Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
mike
Tow Itch
The Admiral
7 posters

Water Containers

The Admiral
    The Admiral

Water Containers Empty Water Containers

Post by The Admiral Sun 15 Apr 2012, 3:55 pm

We haven't decided yet whether to get a powered or foot pump for our new sink, but we are obviously going to need water containers for the fresh & waste water. So what type/brands do you guys recommend?
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Water Containers Empty Re: Water Containers

Post by Tow Itch Sun 15 Apr 2012, 5:31 pm

Do you still have the hole in the floor from the previous kitchen or are you just going to thread the waste pipe out of the Velcro?
    Come to that do you see yourself cooking in the Dandy or in the awning most of the time?
    If the pipework goes out of the hole in the floor there are some advantages for the longer lower grey water containers.
    If the pipe is not going out the floor whatever is cheapest or fits your packing the best. An Aquaroll has the ability to roll but if you have 2 X 25litre containers a single light "Potato Sack" trolley would move both and they take less space as they're square sided.

Last edited by Tow Itch on Mon 27 May 2013, 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 15 Apr 2012, 5:44 pm

We use one of the cheap black waste containers at the moment but will change it for the low flatter units with wheels,as for fresh water never have bothered with the pump use a plastic one with a tap on 10lit i think.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 15 Apr 2012, 6:42 pm

This is the type of waste container i will get it saves carrying

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 31 Oct 2012, 8:13 am

We use a square container as it stores easily and a folding trolley to carry it for the same reason, we also have a square waste water container and the whole lot sit on top of our dandy.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 31 Oct 2012, 5:01 pm

Cracking bit of kit as the wheels even fold in.
    Only downside on these is the handle is a little low. I used a mini sack truck to move some oddments in a box when at the Goodwood Revival. The stuff only weighed about 10Kg to 15Kg but trying to carry the box was cumbersome as I had to move other things as well, putting the box under my arm and it cut the blood supply off from my arm. The mini sack truck was almost ideal except for the short handle causing me to stoop if I wanted to trail the load as in the style of a granny shopping trolley.

Two 20l or 25l containers and this may be the way to go and the trolley will always be available for gas bottles batteries etc. Especially useful if you have a duff back.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 31 Oct 2012, 7:04 pm

Your right Kevin, I think anyone tall may struggle but anyone up to 5-10 should be okay and if your 5-6 then it's perfect Very Happy
    Dandyman bob

Water Containers Empty Re Water Cnotainers

Post by Dandyman bob Thu 01 Nov 2012, 11:39 pm

We use the above waste hog for grey water and a water Hog for fresh water. The reason being that they hold the most which means less trips to the tap etc. We stow the water hog in the toilet compartment and put the waste hog in abag on top between the beds when travelling. I don't know what unit you have so size may be an issue.
    Regards Bob.
    PS I am 6'4" and don't find the waste carrier a problem.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 02 Nov 2012, 1:06 am

Bob

Not wanting to play ignorant (but I find it so easy) What is an above waste hog and a water hog.

Wheels beginning to turn. Is it the Waste Hog as pictured above. D'oh.

Does this brand carry more than the Aquaroll Wastemaster? A significant amount? Never seen that brand before.

I was more giving grief about the mini foldable sack trucks and their limitations, possibly when used for unsuitable purposes
    Suffolk20
    Suffolk20

Post by Suffolk20 Mon 27 May 2013, 11:31 pm

We have dispensed with the second gas bottle (spare) and fitted a water container into the gas bottle cradle.
    It just happens that one of those polycarbonate water bottles as used in office water coolers just fits the gas bottle cradle. The hose and pump are dropped in together with the electris and hey presto neat water tank. We top it up with two 5 litre water containers. Works fine.
    navver

Post by navver Tue 28 May 2013, 12:23 am

I went for a pair of these. They do a blue for fresh & a grey for waste. It's amazing how small they are to pack.

Here they are packed in our Designer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 2:18 am