Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Dandy Campers Forum meets

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Dandy Campers Forum meets Empty Dandy Campers Forum meets

Post by Helen Tue 01 May 2012, 2:01 pm

Any member can organise a meet of their choice, there are no limitations on your options. It's up to you if you want a small quiet meet, a larger lively meet, adults only or family fun. We don't have rallies as this would mean fund raising as we would have to be a club and have insurance too. We would rather people be able to come along and simply relax and do as they wish, it's all about being able to choose to do what you want, when you want and with whom you want. I think that we will be having a large forum meet once per year as the admin of the forum are all from different parts of the country and this will give us all a chance to celebrate the forums anniversaries together. We've had a Christmas meet then one of our members sorted out a meet at Lakeside for adults only (thanks Terry) and Vicki is sorting another one out near her. The Woodhall spa meet is one I put forward and is open to all our members, it just depends on what you want from a meet, when people get to know each other better I'm sure there will be more people willing to invite others along too.

It may seem odd that we don't arrange regular meets but we think it's gives people far more options to engage in the type of meet they prefer without limiting people to one type only. It would be a pretty boring place if we all liked exactly the same things.

It's your meet and your choice, there's nothing hard about reserving a few pitches and letting people book themselves or just inviting people along ........... so go for it Dandy Campers Forum meets 184121345
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Dandy Campers Forum meets Empty Re: Dandy Campers Forum meets

Post by Tow Itch Tue 01 May 2012, 6:11 pm

Dear All

Not exactly in the field of meets. (ouch)
    Thought I'd bump these.
    22nd to 24th June It's the Dent Music and Beer festival [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    I've got a collection of up to 13 reprobates attending this with a possible threat of attendance from Helen and John.
    Anyone daft enough to meet my friends is more than welcome. No advance notice required turn up if the weekend looks like it might be good and some space will be found. There is one campsite not mentioned in the festival details so if worst comes to worst space would be found there. So not on the same field but within half a mile. If you fancy camping with us a bit of advance notice to me would help as there is no advance booking for Conder Farm. There is also High Laning Campsite that takes advance bookings.

The following weekend is Goodwood Festival Of Speed.

I can still get free tickets for the festival. If your quick.
    At this point I want to sell half my pitch for £100.00. The offer of free tickets is not conditional on buying into my pitch.
    The half pitch will easily fit a Dandy and an awning and includes electric. The camping is for up to five nights the Wed to Sun night inclusive.
    Though the facilities are temporary and for mass camping I've never seen the like of these facilities in any campsite. There was a massed disaster on site last year as the unit rental company installed all new units without testing them in advance. The disaster encompassed my not being able to have a shower on the first day and a reduced supply of hot water for the pot washing kitchen. There is a 24 hour cleaning team for the campsite facilities. At night there is a very nice man who keeps an eye on the festivities, he doesn't want to cramp your style and isn't the noise police at ten thirty. He does however talk to people if they are getting too silly I've only seen him speak to a couple of groups. He must have the most fantastic powers of persuasion because everyone sees things his way.

I faithfully promise that this is the last time this year that I try and sell these events.
    selkie

Post by selkie Tue 01 May 2012, 8:26 pm

Hi Kevin, we are booked in at High laning camp site for Dentdale beer and music festival, this will be our third year...see you there! Smile
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 01 May 2012, 8:40 pm

selkie wrote: Hi Kevin, we are booked in at High laning camp site for Dentdale beer and music festival, this will be our third year...see you there! Smile

You can afford Margret's. "Loadsamoney"

See you there I should be there early in the week to volunteer.
    selkie

Post by selkie Tue 01 May 2012, 11:08 pm

Hehe Kevin..loadsamoney indeed! Smile We just prefer to pay a bit extra and go to Margaret's ...it's ..well a bit flatter for the Dandy than the other one..LOL!!
    We will arrive early Friday morning..yes see you there

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 2:32 am