Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Dandy Discovery for Sale soon

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Dandy Discovery for Sale soon Empty Dandy Discovery for Sale soon

Post by Helen on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 3:26 pm

Laura is going to be selling her discovery soon, I will put it on ebay as a project if no one here is interested but thought I would let you lot take a look at it first. I think it's an 87 but will verify that first, the door has been made into a stable type door by the previous owners and although it is very handy and it's works fine when it's all set up it can make erecting the Dandy a bit difficult. The bottom panel of the door has been replaced and is solid but could do with being fitted a bit better as it has bolts that are a bit too large holding it at the moment. There is a stain on the inside of the roof from where the spare has been sat at some point that won't come off but a sheet used as a roof liner will hide that, it needs a bit of velcro replacing too.
The carpet could do with replacing as it has at some point had an underfloor heater and it's no longer there, the front windows have been cleaned with something abrasive but as it has a full awning it didn't bother Laura too much. The units have been painted and are in need of doing again but it's just cosmetic and a mouse has merrily munched away at one of the seat cushions. I think it's the back rest of the 5th bed again I will verify this,we had planned on doing all of the little jobs because they really enjoyed using it last season but as Laura has an expanding waistline with a baby boy due in September we decided to purchase a bigger Dandy6 and she can use it when she wants to.

The awning ...... sorry no pictures, has been altered so that it has D shaped zip out sides and at the front there is an extra zip that allows you to open half of the awning to the centre, it does have a fabric band attached to the centre of the awning window with ties. The fabric banding looks a little grubby and the frame of the awning has been adapted so you can slide the poles out to size, personally I prefer the awning the way Dandy designed it but it is a functioning Dandy awning that gives lots of extra space, there is no groundsheet but it is water tight, I think there are a couple of little repairs to the awning windows but they are very small and you really have to look to find them.

You can go away in it as it is, it will keep you comfortable and dry.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be
registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Helen on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 6:24 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added pic of the sink)
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Dandy Discovery for Sale soon Empty Re: Dandy Discovery for Sale soon

Post by mike on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 4:02 pm

From what i remember its not that much of a project,i think its you just being over honest and not wanting to mislead anyone Very Happy
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 4:21 pm

It is fully usable as it is so long as your not a fuss pot like me, so not really a project as such but the velcro wants replacing too so will have to edit the first bit about it Laughing
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 6:27 pm

Any Sensible offer will be considered

This is it at Dinarth hall in Wales

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 9:33 pm

If your worried about the price or offending with an offer don't be we really don't expect a lot for what you get because we need the space, if it's still here by Monday it will be going on ebay.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 2:44 pm

99p Dandy Discovery for Sale soon 3462454224 Dandy Discovery for Sale soon 3462454224 Dandy Discovery for Sale soon 3462454224 Dandy Discovery for Sale soon 3462454224 Dandy Discovery for Sale soon 3462454224 Dandy Discovery for Sale soon 3462454224 thought i would make an ebay type bid hope i don't get it no room
ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 2:47 pm

£1 Dandy Discovery for Sale soon 1208560806
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 3:00 pm

Helen wrote:If your worried about the price or offending with an offer don't be we really don't expect a lot for what you get because we need the space, if it's still here by Monday it will be going on ebay.

Got to say i have known Helen longer than most on here and she is easy to talk to if you are interested give her a pm
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 20 Apr 2012, 11:06 pm

The discovery has a new home to go to and Molly has a new boyfriend Dandy Discovery for Sale soon 1049241286
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Wed 25 Apr 2012, 10:38 pm

Helen wrote:The discovery has a new home to go to and Molly has a new boyfriend Dandy Discovery for Sale soon 1049241286

Molly is looking forward to her date, I hope they like each other. affraid bounce bounce
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 26 Apr 2012, 9:38 am

It will be love at first sight Dandy Discovery for Sale soon 1468157981

We have a few things that will go with the Discovery including a sun canopy that was also made for the Dandy from white pvc. There is also lots of other goodies too but that can be a surprise.
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Thu 26 Apr 2012, 9:43 am

Helen wrote:It will be love at first sight Dandy Discovery for Sale soon 1468157981

We have a few things that will go with the Discovery including a sun canopy that was also made for the Dandy from white pvc. There is also lots of other goodies too but that can be a surprise.

