I realized that she was up for sale now thinking for names for them and can't wait to get her and going to the Black forest with the 6 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:28 pm

Shocked will now have to put tow bar on the motor now Suns been shining today ........ almost Dandy time again. 3462454224 Suns been shining today ........ almost Dandy time again. 3462454224 also I noticed that on all pictures of Dandy's big and small the cookers on the left and sink on the right EXCEPT my 6 its the other way around What a Face
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:08 pm

The Admiral wrote:Don't Helen, I've been stuck at work all day. We wont be able to get away until June either because of Nigels wrist op! Sad

Awww I'm sorry Jayne, hope Nigels wrist op isn't too serious and he is on the mend soon. x
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Fri 24 Feb 2012, 6:03 am

Caz1960 wrote: Shocked will now have to put tow bar on the motor now Suns been shining today ........ almost Dandy time again. 3462454224 Suns been shining today ........ almost Dandy time again. 3462454224 also I noticed that on all pictures of Dandy's big and small the cookers on the left and sink on the right EXCEPT my 6 its the other way around What a Face

my cooker is on the right and the sink on the left too Cazz and i'm in a 4/5
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 24 Feb 2012, 6:07 am

Caz1960 wrote: Shocked will now have to put tow bar on the motor now Suns been shining today ........ almost Dandy time again. 3462454224 Suns been shining today ........ almost Dandy time again. 3462454224 also I noticed that on all pictures of Dandy's big and small the cookers on the left and sink on the right EXCEPT my 6 its the other way around What a Face

My delta cooker on the right but the six its on the left,he probaly bought what he could get at the time,when are you buying a third dandy then,you and helen will own half the dandys in the uk by the end of the year Very Happy
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Fri 24 Feb 2012, 7:29 am

Helen wrote:
    The Admiral wrote:Don't Helen, I've been stuck at work all day. We wont be able to get away until June either because of Nigels wrist op! Sad

Awww I'm sorry Jayne, hope Nigels wrist op isn't too serious and he is on the mend soon. x

It's not too serious, but he will be in plaster for 6 weeks and not able to drive for 12(ish) weeks. Which takes us right up to the meet at Woodhall Spa. So I'm hoping there will be some nice people around to help us put Minnie up as his wrist still won't be as strong as it normally is Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 24 Feb 2012, 8:59 am

Quoted from Mike

My delta cooker on the right but the six its on the left,he probaly bought what he could get at the time,when are you buying a third dandy then,you and helen will own half the dandys in the uk by the end of the year

Some people collect pottery some collect teddies and some collect cars .......... we collect Dandy's Laughing I just can't resist them, the different models fascinate me and I can't resist a bargain. Daryl still wants one but Laura is considering a 6 now so he may end up with her old one.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 24 Feb 2012, 9:16 am

There will be lots of willing hands to help put up Minnie at the meet Jayne and to pack her away too Suns been shining today ........ almost Dandy time again. 184121345
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:16 pm

mike wrote:

My delta cooker on the right but the six its on the left,he probaly bought what he could get at the time,when are you buying a third dandy then,you and helen will own half the dandys in the uk by the end of the year Very Happy

I would agree that the majority of Dandys have the sink on the right and I might have subscribed to the idea that what was available was used but it does appear that for whatever reason Delta sinks are on the LHS.

As I'm looking at sorting out Gas Struts and adapting my awning it seemed that once you had decided what you were doing and taken action it was as easy to adapt two as one.
    Given that bed and awning weight are the two most negative aspects of Dandy ownership it also seemed that the price premium awailable for having done this might finance the venture.
    Hence I've acquired another Dandy. The awning wont be quite a carbon copy of the work on my Designer as it is only a sun canopy. It is however the full depth of 6' plus and the frame only lacks a central vertical pole. But if the sides were formed out of acrylic then it might become a very desirable superlight awning?
    The only thing is I think I'd like to see a late Dandy with the zipped acrylic awning as I might learn something from that wrt to zipping the awning rather than affixing like a conventional Dandy awning?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 24 Feb 2012, 2:51 pm

affraid you actually bought a 3rd Dandy for the suncanopy or am I mis-reading this scratch
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 24 Feb 2012, 2:53 pm

Helen wrote: affraid you actually bought a 3rd Dandy for the suncanopy or am I mis-reading this scratch

Glass houses stones and throwing come to mind lol!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 24 Feb 2012, 3:02 pm

lol!

It's just that we have an extra sun canopy that was made but no poles to go with it, we still have our sun canopy with frame and our awning with frame but the spare sun canopy roof has never been used, it was for Laura's Dandy but she needs the full awning for space with the baby.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 24 Feb 2012, 3:48 pm

Helen wrote: affraid you actually bought a 3rd Dandy for the suncanopy or am I mis-reading this scratch

It was a very, very clean Delta.
    I was thinking if I'm going to do some investigations viz a via gas struts and awnings I might as well recover some of the expense.
    Once you have done it once the second is a doddle.
    Not necessarily in the best traditions (can so young a group have traditions) of The Campers.
    People will pay though for the whistles and bells being pre fitted. Also it won't end up as an eBay sale with all the best bits mentioned and all the faults left out.
    To be fair to my self though the idea of converting a canopy into an awning might not come off. If it does it won't be cheap if it doesn't I might not recover my costs.

