Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

TVS Produce Vinyl Awning For Destiny

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

TVS Produce Vinyl Awning For Destiny Empty TVS Produce Vinyl Awning For Destiny

Post by Tow Itch Fri 02 Mar 2012, 10:09 pm

Went to pick up my newly zipped awning today.
    Got invited into the back to look at a Destiny that they are making a Vinyl awning for.
    Silly me didn't take photos of the caravan awning type plastic hook mounts nor did I photograph the zip arrangement that the dark blue Destinys (or dark blues in general?)have.
    I did get to check that they're still putting gas struts on upside down though.
    You can see bits of carbon fibre awning pole though, best bit is TVS have promised to take photographs and I've said I'll happily post them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

TVS Produce Vinyl Awning For Destiny Empty Re: TVS Produce Vinyl Awning For Destiny

Post by mike Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:01 am

Any idea of price kevin as i have said i am thinking about a pvc porch awning,making my own frame or just borrowing some of the awning frame.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

TVS Produce Vinyl Awning For Destiny Empty Re: TVS Produce Vinyl Awning For Destiny

Post by mike Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:04 am

Got invited into the back to look at a Destiny that they are making a Vinyl awning for.

Bit risky after your last visit lol!
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 11 Mar 2012, 6:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Second lot of photographs
    I am awaiting an email from TVS with a write-up of whatever details and features they think are pertinent.
    The things I noticed were:
    The awning is full width. I don't know if the acrylic awnings from Riva were but the PVC ones on the Lowside Destinys weren't they were the same 131/2'to 14' of designers. I presume anything larger would have been too heavy to lift.
    The awning isn't quite as deep as I expected I thought awnings tended to be 8' but this was 71/2' still as they are one offs I expect you can specify.
    The awning has an acrylic roof and mudwalls the midsection of the walls is canvas. I have no experience of acrylic but I think the canvas section is to stop sweating.
    The awning roof is silvered on the outside to reflect the heat the inside being patterned. I presume that is because it's less likely to show marks. I don't know if it's a two sided fabric or if the roof is lined.
    I asked about a skirt for the base but while TVS will provide the fabric their not too keen to drill units leaving that and any problems that follow to the owners.
    There are two zips towards the base of the awning the second one affixing the skirts. You can see from the fifth photo it gapes a bit. The original idea of binding the skirt in with bungys I think is a bit more effective.
    The front door on this zips out in one piece, two piece is available.
    I gather that KirstOn has been given a price I await confirmation from TVS with the other details.

Last edited by Tow Itch on Tue 13 Mar 2012, 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 11 Mar 2012, 6:32 pm

Interesting the roof looks like the same material as my caravan awning roof and because of the style of my caravan you can never get the awning roof tight so water pools in one place but never comes through,pity they where not able to peg it down to do it more justice i guess even rock pegs dont work that well on concrete lol! bet it will look nice out on the site all pegged down.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 6:46 am