Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping


Woodhall Spa Chat

Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Posts : 1458
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 54
Location : Lowestoft, Suffolk

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by Eilis on Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:45 pm

i'm thinking of bringing my awning, it has a couple of holes in it but i figure some tenacious tape will temporarily fix that and i can get lots of advice about long term repair from you lot
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6837
Join date : 2011-06-12

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by Helen on Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:53 pm

You may as well bring it Eilis, you can take a good look at it erected. It will also give you a lot more space. Very Happy
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Posts : 1458
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 54
Location : Lowestoft, Suffolk

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by Eilis on Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:55 pm

that's what i was thinking, plus better to put it up when i've got lots of people around who know what they are doing as i have managed to make mistakes putting up and taking down the dandy each time lol - different mistakes each time too so at least i'm learning not to repeat mistakes, just make new ones each time Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 3462454224
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Posts : 1092
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 44
Location : Penshaw Tyne & Wear

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by vickoir on Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:03 pm

Eilis wrote:that's what i was thinking, plus better to put it up when i've got lots of people around who know what they are doing as i have managed to make mistakes putting up and taking down the dandy each time lol - different mistakes each time too so at least i'm learning not to repeat mistakes, just make new ones each time Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 3462454224

all you need to do eilis is arrive then stand back im sure nick and mike will be right in amongst it Wink
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Posts : 5172
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 70
Location : north east lincs

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by mike on Mon 27 Jun 2011, 3:07 pm

Yes bring the awning because we may just take the utility depends,at the moment we are due to work thurs 6-2 but going to ask if we can have a PG day permission granted,that way it saves the holidays.


mike
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Posts : 5172
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 70
Location : north east lincs

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by mike on Tue 28 Jun 2011, 3:11 pm

cheers we have a pg day the boss said we where no bloody good any way so may as well have it off Very Happy he is a nice man lol!
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6837
Join date : 2011-06-12

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by Helen on Tue 28 Jun 2011, 3:26 pm

That's great news Mike

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 184121345
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Posts : 5172
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 70
Location : north east lincs

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by mike on Tue 28 Jun 2011, 4:38 pm

Looking like the awning now,just thought if we where working Thursday it would be too much bother,but not now.

Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Posts : 1458
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 54
Location : Lowestoft, Suffolk

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by Eilis on Tue 28 Jun 2011, 5:00 pm

that's great news mike Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 3517506835
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Posts : 1092
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 44
Location : Penshaw Tyne & Wear

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by vickoir on Tue 28 Jun 2011, 5:17 pm

3 more sleeps and boy will i be ready for a holiday loving my new job but my boss is on holiday this week and given that i have only been there 6 weeks its exhausting being me and him lol!
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Posts : 570
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 44
Location : Tyne and Wear

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by Nick on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:07 pm

we got our invoice for woodhall spa today and we are getting a free night happy days,we are staying for a week now.So total cost for 7days inc hardstanding,ehu is £117.Even allowing for fuel and food its going to be under £250 for a weeks holiday,who said holidaying in the UK is expensive,just hope the weather is lovely now Very Happy

p.s

if anyone has booked for 3nights you get the 4th free,check with site to make sure if you have not had a confirmation letter:)
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Posts : 5172
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 70
Location : north east lincs

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by mike on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 3:00 pm

NickB wrote:we got our invoice for woodhall spa today and we are getting a free night happy days,we are staying for a week now.So total cost for 7days inc hardstanding,ehu is £117.Even allowing for fuel and food its going to be under £250 for a weeks holiday,who said holidaying in the UK is expensive,just hope the weather is lovely now Very Happy

p.s

if anyone has booked for 3nights you get the 4th free,check with site to make sure if you have not had a confirmation letter:)


Trust me only staying 3 nights.
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Posts : 570
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 44
Location : Tyne and Wear

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by Nick on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 3:33 pm

Mike thats typical are you leaving on Sunday then?We were always staying 4nights then going somewhere else but we thought what the hell lets stay for the week,i cannot be bothered to pack it all up then drive for several hours to have unpack it all again.I guess i am not a true traveller.I suppose i should think about getting the dandy off its stands soon Wink
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Posts : 5172
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 70
Location : north east lincs

