Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Going with the roof bar rollers

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Going with the roof bar rollers Empty Going with the roof bar rollers

Post by mike on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 9:15 am

Decided to have a go at this,as my bars are square i think it will help the roof slide,they cant be rollers as such because the end angle brace will stop them from rolling unless i dont go full length,first though i think full length and that will at least give the roof a smooth curve to slide over,if needed i could shorten them so they do roll.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Going with the roof bar rollers Empty Re: Going with the roof bar rollers

Post by Helen on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 9:19 am

This will be interesting to see, we were going to then I changed Johns mind for him for fear of the roof falling in between the two roof hoops but it's not exactly an expensive job and if I had square bars to go over I would probably do the same.
naedoot
naedoot

Post by naedoot on Sat 03 Mar 2012, 9:31 am

did you manage to get the roller idea working?

I had a wee thought about this and thought maybe some sort of plastic piping like curved conduit clipped over the roof bars would make for a nice surface

not sure if it would work though.

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 03 Mar 2012, 10:04 am

naedoot wrote:did you manage to get the roller idea working?

I had a wee thought about this and thought maybe some sort of plastic piping like curved conduit clipped over the roof bars would make for a nice surface

not sure if it would work though.

Not done it yet as have been unwell this week,but its the waste pipe for sinks ect i will use its going full width to start with to see if just a better surface is enough.
John
John

Post by John on Sat 03 Mar 2012, 11:24 am

I have yet to complete mine, but realise only one of the beds need it and that is the second one that opens,I have the two uprights sorted and the roller bearings just need the roller bar to join them all up and some time to do it..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 06 Aug 2020, 2:51 pm