Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+6
Nick
Tow Itch
vickoir
Helen
mike
tojo40
10 posters

our new dandy .. just dont know much about it

tojo40

our new dandy .. just dont know much about it Empty our new dandy .. just dont know much about it

Post by tojo40 Mon 02 Apr 2012, 5:31 pm

we just bought our first dandy and we have no idea what model it is or anything else. it came with a porch awning but its a real hotch potch of a thing to put up so i will b trying to find an ingenius way to attach it in the coming weeks. hopefully i have attached a couple of pictures of it and maybe some one can identify it for us.

Also we are in Northern Ireland and would be nice if there are any other Dandy owners over here to meet up with and have a bit of craic over the summer

pictures wouldnt attach so added a link to a gallery but i aint allowed to post links so sorry folks

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

our new dandy .. just dont know much about it Empty Re: our new dandy .. just dont know much about it

Post by mike Mon 02 Apr 2012, 5:51 pm

tojo40 wrote:we just bought our first dandy and we have no idea what model it is or anything else. it came with a porch awning but its a real hotch potch of a thing to put up so i will b trying to find an ingenius way to attach it in the coming weeks. hopefully i have attached a couple of pictures of it and maybe some one can identify it for us.

Also we are in Northern Ireland and would be nice if there are any other Dandy owners over here to meet up with and have a bit of craic over the summer

pictures wouldnt attach so added a link to a gallery but i aint allowed to post links so sorry folks

our new dandy .. just dont know much about it 1217042266 to the pvc world,the link and picture situation is set by the forum host,think its 7 days but if you want i can pm my email add and if you send the pictures to me i will post them for you.

mike
    tojo40

our new dandy .. just dont know much about it Empty Re: our new dandy .. just dont know much about it

Post by tojo40 Mon 02 Apr 2012, 5:59 pm

thanks that would be great
    much appreciated
    joe
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 02 Apr 2012, 6:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 02 Apr 2012, 7:18 pm

our new dandy .. just dont know much about it 1217042266 our new dandy .. just dont know much about it 1217042266 our new dandy .. just dont know much about it 1217042266

Hi, and congratulations on finding your Dandy. Thanks for posting the pictures too, it looks lovely. our new dandy .. just dont know much about it 184121345
    our new dandy .. just dont know much about it 2716414575

tojo40

our new dandy .. just dont know much about it Empty any idea as to approx year ??

Post by tojo40 Mon 02 Apr 2012, 7:22 pm

would anyone have any idea as to what model this one is. ? also i have no key for the door lock i have taken the lock off in an attempt to find a key number but to no avail
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Mon 02 Apr 2012, 7:43 pm

hi tojo our new dandy .. just dont know much about it 1217042266
    you probably will have to buy a new lock, readily available from most camping shops.
    also what is your dandy like inside does it have a bench seat in front of double bed? that will help identify it but looks like a 4/5 to me
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 02 Apr 2012, 8:14 pm

Hello Tojo

The key would have been the interior pictures. The size of the locker on the LHS tends to give things away.
    the next key is the width across the tub. 4' is a 4 4' 10" is a 41/2 5'10" is a five. These later gained the names Dart, Delta and the Discovery. The designer is the same size as a Discovery but is configured differently.

The lock may have the key number on the tang at the back of the tumbler.

The brown Dandys were a time of development. The Dandys had adopted the plastic sides that didn't last for long before steel was adopted. The one you have has flaps on the front wall to attach an awning. Awnings became full width later on. Then the final change was the adoption of the sandwich colour schemes with white or coffee sections in the wall.

Still waiting for the details behind the pen name and thought 1941 was a bigger year.
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Mon 02 Apr 2012, 8:27 pm

are the sides alloy or steel from the 80s onwards as ours has a few areas that have no paint left and no rust?
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 02 Apr 2012, 8:33 pm

NickB wrote:are the sides alloy or steel from the 80s onwards as ours has a few areas that have no paint left and no rust?

Think they're aluminium and I'm talking rubbish.
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Mon 02 Apr 2012, 8:41 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    NickB wrote:are the sides alloy or steel from the 80s onwards as ours has a few areas that have no paint left and no rust?

Think they're aluminium and I'm talking rubbish.

I think you right about aluminium but not talking rubbish
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:34 am

shhhh don't tell any one but I lock my 6 with a small screwdriver as i have no key to her shhhh

our new dandy .. just dont know much about it 1710857839 our new dandy .. just dont know much about it 1710857839 our new dandy .. just dont know much about it 1710857839 your dandy is gorgeous the early dandy's didn't have names just goes on the sleeping capacity but as they say it depends on the LHS box
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:26 am

our new dandy .. just dont know much about it 1428739134 On your purchase.
    Kimmie
    Kimmie

Post by Kimmie Tue 03 Apr 2012, 1:55 pm

our new dandy .. just dont know much about it 936075699

It looks like mine and mines a 4. Like the others say tho, it depends if the bench is just a locker or wide enough to use as a small bed
    our new dandy .. just dont know much about it 2702329197
    selkie

our new dandy .. just dont know much about it Empty Our New Dandy..just don't know much about it0

Post by selkie Sat 07 Apr 2012, 11:11 pm

Hi and welcome, congratulation your dandy it's fabulous..more pics of the interior please! we didn't know anything about Dandy's too, it took us several attempts to erect it (much amusement for the neighbours)as it didn't come with any instructions and we didn't understand the strings had to be attached to the buttons, once we mastered it we were away all summer... have fun and enjoy your Dandy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 12:50 pm