Sorry miss read your post yes bought another Dandy, but no the delta wasn't bought for it's canopy.
    One it wouldn't fit the Designer. Two when I set off to view I thought it had an awning. Fitting struts and zips would have been easier than a canopy into an awning project.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 24 Feb 2012, 3:52 pm

So have you got your gas struts on the designer now Kevin, we may consider doing ours eventually.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 24 Feb 2012, 4:46 pm

Helen wrote:So have you got your gas struts on the designer now Kevin, we may consider doing ours eventually.

No. I'm still looking for information, or I was until this afternoon.
    The information has been like pulling teeth. See next installment of gas struts saga.
    Just needing a little more info then negotiating price.
    What I want is an idiot proof kit. All brackets and spacers included, no self made bracketry.
    I want to price up looking at normal and stainless struts because the units are outside.
    Then I want to test fit, because I presume if I can get a large enough bulk buy discount lots of members might be interested.
    Hence I want to test fit because I want to fault find first.

I'm going to re post this on the gas strut thread because I think it helps explain my thoughts.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Fri 24 Feb 2012, 9:01 pm

flower flower Quite right Helen Dandy collecting is so much fun I love to have all the dandy colours ooh to find the green lol! flower flower
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sat 25 Feb 2012, 1:36 pm

Caz1960 wrote: flower flower Quite right Helen Dandy collecting is so much fun I love to have all the dandy colours ooh to find the green lol! flower flower

lol! We wouldn't mind a small mushroom one, but not this year or probably next, unless it's free. That could be Mr Itch's next challenge lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 25 Feb 2012, 1:54 pm

Caz1960 wrote: flower flower Quite right Helen Dandy collecting is so much fun I love to have all the dandy colours ooh to find the green lol! flower flower

Just so happens kevin has a green one affraid dandy that is
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Sat 25 Feb 2012, 7:42 pm

bounce bounce bounce bounce pictures of the green bounce bounce bounce bounce
    Didn't think there would be any mushroom ones around but then again life is full of surprises i.e dumping a baby(dandy) at the tip flower
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 26 Feb 2012, 9:26 am

John was going to play with the Dandy today, clear out anything that doesn't need to be in there and put some stuff back in that we took out plus my new bits. I think we may wait until later on today though to see what the weather does because it looks like we may get rain Rolling Eyes It did look like this yesterday but it brightened up and my Dad had his first look inside his orange Dandy and was surprised at how nice it is inside, he spent the afternoon emptying it and finding lots of goodies under the seat Very Happy The orange Dandy is on hold for a couple of weeks but he has the box section for the legs ready, he also had a few hands on deck yesterday so they got it on it's side so he can rub down the chassis at leisure.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 26 Feb 2012, 9:29 am

cazz wrote:

lol! We wouldn't mind a small mushroom one, but not this year or probably next, unless it's free. That could be Mr Itch's next challenge lol!

Mushroom one???
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sun 26 Feb 2012, 9:57 am

Tow Itch wrote:
    cazz wrote:

Mushroom one???

Like the 1986 riva currently have on their website.

I thought mushroom was how the colour was described? Perhaps not, perhaps i'm getting mixed up with something else. confused
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 26 Feb 2012, 10:07 am

Helen

A reminder. When you get to buying the ply give me a call.

Went to both Riva and Tent Valeting Services yesterday.

The skirts need flaps welding or stitching to the sides of the walls and roof.

Either Helen thinks seriously about buying that heat welder and we talk to her or we need to design a new way of attaching sides.
    The DIY efforts up to now appear to have the water from the roof and walls running inside the skirts.
    Over £200 per side puts me out of the realm of a Riva fit option.

TVS saw me offering up the Designers Awning for cutting and zip fitting.
    We're looking at two zips taking the sides off with a vertical zip at the rear and a zip across the edge of the roof.
    The thing that put me most off the U or n zip was the thought of shearing off the front stumps of the sides. Though I realise I'll need a sort of permanently stitched in storm strap to hold the front down.

Needing to erect the Dandy and awning on the car park in front of TVS resulted in some good humoured banter from TVS's staff and others.

Upon dissembling the Dandy I herard a voice ask "Are you thinking of setting up camp or what"
    For those of you not in the know TVS is centred in the distinctly urban (decaying) area of Farnworth.

My reply "Yup.....and we're stripping the wiring out of the washing machines over there"

It was only at this point the accent of the speaker became more distinct

"We don't strip wiring out of washing machines and we're quite well off.... And that looks like a Crap Caravan"

Some futher words were spoken with your's truly been likened to several female anatomical parts.

Thankful to avoid the kicking I was expecting I packed up and left.

Couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the day though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 4:43 pm