Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Dandy awning for sale

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Dandy awning for sale Empty Dandy awning for sale

Post by Helen on Tue 27 Mar 2012, 8:19 am

This is for a pale blue and white Dandy and is an original awning, you would have to find out the exact model but it states 4/5 .............. rare as hens teeth Twisted Evil

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Dandy awning for sale Empty Re: Dandy awning for sale

Post by Nick on Tue 27 Mar 2012, 4:53 pm

that site on ebay ad looks like Park foot Ullswater,
Below is our old Dandy at Park foot Very Happy

Caz1960
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:29 pm

lol! ohh could be your awning have you checked its there lol!
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:42 pm

haha true well if we hadn't sold that dandy i might well have been checking that the awning and dandy was still in the back yard,its uncanny how similar both pics are even the cars are both red Very Happy

Also is that another Dandy i spot in the background??
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 28 Mar 2012, 8:18 am

It says the awning is being used with a pale blue and white Delta for those wondering if it will fit their unit.
vessey44
vessey44

Post by vessey44 on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 2:24 pm

Will it fit a designer Smile
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 2:36 pm

It would be a bit small Matt Neutral
vessey44
vessey44

Post by vessey44 on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 2:46 pm

Are you trying an old indian trick telling me its not suitable because you want it Laughing

Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 4:11 pm

vessey44 wrote:Are you trying an old indian trick telling me its not suitable because you want it Laughing

A Designers 5'10 across the tub a Delta is 4' 10 so if you can stretch the PVC by a foot you might have a working awning.

When I had zips put into my Designer awning I asked TVS about putting Acrylic sides and a door onto a Delta canopy I have.
The cost wasn't cheap about £350.
It was is part of an idea to remove heavy handling by the addition of gas struts and a lightweight awning.

You already have sides for your sun canopy don't you? What about your PVC contact forming you a door?

If that's not possible get back to me because I reckon that having two lightweight awning sorted out by TVS should get a discount on just one being made.

I was tempted to say that if Helen wanted it she wouldn't have posted it on here, but I don't know if that would have been doing her a disservice?
vessey44
vessey44

Post by vessey44 on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 10:02 pm

I havnt even had time to work on the dandy so not 100% sure what spec it has...with the weather we had in the VW last year I wouldn't want sides on the awning especially with the winds we had at Trentfield...

I'm going to need a hand at the dandy meets from you experts amongst us as I havnt mastered the unfolding with the roof on yet...I've been building it up then pulling the roof over the top
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 12:20 am

vessey44 wrote:I havnt even had time to work on the dandy so not 100% sure what spec it has...with the weather we had in the VW last year I wouldn't want sides on the awning especially with the winds we had at Trentfield...

I'm going to need a hand at the dandy meets from you experts amongst us as I havnt mastered the unfolding with the roof on yet...I've been building it up then pulling the roof over the top

What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face

You must be well hard or well daft. I don't think I could face that more than twice.

You wouldn't want sides on an awning??? Well then all you have is a sun canopy? I'm lost at that comment. If you don't want sides then you don't want an awning. I'm not taking the rip, please explain.

I went away in January in absolute gales. I didn't sleep just waiting for something to break. After what we faced I'd pitch a Dandy awning against anything else.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 5:45 am

vessey44 wrote:I havnt even had time to work on the dandy so not 100% sure what spec it has...with the weather we had in the VW last year I wouldn't want sides on the awning especially with the winds we had at Trentfield...

Sides on an awning are the best thing you could have,we where at a meet in cambridge and there was no way a canopy would have stood the wind getting under it but all the awnings stood there ground.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 6:10 am

The most used way is to lay the roof on the floor on the opposite side to where its fixed,then opening the first bed pulls the roof with it and the same with the second bed,you do need the frame strings on and it can make it hard work to get an even pull without struts if you are on your own.
Or you can do it the other way arrive at Woodhall after most of the others and stand there scratching your head you will find the dandy is suddenly erected as if by magic lol!
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 8:15 am

vessey44 wrote:Are you trying an old indian trick telling me its not suitable because you want it Laughing

I've already got one nah nah nah nah nah Dandy awning for sale 1208560806

lol!
vessey44
vessey44

Post by vessey44 on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 2:08 pm

Ive got a suncanopy and the skirts so should be fine in the weather im going camping in

I would like an awning but which one would you use most of the time...
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 2:33 pm

We have both and find it easier to put the sun canopy up but would rather have the space of the awning, we did use just the sun canopy and a utility tent for a long time and that works great together. We did seem to sit outside more too, the sun canopy keeps it cosy to sit under at night with a fire lit just outside, only problem we have with that is we have to clean the canopy but I love nights like that.
Kimmie
Kimmie

Post by Kimmie on Sun 01 Apr 2012, 8:29 pm

I want a brown one Dandy awning for sale 496639318

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 06 Aug 2020, 2:30 pm