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by mike on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 3:52 pm

Yes leaving Sunday,when i retired i lost all the extra holiday benefits and things like that so just get 4 weeks now,all right he will give us these pg days but you cant keep asking.

mike
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Posts : 570
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 44
Location : Tyne and Wear

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by Nick on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:01 pm

Well saturday night is the probably the one night when everyone is actually there together,so maybe we could have a bbq if anyone fancies it,i don't have an oil drum but i have a Weber that works fine.The weather is at least looking good for the weekend now.What does everyone think about a bbq saturday weather permitting?
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6837
Join date : 2011-06-12

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by Helen on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:06 pm

We are happy to go along with a BBQ Nick. Smile
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Posts : 5172
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 70
Location : north east lincs

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by mike on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:13 pm

Yes had thought that may be a good idea,any one that wants burgers there is a tesco at Horncastle and we could get the same ones as last time, tesco finest seem to think they where nice.

mike
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Posts : 5172
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 70
Location : north east lincs

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by mike on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:43 pm

ONE MORE SLEEP
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Posts : 570
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 44
Location : Tyne and Wear

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by Nick on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:43 pm

i bought 8 quality fresh burgers from sainsbury's that will need eating up by the 3rd,i also have a couple of packs of american Monterey Jack cheese slices a large deli colslaw & potato salad,so that's what i will contribute towards the BBQ i don't think we will need loads of food what do you think?We will need buns salad i guess and whatever other meat.I can cook enough for 4 people on our little bbq so we will need at least 1more bbq.I am pretty sure Matt said he has a bbq in his campervan.The tesco's in Horncastle is small but had everything we needed,the Co Op and Budgens in Woodhall are both decent enough but obviously a little dearer for most stuff,or a lot dearer for alcohol.
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Posts : 570
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 44
Location : Tyne and Wear

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by Nick on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:46 pm

mike wrote:Yes had thought that may be a good idea,any one that wants burgers there is a tesco at Horncastle and we could get the same ones as last time, tesco finest seem to think they where nice.

mike

you has tesco finest at the easter trip??And yes they are nice Smile
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Posts : 5172
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 70
Location : north east lincs

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by mike on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 5:02 pm

NickB wrote:
mike wrote:Yes had thought that may be a good idea,any one that wants burgers there is a tesco at Horncastle and we could get the same ones as last time, tesco finest seem to think they where nice.

mike

you has tesco finest at the easter trip??And yes they are nice Smile

O yes,we got there finest sausages as well they where ok but not as good as the burgers
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Posts : 5172
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 70
Location : north east lincs

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by mike on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 5:05 pm

NickB wrote:i bought 8 quality fresh burgers from sainsbury's that will need eating up by the 3rd,i also have a couple of packs of american Monterey Jack cheese slices a large deli colslaw & potato salad,so that's what i will contribute towards the BBQ i don't think we will need loads of food what do you think?We will need buns salad i guess and whatever other meat.I can cook enough for 4 people on our little bbq so we will need at least 1more bbq.I am pretty sure Matt said he has a bbq in his campervan.The tesco's in Horncastle is small but had everything we needed,the Co Op and Budgens in Woodhall are both decent enough but obviously a little dearer for most stuff,or a lot dearer for alcohol.

Better ask Helen about the second BBQ think we may have to let John do it lol!
avatar
Deb

Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-06-25
Age : 66
Location : yorshire

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by Deb on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 5:09 pm

Looking forward to the pictures,hope you all have a lovely time.

Deb x
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Posts : 1092
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 44
Location : Penshaw Tyne & Wear

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by vickoir on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 5:36 pm

2 more sleeps and dont worry deb we'll post some pics when we get back Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 2792229418
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6837
Join date : 2011-06-12

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by Helen on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 5:40 pm

Oh yes forgot to say, as soon as John see's a BBQ he takes up his weapons (spatula and tongues) and no one can get near Shocked

thanks Deb, maybe you can join us one day you would be made very welcome. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Woodhall Spa Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodhall Spa Chat

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Wed 13 Nov 2019, 11:42 am