Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Fuel warnings

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Fuel warnings - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuel warnings

Post by mike on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 9:54 am

Well i bought less fuel,i filled up the other day when my tank was just under half,i would have filled up next Thursday when my tank would have been on a quarter so i took less fuel Very Happy the problem is finding the dividing line between forward planning and panic buying i guess if i chose to top my tank up on Thursday that would be panic buying.
We have a lady at work on a very tight budget she buys petrol every Saturday as she cant afford to fill up,on Thursday she had no money to spend on petrol so had to wait until this weekend.
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 5:37 pm

mike wrote:When we had the last shortage in 2000 i stopped my driver taking the deliveries and did it myself,from filling a transit twice a week i did a weeks deliveries on one tank just driving for economy.

Will add no i didn't double the mpg i vastly improved it planned my deliveries better and didn't do any 20 mile detours to the best cake shop and then another 5 miles to a nice picnic spot,yes ive been a delivery driver lol!
so by better planning if you implemented this you would have saved 52 tanks a year although it depends on who is paying for the diesel Very Happy
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 5:46 pm

NickB wrote:
mike wrote:When we had the last shortage in 2000 i stopped my driver taking the deliveries and did it myself,from filling a transit twice a week i did a weeks deliveries on one tank just driving for economy.

Will add no i didn't double the mpg i vastly improved it planned my deliveries better and didn't do any 20 mile detours to the best cake shop and then another 5 miles to a nice picnic spot,yes ive been a delivery driver lol!
so by better planning if you implemented this you would have saved 52 tanks a year although it depends on who is paying for the diesel Very Happy

Yes but i would have had to do the driving and it would have been boring
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:03 pm

mike wrote:
NickB wrote:

Yes but i would have had to do the driving and it would have been boring

that's a good point Smile
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:11 pm

Just seen on the news there will be no Strike before Easter

Fuel warnings - Page 2 3462454224 Fuel warnings - Page 2 3462454224 Fuel warnings - Page 2 3462454224 Fuel warnings - Page 2 3462454224 Fuel warnings - Page 2 3462454224 All that panicking caused by the powers that be.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:36 pm

The government has relaxed it's rules so tanker drivers can work more hours to get fuel out ........ now they get overtime pay too Rolling Eyes
Caz1960
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:07 pm

Fuel warnings - Page 2 1710857839 Fuel warnings - Page 2 1710857839 Fuel warnings - Page 2 1710857839 is anyone thinking this is a scam on a large scale Fuel warnings - Page 2 1710857839 Fuel warnings - Page 2 1710857839 Fuel warnings - Page 2 1710857839
vessey44
vessey44

Post by vessey44 on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 10:56 pm

I wonder where they put all this fuel they are buying Laughing

If you need a bulk tank in your garage these might be worth a try: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There strikes have made my days 15hours long Wink
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 6:36 am

from the sounds of it Neil, people are storing the fuel in really stupid places

here's hoping the government will have to pay for the stupidity of telling people to store extra fuel, causing this chaos.

Remember this was nothing to do with the unions, there was no strike called, merely balloted for.
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 3:31 pm

Way to go Eilis thought it was just me who saw a different side.
Don't forget under the most repressive union regulations in the western world a strike has to be called 7 days in advance so it would have had to been called on Thursday to affect Easter.
Re the "Emergency" revision of hours. I'm sure a group of workers who are complaining that too much of their pay is now dependant on bonuses want extra overtime. That will really add to them being alert and stress free.
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 7:53 pm

Eilis wrote:from the sounds of it Neil

Eilis you mean Matt,Neil is his dad Very Happy

I cannot believe people are calling for politicians to be sacked because of a tragedy involving someone doing something totally stupid.I mean decanting petrol in kitchen while the stove is on that is really daft.
If the politician had not mentioned anything about jerry cans who is to say the woman would still not have gone and bought petrol and taken it home.
People panic like at easter when people buy 10 loafs of bread and 100pints of milk to get them through the one day when a supermarket is closed.
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 8:13 pm

oops Embarassed sorry matt Embarassed

i agree Nick, it's stupid that people do that, the same at christmas when you see people with 2 and 3 trolleys stacked with food when the shops are only shut for a day or so

Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 9:03 pm

i will be panic buying after easter when they are selling eggs off cheap Very Happy
vessey44
vessey44

Post by vessey44 on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 9:17 pm

I've always said this about the panic for one day....after that everything's cheaper aswell Laughing

Big companies like Asda,Tesco (Stobart),UPS,Devon County Council etc. etc. have rented tanks just to store extra fuel due to the tanker drivers planting the seed of a strike

vessey44
vessey44

Post by vessey44 on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 9:27 pm

That was pure stupidity from that woman & nothing to do with what the politician said...

A basic understanding of common sense is needed & she didn't sound safe to be free in society anyway

I can also remember this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nothing to do with what anyone told him just his own stupidity...We've all done silly things but usually know what the outcome could be

You would think he'd of learnt from the Flixborough disaster he was caught up in....funnily enough as nick knows our workshop/yard is located on the same site at flixborough

Last edited by vessey44 on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 9:32 pm

Far be it from me to defend politicians but decanting petrol in your kitchen is barking, with a gas ring on at the same time well what would you expect.

I think it comes under the listing of Darwin award winner.

It's the nature of newspapers and politicians to accelerate the silliness.

Francis Maudes statement was equally as bright though. We have always had regulations on petrol storage and no mention was made to these regulations particularly the amount stored or the permissible containers.

If you want to get into the realms of real stupidity though the local council has decided to dispatch social workers to help locals through their trauma. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Vessey

Surprised at Tesco and Asda buying storage tanks. I would have thought they could just choose not to sell supplies from the very large storage facilities they have at most stores.

vessey44
vessey44

Post by vessey44 on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 9:38 pm

They'd rather sell it to all the people waiting in a 3 mile line around the block than use it themselves Laughing

The mad max film isn't to far from the truth...look how much we panic when they tell us they can't deliver the vast quantity they have in storage & think what it'll be like when they tell us the well's are dry...
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:15 pm

NickB wrote:i will be panic buying after easter when they are selling eggs off cheap Very Happy

What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face Me too lol!

Johns still going to car share for work from now on so it did us a favour.
Caz1960
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Sun 01 Apr 2012, 8:23 pm

There's been fights in our local Tesco petrol pumps and all the food has gone another panic but the ones that leave with 5 trolley loads are beak next week for more shopping so what they doing with the other stuff ......I have to hang my head in shame as I must confess to panic buying I heard that because of the weather that has hit south America there will be a shortage ( or none at all ) of the cocoa bean by 2014 affraid affraid affraid so i@ve raided all the chocolate shops and wiped them out... bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 01 Apr 2012, 11:31 pm

NickB wrote:i will be panic buying after easter when they are selling eggs off cheap Very Happy

Only chocolate ones!

Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Mon 02 Apr 2012, 8:50 pm

Tow Itch wrote:

Only chocolate ones!

Just as well we have a steady supply of free hens/ducks eggs.
We already have some chocolate eggs here for Vicki's niece and nephew and i am very tempted,well i can always replace them(the eggs not the kids)just don't tell Vicky nudge nudge wink wink.
Esermalda
Esermalda

Post by Esermalda on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 11:49 am

somerset/devon seemed to have been hit by panic buying trend and now the panic is over, the price per litre has gone up everywhere by 4p.
Good scam, eh affraid
Essie xxxx

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 30 Mar 2020, 6:25 pm