Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+7
vickoir
Nick
Lol and Steve
mike
Helen
Eilis
carl
11 posters

out with the old ready for the new

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

out with the old ready for the new  - Page 2 Empty Re: out with the old ready for the new

Post by Helen Wed 22 Feb 2012, 6:58 pm

We WILL get around to doing the carpet in ours this year, I think using the old carpet as a pattern for the new floor covering is brilliant. out with the old ready for the new  - Page 2 184121345

Looking forward to seeing more pictures of the progress.
    fearful wizard

out with the old ready for the new  - Page 2 Empty Re: out with the old ready for the new

Post by fearful wizard Wed 22 Feb 2012, 7:13 pm

I picked up some fawn coloured carpet today, and i have cut the carpet ready to fit, i got enough to carpet the discovery twice, for the pricely sum of £10. Very Happy

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 22 Feb 2012, 7:17 pm

It's brilliant how you can makeover a dandy relatively cheaply, we were going to do our carpet last year but things happened and we never had the time but we will get it done this year, we just have to decide between carpet and lino and wait for the weather to give us a break. I think lino because it's easier to keep clean but John likes the feel and warmth of carpet.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 7:23 pm

Very Happy Very Happy make some rag rugs for John's dainty tootsies Very Happy Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 22 Feb 2012, 7:25 pm

Vicki made me a brilliant carpet (rug) for our Dandy, it's even shaped for the wheel arches. I think we may go for lino and put some press studs on the carpet to hold it in place. If I go for a neutral colour for the floor I can change my curtains and make a rug to co-ordinate when I feel the urge for a change of decor lol!
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Wed 22 Feb 2012, 7:32 pm

I have enough carpet to carpet the side of the fifth bed, and also the side where the wheel arch is.
    That would make it nice and cosy.
    Will post some more pics soon. Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 22 Feb 2012, 7:41 pm

We've been changing our carpet for the past two years but never got around to it so this year is Dandy time and we are going to get the little jobs done, we did have a quote from someone who said they would do it at a cost of £70 and we would have to take the Dandy on a four hour round trip and wait while it was done. We are considering a larger Dandy/motorhome or dare I say Caravan affraid but would keep ours anyway so it's still worth doing.
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Fri 02 Mar 2012, 7:14 pm

fearful wizard wrote:When i took the carpet up water had been getting in, need to fix before fitting new carpet

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Old carpet to use as pattern.

Getting there going to cover upholstery next. Pete Very Happy

New carpet fitted hardest part was the wheel arch Pete Very Happy

Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Fri 02 Mar 2012, 10:06 pm

That looks good Pete. Smile Bet you are pleased with it.

Shapes like the arches are tricky to do.
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:01 am

Helen wrote:Vicki made me a brilliant carpet (rug) for our Dandy, it's even shaped for the wheel arches. I think we may go for lino and put some press studs on the carpet to hold it in place. If I go for a neutral colour for the floor I can change my curtains and make a rug to co-ordinate when I feel the urge for a change of decor lol!

Would velcro not be much easier? My Destiny has the press studs, and yes they are ideal, but if I need to make new mats, I would struggle to fit press studs. Velcro would be much easier for me.

The lino, I think, is a much better alternative to carpet, especially on the muddier holidays. We have just been given a blue carpet which I will cut to shape, and then we can have a change every now and then.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:07 am

Think you are right Krist0n its just carpet finishes it off for me,if i still had dogs or a couple of children then i may not think that Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 03 Mar 2012, 7:40 am

The press studs are extremely easy to fit, I have fitted them to make new tie backs and vicki has fitted them to her home made carpets too. There is no chance of grass and muck sticking to them like there is with velcro so when you clean the floor it cleans properly. out with the old ready for the new  - Page 2 3498837457

I do prefer how carpet looks to any other flooring but think a lino type floor would be more practical. I think we may yet fit new carpet in the designer, I have found that the rubber bristled brushes do clean it very well and remove any grass, muck or dog hairs.
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sat 03 Mar 2012, 9:40 am

Krist0n wrote:
    Helen wrote:Vicki made me a brilliant carpet (rug) for our Dandy, it's even shaped for the wheel arches. I think we may go for lino and put some press studs on the carpet to hold it in place. If I go for a neutral colour for the floor I can change my curtains and make a rug to co-ordinate when I feel the urge for a change of decor lol!

Would velcro not be much easier? My Destiny has the press studs, and yes they are ideal, but if I need to make new mats, I would struggle to fit press studs. Velcro would be much easier for me.

The lino, I think, is a much better alternative to carpet, especially on the muddier holidays. We have just been given a blue carpet which I will cut to shape, and then we can have a change every now and then.

kriston, we have the press studs too and i have made 2 overcarpets to go in the dandy and i have fitted press studs to match up with the ones in the floor and was really easy to do, i also hemmed the whole carpet with wool so looks just like a shop bought rug was time consuming but worth the effort i made 3 custom carpets (helens included) for about ten quid .and the dandy itself required no alteration as used what was already there to secure it
    see link if you fancy it
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Sat 03 Mar 2012, 12:26 pm

I will certainly look into the press stud thing. I have seen a link on another thread for a stud punch and die for a tenner.
    Did you hem the carpets by HAND Vicki? Shocked
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sat 03 Mar 2012, 2:22 pm

Krist0n wrote:I will certainly look into the press stud thing. I have seen a link on another thread for a stud punch and die for a tenner.
    Did you hem the carpets by HAND Vicki? Shocked

lol! yes i did it was very theraputic

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 7:01 pm