Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

tenacious tape?

Esermalda
Esermalda

tenacious tape? Empty tenacious tape?

Post by Esermalda on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 1:42 pm

Help affraid affraid affraid affraid
well,I am in the process of cleaning my Dora, for the first time, and have found a pin hole in the roof, should I use tenacious tape on the inside or the outside of the roof. it was up in the rain last night but no sign of leakage inside. I haven't got a roof liner and the hole is very near the apex.

Essie in need. xxxx
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

tenacious tape? Empty Re: tenacious tape?

Post by mike on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 2:34 pm

Esermalda wrote: Help affraid affraid affraid affraid
well,I am in the process of cleaning my Dora, for the first time, and have found a pin hole in the roof, should I use tenacious tape on the inside or the outside of the roof. it was up in the rain last night but no sign of leakage inside. I haven't got a roof liner and the hole is very near the apex.

Essie in need. xxxx

With the roof being double skin and as you say a pin hole i think i would cut a small neat circle of tape and apply it on the out side,there would be no harm in doing the inside also but if you cant see the hole you will see the patch so maybe best left.
Esermalda
Esermalda

Post by Esermalda on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 2:48 pm

Thanks for that, Mike. That is what I will do, but not unless it sticks in the rain. Have introduced our dog Tipper to the camper, she has no problem getting in and out, shes 12 and acts older.
Esermalda
Esermalda

Post by Esermalda on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 8:31 pm

would you recommend anything else for a hole the size of a pin? have to order the tenacious tape! Rolling Eyes Exclamation
essie xxx
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 8:50 pm

Do you have any seam sealant or a tent repair kit - the glue out of the kit would do and seal it. Just put a tiny bit of the glue/sealant on the hole, I've also heard evo stick works too but haven't tried it myself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 Apr 2020, 7:22 pm