Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Will fuel prices rise this year

Caz1960
Caz1960

Will fuel prices rise this year - Page 2 Empty Re: Will fuel prices rise this year

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 8:59 pm

Very Happy unlike you Matt I order stuff and happy to wait , then I forget that I have ordered ,so when it arrived its like x mass all the excitement of what it is the down side is that if it doesn't get sent or more likely gets lost in the post I loose mind you it took one year for my Dog leads and collars to arrive not the company's fault the post Very Happy Will fuel prices rise this year - Page 2 3355420168 sorry what do you all get to the gallon when towing your Dandy at 60mph I get 34 to the gallon while seated in leather arm chair Will fuel prices rise this year - Page 2 3462454224 Will fuel prices rise this year - Page 2 3462454224 Will fuel prices rise this year - Page 2 3462454224
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Will fuel prices rise this year - Page 2 Empty Re: Will fuel prices rise this year

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 9:19 pm

34 MPG from HMS Volvo towing. Roll on George and Paul(Best and Gascoigne not the Beatles)

Hang on I think one of my issues is I don't tow my Dandy at 60. Shhhh!
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:55 pm

With ours I wouldn't like to guess ......... roofbox stuffed full and the car stuffed to capacity, lots of beer and wine in every spare gap then the dandy affraid
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 1:56 pm

Well i like petrol affraid never done exact mpg for towing but overall i have done 13500 miles in 3 years and my on board computer says i have averaged 47 mpg since new so with a 1.2 petrol ime not complaining,especially as my journey to work is under 3 miles each way and although we live in town i drive nearly every where so loads of short journeys,and that includes towing
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 2:13 pm

mike wrote:although we live in town i drive nearly every where so loads of short journeys,and that includes towing

Why do you take the Dandy on short journey's? lol! Suspect
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 2:22 pm

cazz wrote:
mike wrote:although we live in town i drive nearly every where so loads of short journeys,and that includes towing

Serves me right for being nice too you just remember the bed leg thing affraid
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 2:26 pm

mike wrote:
cazz wrote:

Serves me right for being nice too you just remember the bed leg thing affraid

Oh heck, I will have to padlock and alarm them. lol!
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 4:54 pm

mike wrote:Well i like petrol affraid never done exact mpg for towing but overall i have done 13500 miles in 3 years and my on board computer says i have averaged 47 mpg since new so with a 1.2 petrol ime not complaining,especially as my journey to work is under 3 miles each way and although we live in town i drive nearly every where so loads of short journeys,and that includes towing

Mike,that's excellent economy for a Petrol i doubt an equivalent diesel version of your car would do much better on that kind of driving.
My diesel has averaged 56MPG since January which is 2500miles of driving and that includes no towing with some 300+mile journeys and regular 15mile commutes to work.If i did 3mile commutes and had been towing i would probably be down under 50mpg.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 5:57 pm

NickB wrote:
mike wrote:Well i like petrol affraid never done exact mpg for towing but overall i have done 13500 miles in 3 years and my on board computer says i have averaged 47 mpg since new so with a 1.2 petrol ime not complaining,especially as my journey to work is under 3 miles each way and although we live in town i drive nearly every where so loads of short journeys,and that includes towing

Mike,that's excellent economy for a Petrol i doubt an equivalent diesel version of your car would do much better on that kind of driving.
My diesel has averaged 56MPG since January which is 2500miles of driving and that includes no towing with some 300+mile journeys and regular 15mile commutes to work.If i did 3mile commutes and had been towing i would probably be down under 50mpg.

Nick you have to consider my age lol! as they say been there done that and got the T shirt,i do drive fast sometimes and i do enjoy a bit of the old corner magic some times, but 99% of the time i respect the fact its a small engine and i only do what its happy doing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 10 Aug 2020, 12:24 am