Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Tow Itch
ChrisP
6 posters

Dandy Destiny for Sale on Ebay.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Dandy Destiny for Sale on Ebay. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandy Destiny for Sale on Ebay.

Post by Tow Itch Mon 09 Apr 2012, 9:20 pm

Oh dear so the garden gets it in the head again!

Photos will be wanted of the unique awning.
    Endecay
    Endecay

Dandy Destiny for Sale on Ebay. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandy Destiny for Sale on Ebay.

Post by Endecay Mon 09 Apr 2012, 9:30 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Oh dear so the garden gets it in the head again!

Well maybe not - with some rigourous tidying, throwing and transferring to the shed etc... it may yet fit in the garage. It did in Chris's.

Odd thing - in the garage it felt dauntingly huge! As soon as it was pushed outside it seemed to shrink. Funny thing the mind isn't it.
    ChrisP
    ChrisP

Dandy Destiny for Sale on Ebay. - Page 2 Empty I am glad it has gone to a good home

Post by ChrisP Mon 09 Apr 2012, 10:46 pm

I am glad the Endecays are dancing with joy. Ebay may have messed up, but it worked out in the end.

My wife gave it a good try with two week long trips and a weekender, but she did not really enjoy it. I ended up using it for weekends with my son and the Destiny was just too big for that. At just six he is a bit small to help set it up. I will be dusting off my old Vango tunnel tent for 2-3 weekends this year. I will miss not being able to stand up and fishing chairs in the Vango porch are not the same as sofas in a Dandy.

The trouble is that once you have experienced Dandy Camping it is addictive. I keep looking at the Dart and thinking that it would be so much more comfortable than a regular tent, but would still be small enough to push onto some of the remote sites I used to use. Especially the NT site in Langdale in the Lakes.

If I could find one of those old ones with the recessed wheels, and just add some gas struts.......oh dear.......
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 09 Apr 2012, 11:10 pm

Chris

You can put up a Dart single handedly.
    The older ones you could even get the awning up with just your lad holding the poles for a couple of minutes, but they don't look quite so plush. Unless of course you do a bit of restoration work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 5:23 pm