How exciting. bounce bounce bounce

Will I need to order another sticker, or is it prestickered? Is that a word? Lol
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 26 Apr 2012, 10:28 am

I can't remember Cazz, I will let you know soon. It was checked over last night and the tyres are good, the chassis is sound and the suspension is okay too. Dandy Discovery for Sale soon 1710857839

I was just about to email you Laughing

We have found a problem with it affraid it's not massive but the brakes are coming on in reverse. We never noticed before because it's hardly been used by us (twice) and we normally unhook and push it into position like we do with our Dandy. It's uncanny that someone else posted about this problem just a couple of days ago and Adam found the same problem yesterday evening but I know Mike had this too so it seems a common problem. Reversing a trailer is not Johns best point so we unhook and push into position. We are going to check our Designer to see if that doe's the same thing as the suspension has just been changed Shocked

Sorry to spoil the excitement but I would rather you know now than take it and then find out or you have a wasted journey.

The good thing is that you will know everything about the Dandy and can make an informed decision rather than turn up and then find that the Dandy is not as described like we did. It is still a bargain though and we used it without even noticing this problem. As you and Wayne tinker with cars you will probably be able to sort it out yourselves by adjusting the brakes but I fully understand if you decide it's not for you.

Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Thu 26 Apr 2012, 11:13 am

That shouldn't be a problem, and as you say it will probably be easy to sort. Besides I probably won't reverse with the trailer on the van, mainly due to not being able to see it, lol.

But thank you for your honesty. Very Happy
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 26 Apr 2012, 11:25 am

Dandy Discovery for Sale soon 2702329197

At least we know it's going to a good home, it's pathetic really how attached we can get to a Dandy but for us it's the same with our cars. I always get sad when it's time to part, I even advertised my little honda civic with a ..... to good home only tagged on the end lol!
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Thu 26 Apr 2012, 11:34 am

I'm like that too. We only got Waynes classic cheap because the old owner wanted it to go to a good home, he contacted Wayne because he knew he was looking for one and had really looked after the one that some prat wrote off. The car wasn't actually for sale, but he needed it to be sold. So we're not the only mad sad people. lol!
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 27 Apr 2012, 1:12 pm

Don't forget to bring a number plate of some description tomorrow Cazz Very Happy
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Fri 27 Apr 2012, 1:18 pm

Helen wrote:Don't forget to bring a number plate of some description tomorrow Cazz Very Happy

It's already in, it's a permanent feature since we put pressed aluminium ones on her. You never know when you might need to tow something or can help someone out. Dandy Discovery for Sale soon 115684958
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 27 Apr 2012, 4:35 pm

It's sat waiting now, had it erected today hoovered it inside and febreezed as it's been closed for a long time so it smells lovely inside. We've left the chenille throws that I made for the sofa's inside along with matching cushion cases to match the curtains. There is a decent step too plus some type of DIY hook on skirts in brown pvc, we haven't bothered with them but you might so they may as well stay with the Dandy. You will have to give the pvc a bit of a clean though as it's started raining Embarassed

As you can see the cover is original and in good condition.

Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Fri 27 Apr 2012, 5:06 pm

Ooh, it's got a front box as well. bounce bounce bounce the goodies sound good, Bomff will like the step, lol.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 27 Apr 2012, 5:08 pm

I knew you'd be pleased with the front box cheers

Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Fri 27 Apr 2012, 5:15 pm

Helen wrote:I knew you'd be pleased with the front box cheers

It's very modern. lol!

It will also be nice to have a cover that hasn't got 40 holes in it. cheers
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 28 Apr 2012, 5:46 pm

Lovely to meet you today and I told you it towed like a dream cheers

Hope Molly is happy with her new partner Very Happy
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sat 28 Apr 2012, 6:01 pm

Nice to meet you both also, it felt like we've known each other for ages. Sorry about Bomff thinking he owned your sitting room and sofa. Dogs!!!

Molly is so far very pleased with her new friend, even though she's not seen it up yet, we've been busy watching a heron by the river and keeping out of the rain. Rolling Eyes
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 28 Apr 2012, 6:22 pm

It's still blowing a gale here, we did natter a lot Dandy Discovery for Sale soon 1710857839

I would still rather be camping even in the rain Very Happy Bailey is actually sleeping at the moment instead of being giddy. Laughing Phew peace at last.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 06 Aug 2020, 2:31 pm