Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

TV Screen Cleaning

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

TV Screen Cleaning Empty TV Screen Cleaning

Post by Helen Fri 09 Mar 2012, 9:30 am

Probably should go in with grunts and groans but I thought I may get more response from a new thread. Smile

The new TV is great and YES I have wiped the screen over with a micro-fibre cloth but it now has sticky fingerprint marks courtesy of Evie. I have read the instructions from front to back and there was a green cleaning cloth that came with the TV but this is for the 'Glass Frame' and it tells you how to use this by spraying with water to clean the frame and stand. My problem is that nowhere in the booklets doe's it tell you how to clean the screen. On the old TV (LCD) I used a bit of glass cleaner on a cloth but ended up with marks on the screen like clouding. Can any one advise on the correct way to clean this one. TV Screen Cleaning 115684958
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

TV Screen Cleaning Empty Re: TV Screen Cleaning

Post by Tow Itch Fri 09 Mar 2012, 10:23 am

I don't have a 3D LCD TV but I thought the first step in all these things was the same.

Google How To.......................................

I Googled How To Clean A 3D TV Screen. and got:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It was only a search much further down the list that bothered to explain that most people think the screens are glass and that they're not but I've not included that result as the guide was faulted in other ways.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 09 Mar 2012, 10:42 am

Cheers Kevin,

I googled but got lots of different opinions, I just hoped someone on here could tell me a tried and tested method for cleaning it from personal experience.

It's a backlit LED and I was wondering if the 'No Chemicals' glass cleaning cloths that you spray with water would work but the screen isn't glass. I am going to try some of the 'optical glasses wipes' from B&M on my old LCD TV and if it gets the cloudy marks off and causes no problems then I may try on the new tv. Failing that I will probably buy some of the monster cleaning fluid or the iKlear Apple polish.
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Fri 09 Mar 2012, 5:40 pm

Helen wrote:Cheers Kevin,

I googled but got lots of different opinions, I just hoped someone on here could tell me a tried and tested method for cleaning it from personal experience.

It's a backlit LED and I was wondering if the 'No Chemicals' glass cleaning cloths that you spray with water would work but the screen isn't glass. I am going to try some of the 'optical glasses wipes' from B&M on my old LCD TV and if it gets the cloudy marks off and causes no problems then I may try on the new tv. Failing that I will probably buy some of the monster cleaning fluid or the iKlear Apple polish.

i use the lint free glasses wipes that you get for specs they work aldi sell them quite cheaply too Very Happy
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Fri 09 Mar 2012, 6:00 pm

i have used a microfibre cloth wet with warm water and washing up liquid,then gone over it again with just a wet cloth.We have a glass screen so much more resistant to scratching than plastic screens however wet microfibre cloth shouldn't scratch any surface.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 10 Mar 2012, 8:10 am

I used the specs wipes from B&M on the sticky finger marks then gave a quick wipe over the whole screen with a damp micro fibre cloth and it seems to have worked fine. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 9:38 pm