Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Possible Meet - August/September

MrsG
MrsG

Possible Meet - August/September Empty Possible Meet - August/September

Post by MrsG on Wed 02 May 2012, 6:34 pm

Hi All,

Ben & I are looking to book a week somewhere in August/September which could possibly turn into a meet if there is interest....

Not sure where the majority of our members are based so if you could give me some idea I'd be grateful. Ben & I are not afraid of a bit of travelling so happy to come up near you if the majority is up north etc. Looking at dates between 24/08 & 02/09...there is a bank holiday in between which is a bonus!

Firstly, would anyone be interested?

Thanks

Lucie
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Possible Meet - August/September Empty Re: Possible Meet - August/September

Post by Helen on Wed 02 May 2012, 6:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope the link helps out a bit, we are possibles depending on where it is. Very Happy

Last edited by Helen on Sat 05 May 2012, 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 02 May 2012, 6:50 pm

We had a nice one here last september,nice site great pub food after a short stroll down the river,the only downside is the showers they are power showers and you need protection affraid lol! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 02 May 2012, 6:52 pm

Oh yes it was lovely, I really enjoyed it there Very Happy
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 02 May 2012, 6:54 pm

Should have said we are possibles depending on distance,i only tow with a 1200 punto so limit my distance.
bgarston
bgarston

Post by bgarston on Wed 02 May 2012, 7:04 pm

mike wrote:We had a nice one here last september,nice site great pub food after a short stroll down the river,the only downside is the showers they are power showers and you need protection affraid lol! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hi Mike, from the description on the website this campsite sounds like its right up my street! Definitely a contender.

Cheers Ben
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 02 May 2012, 7:09 pm

The picture on the Banner at the top of the page was taken at that site. This was from last year

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 02 May 2012, 7:11 pm

I should have said most of the pictures are from page 3
bgarston
bgarston

Post by bgarston on Wed 02 May 2012, 7:16 pm

I've been looking at the sites advertised on this site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Not being a local does anyone know if any of these sites any good?: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheers Ben

Last edited by bgarston on Wed 02 May 2012, 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 02 May 2012, 7:17 pm

Helen wrote:I should have said most of the pictures are from page 3

Page 3 affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid oh yes good old page 3
MrsG
MrsG

Post by MrsG on Wed 02 May 2012, 7:19 pm

Helen wrote:I should have said most of the pictures are from page 3

The pics are great, lovely that there are so many Dandy's in one place!

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 02 May 2012, 7:22 pm

They are rather photogenic in a group cheers
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 02 May 2012, 7:24 pm

Any of the pubs would be fine for us but I would prefer to go a bit further away from home if you get more interest by having it in the North West then I would live with it lol!
bgarston
bgarston

Post by bgarston on Wed 02 May 2012, 7:45 pm

Helen wrote:Any of the pubs would be fine for us but I would prefer to go a bit further away from home if you get more interest by having it in the North West then I would live with it lol!

Well to be frank, we have been looking at sites in the North as it appears most forum members are based in the North and interest would be greater. Being in the South West Lucie and I are prepared to travel.......begs the question I guess how far people are prepared to travel for a weekend, long weekend, etc?

Ben

Last edited by bgarston on Wed 02 May 2012, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrsG
MrsG

Post by MrsG on Wed 02 May 2012, 7:45 pm

Give me a clue on area preferences so people would be able to attend and I will do the legwork to get it arranged Wink
MrsG
MrsG

Post by MrsG on Wed 02 May 2012, 7:47 pm

Ooooooo, snap to the reply Ben!

As we will be going for a week, we don't mind travelling so would just like to make it accessible for people only able to come for the weekend....

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 02 May 2012, 7:48 pm

Lets see what interest you get from members over the next few days and then we can see on the map where those interested are located and then choose a location according to who is interested. Smile
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 02 May 2012, 7:59 pm

Anyone else fancy a few days or just a weekend at the end of August beginning of September with Ben and Lucie Very Happy

Lucie & Ben
Helen & John
Mike & Nancy
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 02 May 2012, 10:34 pm

Out of the pub sites you listed I have stayed at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the campsite is quite small and the abluting facilities though not palatial are adequate. If that sounds like faint praise it's not meant to be. The campsite is functional the pub serves quite reasonable meals and is not expensive. I think it might have a quiz on the thursday and entertainment one of the nights. There is no village near the pub and it's not exactly on top of most of the attractions of the peak district. We did have perfectly acceptable weekend there and it is within a commutable distance of my favourite pub. The Three Stags' Heads at Wardlow Mires [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] though if visiting there I would want someone else driving or to be within crawling distance.(N.B. This is my favourite pub and I heartily agree with the review, do Google this place but it's not everyone's cup of tea. If I were to tell of the main entertainment the last time I entered I fear no one would ever visit.Truly original)

I believe some have you may have visited the Cotton Arms at Wrenbury, were you one Lucie? If not and the majority of those interested havn't visited it's worthwhile. There isn't a car show on that weekend at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] "Chumley Castle" but the grounds are worth while.
Damn I've done a review of this area before but looked for over an hour and can't find it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is nearby for a day out if it's wet. I believe reduced rates may be negotiable for a group meet.
If you were only doing a few days the nearby [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] offers free camping.

The reduced rates was meant to refer to The Cotton Arms not Hack Green though rates are available there as well.

Last edited by Tow Itch on Wed 02 May 2012, 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because While Sometimes Able To Construct Proper Sentences They Don't Always Mean What Was Intended.)
MrsG
MrsG

Post by MrsG on Wed 02 May 2012, 10:44 pm

will deffo look into those suggestions tow itch thank you.....would u fancy it? Not guilty on a visit to the cotton arms Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 17 Oct 2019, 10:12 pm